Coventry V Ipswich Thread (2 Viewers)

Covstu

Agreed, I don't understand why everyone uses him as a scapegoat.

It is unbelievable isnt it!! Two goals he could nothing about, but hey he is rubbish. Thing is if he didnt play Dun would have been singled out anyway!

skybluesben

3-0 fucking hell!

Adam Jones

What f*ck are you on about? The goals have been unstoppable.

You're assuming I'm referring, firstly, to the goals he's conceded, and secondly, the goals in this game alone. I don't agree that Cranie's header was unstoppable. Andrews' shot was a top-drawer finish, no question, and you'd expect that to beat any goalkeeper, but he was too slow to react to the danger for the own-goal and his poor reflexes and lack of anticipation have cost us numerous times this season (with the exception of his block against Derby, which was extremely positive goalkeeping, and one save against Palace). Almost everything that's on target tends to beat him. The number of times shots have zipped narrowly past the post only for Murphy to be five or six yards away looking completely bewildered is the most discouraging thing imaginable in a goalkeeper. He's perpetually surprised at having to make any kind of save. That isn't good enough. He can't take crosses, he's a poor shot-stopper, his distribution is patchy at best... You can't make a case for him.

skybluesben

I want sisu out, say i want sisu out!!!!

torchomatic

I'm surprised that Bell and McSheffrey haven't shouldered the blame for this defeat yet. Still time, I guess.

skybluesteve76

Murphy is rubbish! He never gets near any of the goals we concede, in fact he's just made his first save of the season I think! As for Macdonald, cows arse banjo spring to mind. Saying that, awful team performance!

TheHellion

Where has our defence been in this game? Every time they get a set piece, they look like scoring. Every time they run at our back four, they look like scoring. Cranie's been nowhere apart from the Ipswich score sheet! The only positive thing I've seen in this game is that McDonald looks like he could be a goal threat if he can start scoring, other than that it's been quite abysmal.

Adam Jones

Murphy is by no means somebody I'm singling out as a scapegoat, either tonight or for any other result. We've been poor tonight, and that doesn't boil down to just one bad performance, but eleven. McDonald had adequate chances to drag us back up to parity, Bell has been typically weak... There are a host of similar cases. Ipswich have simply been the better side. That doesn't change that I see Murphy as inadequate at this level.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Awful performance, Ipswich have tore us apart for the whole game an could have scored 5+ easily. Only time we have looked dangerous is from set pieces. No penetration or movement through the middle we just cross the ball in from wide and hope for the best. We haven't carved a chance out through good play the whole game. Ipswich have just dominated the midfield from the beginning.

@Nick yes he replaced Gael just before HT.

ccfcway

Live in Vegas, appearing with Penn &Teller, the amazing disapearing Coventry defence. AS seen at Portman Rd, 19/9/11

Glen

Team is just awful no one could hit a barn door to save their lives we are going one way and thats down. Sorry to say we will just not score enough to stay up

TheHellion

after an extensive scientific enquiry I have concluded Ipswich have some quality, we have none

They've certainly given us an education on how to score goals tonight, with a little help of course. They've completely out played us. It's as simple as that.

@richh87

You're assuming I'm referring, firstly, to the goals he's conceded, and secondly, the goals in this game alone. I don't agree that Cranie's header was unstoppable. Andrews' shot was a top-drawer finish, no question, and you'd expect that to beat any goalkeeper, but he was too slow to react to the danger for the own-goal and his poor reflexes and lack of anticipation have cost us numerous times this season (with the exception of his block against Derby, which was extremely positive goalkeeping, and one save against Palace). Almost everything that's on target tends to beat him. The number of times shots have zipped narrowly past the post only for Murphy to be five or six yards away looking completely bewildered is the most discouraging thing imaginable in a goalkeeper. He's perpetually surprised at having to make any kind of save. That isn't good enough. He can't take crosses, he's a poor shot-stopper, his distribution is patchy at best... You can't make a case for him.

Absolute nonsense that Cranie's header should have been saved. Bizarre.

OyJimmy

What's a shite performance gotta do with Sisu?

Thorn can only play what he has at his disposal and can only buy if SISU give him cash. We are rubbish because we are using our kids to do the job of more mature players. I knew before the season started we would be rubbish given the budget we have. And guess what I'm right!

torchomatic

Assured? I like it.

Bloody Murphy/SISU/Bell/McSheffrey/McDonald (delete as appropriate)

Relegation is assured this season then we are in trouble not just on but definatly off the pitch

TheHellion

And as if we didn't have enough problems, we have an injury to Baker.

torchomatic

Ooh, that looks like a broken ankle.

nicksig

Second half we did ok. Looked better with Cameron at cb and Keough at rb. Created some decent chances. Game was gone by halftime unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread