Coventry v Birmingham matchday thread (1 Viewer)

covkid69

baker was immense tonight....just maybe we have turned that corner we've been on about for a while....great result pusb

ThisManHere

Shocking until we scored but dominated the whole game after that. Fully deserved win.

Baker MOM but honestly thought every player gave 100%.

Question is, was that the 'Shaw Effect" or was it just the players playing for their places? I don't care what it is as long as it continues....

sky_blue_up_north

Great result let hope it give everyone a lift to kick start out season, now for 3 points against Crewe Saturday

RichieGunns

Fantastic game!!! Well done Baker!

Worried about Edj as he was limping for most of extra time. Fingers crossed he's ok for Saturday!

kg82

Baker - bloody hell!! He was excellent, quite possibly his best performance in a Cov shirt. Deserved his goal.

SkyblueCookie

Whens the draw for the next round?! :D

westendunited

Watched the game on tv I know it's only one game but it meant the world to Shaw he never sat down such animation and passion just what we need

cyril

The edge was a beast after half time. Also thought brown played well once they understood each other.
Tbf Birmingham looked like they could rip us a new one until we started pressing the ball as a compact unit. They were almost having to result to hoofball. Fair play for the turnaround shaw.
Just note how cool RS looked incomparison to Clark who looked like a twocer on speed

kg82

Fantastic game!!! Well done Baker!

Worried about Edj as he was limping for most of extra time. Fingers crossed he's ok for Saturday!

It looked like he had cramp as he was stretching it out at the end of normal time. Only to be expected I suppose as he hadn't played 90 minutes for us yet!

Diehard Si

Great all round performance, I think the only player that didn't impress tonight was Ball. But all the rest seemed great. I'd bin Ball off, send him back to Derby and get another target man in.

Special mentions obviously to Baker and the Edge.

I'm determined not to judge Shawsy on one game and declare him my choice as gaffer....

....but christ that felt good!! HE'S THE MESSIAH, AND I SHOULD KNOW, I'VE FOLLOWED A FEW!!

lordsummerisle

Only going by Al Jazeera online, but looked a much better all round game after the shaky start.

Still playing good football, but more direct with it, no pissing about passing between our defence and midfield in little triangles til reaching the half-way line and having no idea what to do then.

Do wish that Murphy would catch the fucking ball though sometimes!

@richh87

IMO this was the players feeling bad that they let Thorn down - and giving their all in his honour.

Cracking performance. Want to see Baker in that role for a few games and not McSheffrey.

devonrich

Only going by Al Jazeera online, but looked a much better all round game after the shaky start.

Still playing good football, but more direct with it, no pissing about passing between our defence and midfield in little triangles til reaching the half-way line and having no idea what to do then.

Do wish that Murphy would catch the fecking ball though sometimes!

Agree about murphy ...

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
ya i was shitting a brick every time a cross went christ murphy really needs to practise on his catching unreal performance from baker he really went at them shaw must stuck few energiser batteries up his arse for the game plus 2 lines of speed he tore into brum!

TheHellion

Well, what an incredible couple of days! Tonight was exactly what was needed after the weekend. The important thing now is to build on this result and the performance, and keep the momentum on our side. I freely admit I did have a flutter in my stomach when it went into extra time, knowing our record for conceding late goals of recent times, and I really thought that perhaps we'd shot it by not wrapping it up in the 90. But all credit to the lads, for going that extra 30 minutes and getting the win. Onwards and upwards? Let's hope so!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Passionate, committed, wanted to play!

Not many times I get to say that!

And Stats show what we can do if we put our minds to it!

"@CovCityFC_LIVE: After 122 minutes: 52% possession for City, with 19 shots (5 on target) and 4 corners #skyblues #pusb" (sorry to copy a tweet, I know it annoys a few posters).

When was the last time we had 19 shots?

First goal - played to feet
Second goal - low, hard cross (albeit via a deflection)
Third goal - persistence!

Safe to say I'm blooming happy tonight!

RichieGunns

Great all round performance, I think the only player that didn't impress tonight was Ball. But all the rest seemed great. I'd bin Ball off, send him back to Derby and get another target man in.

Special mentions obviously to Baker and the Edge.

Ball won us several free kicks in their area after he came on. Give him a chance before sending him back to derby!

Users who are viewing this thread