Match Thread Coventry v Brighton U21 Match Thread - Tuesday 10th Jan (2 Viewers)

Generally Midfield

Really torn on this becuase I'd normally say go for it, play the strongest side and see how far we can go. But relegation to Div 4 would be a nightmare and the next few league games starting on Saturday will be critical and I guess they have to be the priority. I'll do a cop out and just trust to Slade's judgement.

no_loyalty

If Stokes and Willis not fit and Harries not returning, then it looks like Bigi or Rose at CB to partner Finch.

We should be alright as we are only playing against kids

Gazolba

What a pathetic squad we have available for this game.

italiahorse

I think that chopping and changing a team excessively achieves nothing.
Bring in a few changes to try them out but changing a whole team just results in loosing.
Why would people turn up to watch a match where we have compromised ourselves ?
These lads should be able to play twice a week. Just cut the training if necessary as its best to jell on the pitch.

trevelfarandwide

I'll go with the accepted 'keep a similar team' in order to strengthen the player's bond, get them gelling and fighting for each other. Beavon for captain anyone?

3-1 City, I have a feeling on this.

Otis

Or five who played the previous match.

I'm sure we should be able to apply for special dispensation though here. We have players who are now no longer at the club. Can't pick them if they aren't here and we can't play players that are injured.

shmmeee

I'll get excited at the semi.

(Otis/Hill I'll leave the rest of that post to you)

Otis

Anyone know what the capacity of the main stand is? Just been looking to see how many tickets have been sold. Two small blocks (only a small section with not many rows) with availability. The other blocks are all saying limited availability, or no availability (corporate).

What do we reckon, 4,000 maybe including a walk up on the night?

no_loyalty

Or five who played the previous match.

I'm sure we should be able to apply for special dispensation though here. We have players who are now no longer at the club. Can't pick them if they aren't here and we can't play players that are injured.

We will be ok, we still have 8 players available who started the previous match

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not from what I read.

Where did you hear that? I looked on the EFL website.

Will have another look.

Yes, you're right. I must have looked at last year's. Just one leg. So, only 3 games from Wembley.

Fuck.

Win tonight and we only have two games till Wembley. I honestly don't think anyone's really realised.

It'll be typical, the year the competition is a complete farce and means nothing, we'll go and win it!

Otis

A win tonight and a favorable draw and it might just create a little bit of a buzz around the city.

I know there is a lot of doom and gloom and perpetual hatred of Sisu, but think a Wembley trip could do wonders, both for excitement and belief and for the coffers too.

I wonder how much a Wembley final would mean to the club financially.

Nick

Administrator
Just needs the club to comment about Wembley allocation and to keep hold of stubs if we win tonight ;)

Otis

Just a had a quick look and it is suggested that a trip to the final at Wembley is worth about £400,000.

That would be a real godsend.

Could have a knock on factor for ST's next year and in merchandise too. Might even bring some NOPM'ers back.

Otis

He's not, but looks like he might be thrown in the way Slade has been talking.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread