Match Thread Coventry v Rangers (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

The difference between the teams will be the game time and training time, I fully expect rangers to be much sharper than we are... They beat motherwell 4-0 either yesterday or Wednesday..

Tough first pre season match for us but thats a good thing ad will probably give us a great indicator of how far off we are

SeaSeeEffCee

Fully expecting to get beat 3 or 4-0 but it doesn't really matter at this stage of the season. Remember before the Mowbray season when we scored 2 goals in 5 preseason games and got held to a 0-0 by Nuneaton and then hit the ground running.

Frostie

Not sure on the situation with Allen but he's definitely not been in the Scotland squad videos etc.

Westbrooke had been training at Ryton with squad but stayed behind from the Scotland trip to sort out a move to another club apparently.
Twitter rumour is Pompey which makes sense as they were also interested in him last season.

Skybluebeliever

The players have done virtually nothing for 4 months , I’m sure there will be a lot of niggling injuries picked up on returning to training , I think they will be a few missing tomorrow and few of the young lads playing

bradwellskyblues

from the last game at ipswich d,abo macfadzean rose allen injured walsh macallum gone westbrooke not travelled as well makes predicting the team rather difficult

larry_david

Better days said we had some knocks. Drysdale has a bandage on his knee for example. Mcfadz had aguero style hair a few weeks back, think I clocked him in a clip today. I mentioned Allen in another thread missing and looks like that's true. We'll see tomorrow

Frostie

Better days said we had some knocks. Drysdale has a bandage on his knee for example. Mcfadz had aguero style hair a few weeks back, think I clocked him in a clip today. I mentioned Allen in another thread missing and looks like that's true. We'll see tomorrow

Dabo & Rose we already knew about.
Since confirmed that Allen, Westbrooke & McFadzean also missing.

stay_up_skyblues

Can't seem to be able to log into the club website to buy the match pass. Won’t go past the log in screen. Looks like I’m signing up for Premier Sports!

Nick

Administrator

“During lockdown, Michael Rose and Fankaty Dabo complained about some pain they were in and we were able to get them assessed and we then had to wait for things to be freed up to get them booked in for a scan.

“Once we were able to, they went for scans and it became clear that they both needed operations on their hips.

“They are both now recovering really well and they’re with us here in Scotland continuing their rehab and we’re looking at having them back involved by the end of September hopefully.

“Elsewhere, Fadz (Kyle McFadzean) sustained a concussion so he won’t be involved against Rangers and neither will Jamie Allen, Julien Dacosta or Zain Westbrooke.

“Jamie went over on his ankle and will be out for around two to three weeks and Zain should be back training next week.”

Malaka

City are 10/1 on Bet 365, I've had a cheeky fiver. Don't expect to win, but 10/1 ain't to be sniffed at

larry_david

End of Sept is actually a decent result. Probably miss 3 games in that case.

Allen should be back for last 3 weeks of pre season.

Mcfadz next week.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If Dacosta is out too gonna struggle at RB/RWB. Guess it'll have to be Pask and Rowe.

mark82

End of Sept is actually a decent result. Probably miss 3 games in that case.

Allen should be back for last 3 weeks of pre season.

Mcfadz next week.

From what I've heard they were niggles they were playing through towards the end of last season. Don't think either are huge long term concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread