Coventry University - Covidiots. (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Who has done that?

Well to be fair to lurker....I have excused them....mainly because it was inevitable & I know for a fact I would have been partying if I was 18 or 19.....even more so if I'd just moved to a new place & started uni.

Not sure I 100% qualify as "the left" these days......I'm not too keen on the removal of civil liberties over covid, I voted leave (although not for the tory shit show that followed obvs) & I'm not particularly "woke".

Its all blurred lines innit.

Ring Of Steel

I saw the pics of Johnson's dad in the shops without a mask- gotta give it to the guy, he just doesn't give a single fuck about anyone or anything does he.

Are you supposed to get fined now for that?

Nick

Administrator
If you are going to break rules to have a party at least make it good FFS.

Drill music FFS, knobs. Get some Cascada on and I will back them all 100%.

Nick

Administrator
Compare the 2

OR

The nowadays gimps have nothing compared to the old school. Not a fucking man bag in site and no dancing around like they have shat themselves.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

the left make me laugh on here. all slam the government. they put measures in place but when students flaunt the rules it’s alright. They are young. These are the same people who claim how serious the virus is. pot kettle black again. outrage only happens when it suits. let’s hope the levels in cov dont go up in the next few weeks

I'm not saying it's alright. It was a stupid thing to do. They should have a stern talking to and be reminded how fucking serious this situation is, with a warning that if it's repeated they will be chucked off the course and the maximum fine issued to them. But someone saying how some should be sent to prison is massively over the top. The twats in Trafalgar Sq also need a harsh dose of reality but again I don't think prison is a proportional response.

But it also needs pointing out that there were many saying we have no need to go back,we can do this online, is it safe? etc. They were pretty much ordered to go back and told it's safe. Then are immediately shoved into a situation whereby their movement is massively restricted due to concerns over the virus showing that the assurances and information they were given were complete bullshit. It's not safe, they knew it wasn't and they made them go back anyway because there's loads of people with connections in high places that have heavy investment in the student accommodation sector.

wingy

I'm not saying it's alright. It was a stupid thing to do. They should have a stern talking to and be reminded how fucking serious this situation is, with a warning that if it's repeated they will be chucked off the course and the maximum fine issued to them. But someone saying how some should be sent to prison is massively over the top. The twats in Trafalgar Sq also need a harsh dose of reality but again I don't think prison is a proportional response.

But it also needs pointing out that there were many saying we have no need to go back,we can do this online, is it safe? etc. They were pretty much ordered to go back and told it's safe. Then are immediately shoved into a situation whereby their movement is massively restricted due to concerns over the virus showing that the assurances and information they were given were complete bullshit. It's not safe, they knew it wasn't and they made them go back anyway because there's loads of people with connections in high places that have heavy investment in the student accommodation sector.
It's more than that isn't it .
It's a massive industry ,populated by some large international groups?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You've said it there : they think they're invisible. Thus the rules that are being applied to the population don't really apply to them. They can do as they please and if it means that the country takes an extra 6 months or more to recover to a level where we can function again so be it.
Why don't you blame young people ? Is it because they are young and they need to go out , while the rest of us do as we are asked to do ?

You speak like students are the only ones ignoring the rules. Loads of middle aged people couldn't give a fuck and are just carrying on as normal. Know a few people who are exasperated at the behaviour of their parents who are just carrying on like normal, some of whom due to age and health are actually considered very vulnerable.

So don't make it out that everyone else is doing what we're asked to do and only the young aren't. It's across the spectrum with a few stupid twats in every age group.

chiefdave

This is the issue I have with it. If anyone questioned that the priority of further education was profit rather than education this has proved it beyond any doubt.

Kids being ordered back to university to then find out their courses are entirely online but being threatened with being kicked off the course if they leave accommodation that is supposedly nothing to do with the Unis when there's any issues there. Common sense would tell you anyone whose course is now online is told to stay at home but the property developers wouldn't like that.

Mates daughter is due to head off this weekend for her first year. Despite constantly asking she has no idea if classes will be in person or remote.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I saw the pics of Johnson's dad in the shops without a mask- gotta give it to the guy, he just doesn't give a single fuck about anyone or anything does he.

Are you supposed to get fined now for that?

Young fucking students flouting the rules...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's more than that isn't it .
It's a massive industry ,populated by some large international groups?

Yes indeed.

Arguably the healthcare and education industries are our current growth industries as services industries like shops etc are closing to an online presence. So economy wise it's a vital cog they want to get moving. Coventry as a city is increasingly reliant on it and history will have it as our next 'boom' period after weaving, watchmaking and cycles/cars.

Nick

Administrator
Also, why do the media keep banging on about a "rave".

From the video it looks as if somebody was playing a song on a Bluetooth speaker and everybody was singing along and a few dancing on a ping pong table.

I'd have been fucked if they ever caught me on the bus playing my latest Polyphonic ring tones.

David O'Day

You speak like students are the only ones ignoring the rules. Loads of middle aged people couldn't give a fuck and are just carrying on as normal. Know a few people who are exasperated at the behaviour of their parents who are just carrying on like normal, some of whom due to age and health are actually considered very vulnerable.

So don't make it out that everyone else is doing what we're asked to do and only the young aren't. It's across the spectrum with a few stupid twats in every age group.

Old folk are serial offenders when in comes to restriction ingoring

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How convenient that you " know a few people ...etc ". Utter bullshit, made up to suit whatever you want. Seen lots of videos of older people having lockdown parties ? I'm sure you could concoct one.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Old folk are serial offenders when in comes to restriction ingoring
And of course you have the evidence to prove it . Are you looking for likes ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Young fucking students flouting the rules...
Hadly the same comparing one bloke in a shop without a mask compared to one student party but keep telling yourself the old people are as bad.

TomRad85

And of course you have the evidence to prove it . Are you looking for likes ?
To be fair...
7def6ff57ea2deb0aa00f266f1b2ce1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Yep, only usually pops up to be racist, so it makes a change for him to go all lefty diatribe and leave that be for a change.

Leftists, gays, immigrants, Jews single mothers, all the same innit?
How convenient that you " know a few people ...etc ". Utter bullshit, made up to suit whatever you want. Seen lots of videos of older people having lockdown parties ? I'm sure you could concoct one.

DC55D8D0-8195-4C4B-A193-9056DF6E5193.png

Only extraversion and manual Labour have more of an impact on being unlikely to follow lockdown procedures than being old.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How convenient that you don't.

Fine. A few examples. Sister's neighbour is nearly 90. Going out to the pub once a week with her friends to have dinner, and also going out to hairdressers and garden centre every couple of weeks. Should be staying at home. Friends dad who has recently recovered from cancer is always out the house and refuses to stay in despite constant requests to do so. Thinks the entire thing is being overblown. Neighbours parents visiting different groups of friends and having friends visit them at home for a cup of tea and a chat regularly.

Now, I can understand why at least some of them do so. They live alone, aren't computer savvy in doing video calls and just get a bit lonely. They enjoy other people's company and a chat and it must be a massive strain emotionally to spend so much time alone.

Plus check out the age range from the Trafalgar Square demo. Tell me all of those are students.

Hardly the same comparing one bloke in a shop without a mask compared to one student party but keep telling yourself the old people are as bad.

It's hardly one guy in a mask. Was in Tesco's Cannon Park two days ago. All the young people (I assume students from Warwick) had masks on. Three middle-aged-elderly women (say 60-70) not wearing one. another half dozen or so wearing masks incorrectly not covering the nose. Two workmen getting their lunch no mask.

I'm not exonerating the students, I'm just saying they are far from alone in flouting the rules.

wingy

I love this stuff... I bet if "climate change is real/ false" was plotted that would be a strong correlation too
IDK .
If it was in bar chart from it might be simpler to compare, admittedly you'd need about ten of those and more space.

OffenhamSkyBlue

View attachment 17120

Only extraversion and manual Labour have more of an impact on being unlikely to follow lockdown procedures than being old.
No, @shmmeee ONE lockdown procedure (that of working from home if you can)
When it comes to the collective set of measures, manual labourers comply less well than average on every one. And ethnicity of White (noting the reference point of BAME) comply better with all of them.

(Oh, and Remainers don't wash their hands!)

For my money, i would put more weighting on the green squares, because that relates to the control measure with the highest efficacy, effectiveness and confidence of data - social distancing, which the old do rather well at.

Bear in mind this study was based on a survey of people taken just 8 to 10 days after the start of lockdown - and is it a self-declaration questionnaire?. I'd like to see the same study done NOW and see how far we have come (or not!).

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fine. A few examples. Sister's neighbour is nearly 90. Going out to the pub once a week with her friends to have dinner, and also going out to hairdressers and garden centre every couple of weeks. Should be staying at home. Friends dad who has recently recovered from cancer is always out the house and refuses to stay in despite constant requests to do so. Thinks the entire thing is being overblown. Neighbours parents visiting different groups of friends and having friends visit them at home for a cup of tea and a chat regularly.

Now, I can understand why at least some of them do so. They live alone, aren't computer savvy in doing video calls and just get a bit lonely. They enjoy other people's company and a chat and it must be a massive strain emotionally to spend so much time alone.

Plus check out the age range from the Trafalgar Square demo. Tell me all of those are students.

It's hardly one guy in a mask. Was in Tesco's Cannon Park two days ago. All the young people (I assume students from Warwick) had masks on. Three middle-aged-elderly women (say 60-70) not wearing one. another half dozen or so wearing masks incorrectly not covering the nose. Two workmen getting their lunch no mask.

I'm not exonerating the students, I'm just saying they are far from alone in flouting the rules.
How very convenient .
I was in Tesco , Rugby yesterday . Saw one person who wasnt wearing a mask and they were probably over 60 .
Saw around 12 people under 30 not wearing one .
See where I'm going with this ?
Perhaps all the older people you saw flouting the law were exempt . Perhaps not.
Perhaps we're both conveniently making it up .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

View attachment 17120

Why does it say 2-4 April 2020 at the bottom . Slightly irrelevant then.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Who comes into contact with other people more, those over 65 or those under 40 ?

Users who are viewing this thread