Coventry V Ipswich Thread (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Bigi was playing as a defensive right sided midfielder-which is not the role. He's meant to be more central and our entire midfield is spread out too much.

Bell wasn't moving or showing enough energy for that role-I can see why the move was made. Coulda waited until half time rather than knackering Bigi's morale like that-looked like he was gonna cry!

Cranie poor, not for the first time IMO...Turner woulda been nice, but I'd love to see McPake in there. He'd be heading those crosses away in his bloody sleep.

Oh yeah, and we're either side to side or hoof. No attack other than the cross, nothing through the middle bar from the hoofs. Too direct in general.

Cody looked lively at times-great header! Lukas battling his heart out and winning it in the air. Ipswich will try to sit on this-if Bell can play the RCM position better than Bigi tonight and Sheff bring the dynamism to the "hole" role that he did last season..we might sneak a draw yet!!! PUSB, it's the hope that kills you :)

WillieStanley

We just need to get our acts together and pick our heads up. Is it just me or have there been quite a few long balls?

Covstu

i agree Nick, Hussey is not having a 'stormer' at all, he is getting murdered down that flank!!!! They are cutting us apart each time they have come forward, thankfully due to piss poor shooting it is only 2. They are queueing up to score!!!

JulianDarbyFTW

Agree Hussey is losing it too much, but that's because Baker seems to be man-marking their defenders giving him no options other than to try and be a hero. He seems to be the only one actually trying to get us back in it. Agree with the hoofball analysis from nlhwc too.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fed up of seeing Richard Cresswell play a blinder against us.

It's Aaaron Cresswell..has he ever played against us before?!

Maybe this is a game for 442..Ipswich have 4 (class) CM's with all the width coming from the full-backs. 442 might stifle that..their formation is made for killing ours.

PVA

Hussey has been one of our better players. Christie is having his first shocker though unfortunately

Nonleagueherewecome

With 442 at least their 2 wide CM's wouldn't be able to tuck-in at will. And it'd protect our full-backs better. Just a thought, I'm sure AT will cook up Plan B..or D..or Z.

egastap

Jeez.......It could be 4 or 5 already. What a shambles tonight. Apart from Cody's header off the line, we've had nothing. Men vs boys.....and it's showing I'm afraid. Chopra could've been playing for us...he's missed 3 great chances tonight. Sort it Mr Thorn!

skybluesben

come on city!!! PUSB!

we are truly awful, but dont worry thorn will tell us they are flying in training, andy mate, nobody cares about training, and can somebody tell me if there has ever been a worse player to wear a city shirt than david bell

runner

Agree, Cody is one of the few positives so far to take from the game ! He'll be good for us I think once match fit !

@richh87

we are truly awful, but dont worry thorn will tell us they are flying in training, andy mate, nobody cares about training, and can somebody tell me if there has ever been a worse player to wear a city shirt than david bell

Are you seriously having a go at Andy Thorn? Unbelievable.

runner

I think I would have preferred Murphy to have stayed injured mind, thought Dunn more confident against Derby than he is this evening, never feel too safe with him in the goal !

Users who are viewing this thread