Coventry v Posh matchday thread (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
And the linesmen swapped sides too. Do they always do that in the second half. He was pretty useless to be honest and was three yards behind the pace most of the time.

A guy near me said its the first time all season they have swapped at HT. my understanding is that the linesman stays in the same half for the entire 90 minutes. Wish they had! The obese one was always behind play even when he didn't have to move to be in line with play, which until today I didn't think would be possible, but it appears it is

Nonleagueherewecome

You're like my old headmaster... only ever there when I screwed up... never saw all the good stuff I did... I think in all of Norwood's games today's misplaced pass.. the one you reference has been his only error ... come on mate... give the kid a break.. he's breathed life into us for sure.. and given us a glimmer of survival hope despite today's disappointment.

It wasn't one mis-placed pass, it was 3 or 4. Yeah I like the lad, credit where its due, but where is the even-handedness? Sammy misplace a pass like that and we'd slaughter him, same goes for Hussey.

I don't buy the hype: our players our so shite that we get one Man U kid who might actually make a few sub appearance for them in the League Cup one day, and we have threads talking about having "The New Scholes"..last time I checked, Scholes didn't mis-place balls that regularly..and never by 15 yards.

EDIT: just spotted the "New Scholes" thread was started by a Man U fan, so I'll let us off that one!

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

It wasn't one mis-placed pass, it was 3 or 4. Yeah I like the lad, credit where its due, but where is the even-handedness? Sammy misplace a pass like that and we'd slaughter him, same goes for Hussey.

I don't buy the hype: our players our so shite that we get one Man U kid who might actually make a few sub appearance for them in the League Cup one day, and we have threads talking about having "The New Scholes"..last time I checked, Scholes didn't mis-place balls that regularly..and never by 15 yards.

EDIT: just spotted the "New Scholes" thread was started by a Man U fan, so I'll let us off that one!

Yes I agree, he isn't Scholes, talk of which is ludicrous, but he has improved us surely? I think the data since he arrived verifies this.
Does one man make a team? Does one or two stray passes make a bad player..no.
Do I condone the berating of Hussey, of course not- he is getting better with every game and for me, against Posh I thought he had one of his better outings?
As for Sammy, he's been very disappointing this year rarely showing the ability he undoubtedly has, he's older and wiser and so regrettably, probably deserves the criticism he gets?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sammy and Hussey didn't set up two goals with the two passes of the game so I will let him off.
Seriously did Norwood shit in your cereal this morning? You seem determinted to criticise him whilst bigging up players like David Bell.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sammy and Hussey didn't set up two goals with the two passes of the game so I will let him off.
Seriously did Norwood shit in your cereal this morning? You seem determinted to criticise him whilst bigging up players like David Bell.

Oh come on, I'm not "determined to criticise him" at all! Christ it's like when we had Partridge and everyone was saying we had the next Stanley Matthews. Too much hype for a kid with a bit of vision but who tries a few too many killer balls. He'll learn, that's why he's here, but he's no Hoddle or Plattini!

If anything really impressed me with Norwood yesterday it was his grit, determination, energy, stamina and commitment in the tackle. I just hope he has enough in the tank to do it again tomorrow.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh come on, I'm not "determined to criticise him" at all! Christ it's like when we had Partridge and everyone was saying we had the next Stanley Matthews. Too much hype for a kid with a bit of vision but who tries a few too many killer balls. He'll learn, that's why he's here, but he's no Hoddle or Plattini!

If anything really impressed me with Norwood yesterday it was his grit, determination, energy, stamina and commitment in the tackle. I just hope he has enough in the tank to do it again tomorrow.
Ok fair enough it is just that a lot of your posts not just 1 or 2 in the last 24 hours or so have been banging on about a few poor passes yesterday.

I will take a few more poor passes if he keeps playing more of the passes that got Clarke in twice, I wouldn't want to discourage him from playing killer passes as he is our only midfielder that does pass forward regularly and we already have one midfielder who plays safe 3 yard passes for 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread