Coventry Talbot (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

That Birmingham bears decision was just shite - I had a Hillman avenger in Sky Blue - one side had paint the other side mainly rust ! Ran for a year with a burnt valve

Skyblueweeman

Hull call themselves Hull City Tigers...the name they were stopped from using. They use it on official communications although the media/officials etc drop the Tigers bit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

I started learning to drive in a Talbot Sunbeam (no, not the Lotus edition!), until i was lucky enough to get my hands on a beautiful Canley-built Triumph Toledo in saffron. When i sold it, it "listed to starboard" rather a lot, due to the driver's door being made up mostly of filler (aka concrete!!) due to the rust!

But would the crest be an elephant with wiiings?
Maybe we should be called Toro Azzurro Coventry in line with our lower-league status? Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 doesn't mention Red Bull, but is funded entirely by them....

RegTheDonk

This seems to come up regularly. Even the EFL would draw a line at changing a club name to Red Bull so they'd just be sponsors. If they want to pump huge amounts of money in to get the stadium and club I'd quite happily go to the Red Bull arena and watch us play in a slightly different shade of blue in line with what their other clubs wear.
Looking at what they could do for us, I'd be more than happy with having Red Bull sponsors logos on the shirt, the stadium, tatooed on MR's arse - if we kept the name Coventry City.

Filmed a conference a couple of years ago where Mark Gallagher was the guest speaker (was a senior exec in motorsport). I've had to suffer a few of these but this guy was really inspirational: humerous but very humble in his stories and some of the things he was going on about in terms of team building, technology, self-belief, he just seemed to be poles apart from the usual crap you get at these type of events. Proof was in the pudding as he was talking about how they took Jaguar racing who were pretty hopeless and turned them into Red Bull racing and were hugely successul as a F1 team.

Believe they've also done fairly well with Salzberg in the Austiran league, certainly a lot better than our current owners have with us in terms of being in the top league and playing in Europe. IF they ever took CCFC on, with the wedge they could have behind them and their people skills, could be a much brigher future.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I started learning to drive in a Talbot Sunbeam (no, not the Lotus edition!), until i was lucky enough to get my hands on a beautiful Canley-built Triumph Toledo in saffron. When i sold it, it "listed to starboard" rather a lot, due to the driver's door being made up mostly of filler (aka concrete!!) due to the rust!

But would the crest be an elephant with wiiings?
Maybe we should be called Toro Azzurro Coventry in line with our lower-league status? Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 doesn't mention Red Bull, but is funded entirely by them....

Problem being Toro Rosso is literally Red Bull in Italian

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

An elephant sitting on a football. How ridiculous. It'll never catch on. Lord knows what the red bull badge would look like .

CCFCRB2.jpg

Although when we had that stupid new badge I thought "I can do better than that" so mocked one up. Just changed it to RBesque colouring (lighter sugar free blue though)

CCFCRB crest.jpg

Attachments

• CCFCRB.jpg
    CCFCRB.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread