Coventry United (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yup. Playing my local team, Easington Sports -

1644598421979.png

shepardo01

Strange one this.... pretty much all of the players jumped ship as soon as the departure of the previous chairman was announced. Even those that pre-dated said chairman's arrival.
Someone mentioned a 3k p/w playing budget - very big for that level!!... obviously could have damaged club, especially if the chairman was (mis)managing it.
I've known a budget of half that get a team out of that level. (Which is currently at its weakest and most diluted make up)
Players would have had an idea that the club would not go under, and often, in circumstances like this, would play for nothing for a few games to get club through a patch.

Be really interesting to see what side they put out tomorrow and what the process is from here on in.

duffer

Still not sure where this new owner suddenly gets all of his money from.

I know it's a bit rich coming from a CCFC fan after all of our SISU-related shenanigans, but I'm not sure that this will end well...

Grendel

It all started so full of optimism

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe tried to get to big to quickly. Anybody investing in it now must be willing to throw money away, you can’t make money at the top levels let alone in intergalactic 46 or whatever league they play in.

Nick

Administrator
They thought they were billy big bollocks from the start.

The way they bang on you would think they are in the EFL, fuck off.

SlowerThanPlatt

Some crackers in here. Rupert predicting Cov United will overtake CCFC

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Some crackers in here. Rupert predicting Cov United will overtake CCFC

Fuck me - Rupert was convinced they were going to make it wasn’t he…. That’s finest delusion, doesn’t anyone know if Bruce switched teams?

Or have these two silently sidled back to us now we’re in the championship?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On a serious note, teams like these who think they are the Hollwood of non-league are a fucking nightmare. They end up stealing all of your players and then make the league a joke of competitiveness as you can never match them. It can really be quite unfair.

Throughout my uninspiring non-league and semi-pro career, I have hated coming across twats like these, so I welcome their demise.

ccfctommy

Wow. At the time there was a bit of an appetite for this!

CJ_covblaze

On a serious note, teams like these who think they are the Hollwood of non-league are a fucking nightmare. They end up stealing all of your players and then make the league a joke of competitiveness as you can never match them. It can really be quite unfair.

Throughout my uninspiring non-league and semi-pro career, I have hated coming across twats like these, so I welcome their demise.

Pretty much what they've done but have still failed to get promotion for years.

Skybluesince82

I for one am really glad this has all gone wrong. Let’s not forget the original chancers were out to capitalise on a terrible situation CCFC and the fans were in.

what kind of surprises me looking back at the original announcement post from 2013, is how many people were saying they’d go. I guess it’s hard to recall exactly how we all felt back then.

Cov United had no class when they started. They hoovered up ready made junior teams from other clubs, not caring about the impact on those clubs, and did the same with CCFC ladies - even ‘taking’ the trophies and roll of honour CCLFC had won before Cov United were even formed. No thoughts about history or tradition, just fed by ego and selfish ambition.

I know a few people who have played for them over the years. Nice lads but they didn’t give a shit about Cov United. They liked winning things and getting paid. It could have been for Dog and Duck FC or Cov United, it made no difference to them.
It was probably over sensitive of me, but I always took the ‘One Club’ and ‘Your Cov, Your Club’ thing as a dig at CCFC. They weren’t ‘one club’ when it all went sour and when the womens team were struggling. All just empty words and hashtags.

Eventually all the egos, the politics and the bollocks has been the undoing of the club (which is common with fan-led clubs). I feel a bit sorry for the guy taking over. If he’s a successful businessman then he’s got more brains than me, but there’s a famous saying about how do you become a millionaire (answer, buy a football club if you’re a billionaire).
Good luck to him on a personal level, but it’s a whole world of classless, murky, political shit that he’s putting his hard earned cash in to.

CJ_covblaze

Latest news from the Big Top

CJ_covblaze

how is he going afford that
The first thought of you, me and countless others. I’m hearing they may take a relegation so they can share with Copsewood.

CJ_covblaze

I try not to be a football snob but why do they write statements like they’ve got thousands of fans?
Have you not seen their attendances? There are hundreds on each passing train and airliner flying overhead.

LastGarrison

I went and watched Sphinx v Cov United the other week as a mates lad plays for Sphinx.

Sphinx won comfortably, although CU did come back into it second half, and had a couple of decent players especially up front.

Users who are viewing this thread