Match Thread Coventry v Brighton U21 Match Thread - Tuesday 10th Jan (1 Viewer)

better days

I tend to agree, the team they pick for todays cup tie against MK Dons might give us a few indicators towards their intentions.
If they rest players today I can't see them throwing anyone in on Tuesday.
Brighton made 11 changes yesterday. They still beat MK 2 0
Chris Hughton said his main priority is promotion so if he treats the FA cup like that I doubt he'll want to include first teamers in the Checkatrade
Hughton may not even be aware of the game. He's rarely used young players in his teams anywhere he's been

clint van damme

Brighton made 11 changes yesterday. They still beat MK 2 0
Chris Hughton said his main priority is promotion so if he treats the FA cup like that I doubt he'll want to include first teamers in the Checkatrade
Hughton may not even be aware of the game. He's rarely used young players in his teams anywhere he's been

Wembley here we come!!

georgehudson

So who is available ?
Burge, RCC, Willis or has Fishface shipped him out yet, DKE. Turnbull, Stokes - if fit, Haynes is he aok, Harries - if still being schmoozed by the hub cap stealers,Bigi ( an emergency RB, Rose, Stevenson - if not shipped out by Fishface, Gadzhev, Lameiras, Jones, Reid, Thomas G., Tudgay, Finch, Leahy, Maycock, Shipley,
i guess we'll just have to wait until our football expert (Fisher), tells us more

rexo87

RCC
DKE WILLIS FINCH HAYNES
THOMAS BIGI REILLY LAMEIRAS
BEAVON JONES

if willis not available would go with leahy at CB - believe his loan ends tomorrow.
would give jones and lameiras as they might be quite good against children
left rose out because of previous injury problems
rest tudgay and get beavon valuable game time

shmmeee

Is it the normal manager for them? Don't U21 teams have their own boss? If you can have half a team of first teamers and he first team manager, how exactly is it an U21 team?

Nick

Administrator
Is it the normal manager for them? Don't U21 teams have their own boss? If you can have half a team of first teamers and he first team manager, how exactly is it an U21 team?
Yeah I think West ham had the coach rather than bilic

shmmeee

This is the U23 team for tonight, absences might give us some clues:

Coventry City U23: Addai (GK), Whitmore, Ford, Thompson, Camwell, Maycock, Shipley, Finn, Dev. Kelly-Evans (C), Sayoud, Ponticelli.

Subs: Skuza (GK), Hickman, Bayliss, Stedman, Smith.

This is the game before:

Coventry City: Charles-Cook (GK) (Addai ’45), Whitmore, Finch, Stokes, Leahy, Lawton (Shipley 58’), Maycock, Jones (Spence 70’), Gadzhev (Ponticelli ’64), Lameiras (Sayoud 70’), Dev. Kelly-Evans (C).

ccfchoi87

This is the U23 team for tonight, absences might give us some clues:

Coventry City U23: Addai (GK), Whitmore, Ford, Thompson, Camwell, Maycock, Shipley, Finn, Dev. Kelly-Evans (C), Sayoud, Ponticelli.

Subs: Skuza (GK), Hickman, Bayliss, Stedman, Smith.

This is the game before:

Coventry City: Charles-Cook (GK) (Addai ’45), Whitmore, Finch, Stokes, Leahy, Lawton (Shipley 58’), Maycock, Jones (Spence 70’), Gadzhev (Ponticelli ’64), Lameiras (Sayoud 70’), Dev. Kelly-Evans (C).

Finch, Lawton, stokes, maycock maybe in the squad then

shmmeee

Finch, Lawton, stokes, maycock maybe in the squad then

Doubt Maycock would play twice in two days.

I'm guessing from. The last game: Finch, Stokes, Leahy, Lawton, Jones, Gadzhev, Lamerias will be in the squad.

no_loyalty

Doubt Maycock would play twice in two days.

I'm guessing from. The last game: Finch, Stokes, Leahy, Lawton, Jones, Gadzhev, Lamerias will be in the squad.

Stokes at CB and Haynes at LB?

Otis

Is it possible I wonder for us to ask to have Harries back for the one game?

If not we have no centre backs.

shmmeee

We are what? 3 games into Slades reign? Who the hell is whining they haven't had a chance.

skybluegod

Possibly Lawton and Finch at CB? Lawton has played there before, so not out of the question. Can see it be a high scoring game

Nick

Administrator
Possibly Lawton and Finch at CB? Lawton has played there before, so not out of the question. Can see it be a high scoring game

Turnbull will be about won't he?

From what Slade has said he will be playing a weakened team, not thrilled about that :(

skybluegod

Turnbull will be about won't he?

From what Slade has said he will be playing a weakened team, not thrilled about that :(

Turnbull is suspended.

Yeah this we will see Lamerias, gadzhev, bigi, RCC all start, all the fringe players, and then the youth teamers as well.

Nick

Administrator
Ah forgot about Turnbull being out.

Would have hoped he puts his strongest side out.

shmmeee

Ah forgot about Turnbull being out.

Would have hoped he puts his strongest side out.

From the sounds of it he'll put out his only side.

From what we've seen I'd go for:

Burge
DKE Rose Finch Haynes
Bigi Reilly
Jones Thomas Lamerias
Beavon

S: RCC, Leahy, Lawton, Gadzhev, Reid, Stevenson, Tudgay (7 subs right?)

skybluegod

From the sounds of it he'll put out his only side.

From what we've seen I'd go for:

Burge
DKE Rose Finch Haynes
Bigi Reilly
Jones Thomas Lamerias
Beavon

S: RCC, Leahy, Lawton, Gadzhev, Reid, Stevenson, Tudgay (7 subs right?)

He has already said it will be a different team to Bolton, and that players that haven had a chance will have one. Would expect more changes than that.

Users who are viewing this thread