Coventry Evening Telegraph. (5 Viewers)

torchomatic

That's it, Tony. Keep it up.

Defend Wasps? Oh you mean point out SISU's failings and stating the bleeding obvious. Yeah, clearly the same thing...

...if you're a dumbass with your head buried in the sand.

Buster

Too busy to read most of the wasp hate ,ccc hate , cet hate posts on this thread but you guys have got to get over the fact that SISU lost out to wasps and missed the chance to get the stadium . They came out of the shadows and nicked it from under SISU's nose. Coventry are lucky to get a first class rugby team in the city . Why the pointless threads about the success of wasps .

lifeskyblue

I honestly can't see the problem. I support CCFC but didn't go to Northampton because it affected me and my club. I couldn't care less about wasps other than their shrewd business and sisu's ineptitude have combined to consign us to being a less profitable and successful club than we should have been.
I don't see the point in mindlessly slating wasps without coming up with a credible alternative to where we are. No one has on here as far as I can see. Will the same protagonists be peddling the same old lines in 5years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shy_tall_knight

That's a bit rich. You like to "squeal" yourself quite often.

Oh look, you're NOT defending Wasps again...
Don't accuse me of defending WASPS I hate the concept of them being in Coventry but as pointed out but frequently ignored on here, there is little criticism of the shambles that has been SISU's ownership of CCFC by the anti-everyone brigade on here. Conspiracy theories and snipes at WASPS are consistent but rarely having a go at the hedge fund that brought us Sixfields, the Tesco Barrow and the club shop with no kit. Over 8 years of transfer embargoes points deductions, relegation all brought about by external factors plotting against SISU.

Nick

Administrator
Too busy to read most of the wasp hate ,ccc hate , cet hate posts on this thread but you guys have got to get over the fact that SISU lost out to wasps and missed the chance to get the stadium . They came out of the shadows and nicked it from under SISU's nose. Coventry are lucky to get a first class rugby team in the city . Why the pointless threads about the success of wasps .

Because of hypocrites like yourself, that is most annoying thing. Very quick to have a go at City fans for going to Sixfields to watch their team but then can't get to watch Wasps quick enough and not have a bad word said about them.

Brylowes

Don't accuse me of defending WASPS I hate the concept of them being in Coventry but as pointed out but frequently ignored on here, there is little criticism of the shambles that has been SISU's ownership of CCFC by the anti-everyone brigade on here. Conspiracy theories and snipes at WASPS are consistent but rarely having a go at the hedge fund that brought us Sixfields, the Tesco Barrow and the club shop with no kit. Over 8 years of transfer embargoes points deductions, relegation all brought about by external factors plotting against SISU.
Spot on that, couldn't of said it better.

Nick

Administrator

Can you link to the posts where people have said all of those things you have posted have been entirely down to external factors? Or are you making things up?

Surely when people keep saying Wasps have moved, get over it and "it has happened now, we have to move forward" then all of that stuff you mentioned doesn't matter now as it is the past?

chiefdave

as pointed out but frequently ignored on here, there is little criticism of the shambles that has been SISU's ownership of CCFC by the anti-everyone brigade on here. Conspiracy theories and snipes at WASPS are consistent but rarely having a go at the hedge fund that brought us Sixfields, the Tesco Barrow and the club shop with no kit. Over 8 years of transfer embargoes points deductions, relegation all brought about by external factors plotting against SISU.

Probably because when these things get mentioned everyone agrees and nobody starts jumping up and down saying SISU are the greatest businessmen ever and should be admired. However say anything against Wasps and that's exactly what you get.

Anything that could be seen as a negative against Wasps gets mentioned and you have people rushing to their defence.

Buster

Because of hypocrites like yourself, that is most annoying thing. Very quick to have a go at City fans for going to Sixfields to watch their team but then can't get to watch Wasps quick enough and not have a bad word said about them.
Onwards onwards and upwards Nick . Why don't you try and catch a wasps game ,it's a good day out ? You may like it

Nick

Administrator
Onwards onwards and upwards Nick . Why don't you try and catch a wasps game ,it's a good day out ? You may like it

The fact you slated people who went to Sixfields but say things like that says enough really. Another one with a hard-on for morals and ethics when it suits.

I'd have quite happily taken abuse for going in for people who disagreed if they are now saying the same thing about Wasps, some people have stuck to their guns but then there are people like you and Italia.

If I wanted to catch a Rugby game, I'd go and watch Cov play. The same as I would watch CCFC if a Premier League Football team moved here.

shy_tall_knight

Can you link to the posts where people have said all of those things you have posted have been entirely down to external factors? Or are you making things up?

Surely when people keep saying Wasps have moved, get over it and "it has happened now, we have to move forward" then all of that stuff you mentioned doesn't matter now as it is the past?

Confused with that response, SISU are still the present whilst they own us and they are CCFC's biggest problem they are not in the past unfortunately, where in my post did I say people said anything

shy_tall_knight

Probably because when these things get mentioned everyone agrees and nobody starts jumping up and down saying SISU are the greatest businessmen ever and should be admired. However say anything against Wasps and that's exactly what you get.

Anything that could be seen as a negative against Wasps gets mentioned and you have people rushing to their defence.

I don't feel I am defending WASPS when comparing them against SISU but when you support a club (CCFC) and its difficult to get matchday tickets, despite the stadium being half-empty whereas WASPS seem to do it so much better. Thats not supporting WASPS thats stating the bleeding obvious.

Nick

Administrator
Confused with that response, SISU are still the present whilst they own us and they are CCFC's biggest problem they are not in the past unfortunately, where in my post did I say people said anything

So who said the things you listed were down to external factors plotting against SISU?

Nick

Administrator
I don't feel I am defending WASPS when comparing them against SISU but when you support a club (CCFC) and its difficult to get matchday tickets, despite the stadium being half-empty whereas WASPS seem to do it so much better. Thats not supporting WASPS thats stating the bleeding obvious.

If people were slagging off Wasps for not being able to get a matchday ticket then you would have a point. I don't think anybody has?

covmark

Holy fuck. I'd rather pull my own teeth out than mix with you flag waving, franchise loving cunts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Holy fuck. I'd rather pull my own teeth out than mix with you flag waving, franchise loving cunts.

You mean you don't want to go and talk about how bad SISU were for taking us to Northampton and missing the irony completely?

covmark

You mean you don't want to go and talk about how bad SISU were for taking us to Northampton and missing the irony completely?
I try not to comment on the shite Italia and friends post, but sometimes it's impossible to ignore the hypocrisy.

shy_tall_knight

But isn't that the point WASPS are better organised regarding ticketing that there are no complaints whereas we have struggled for certain games. Pointing out that WASPS are better than us at ticketing isn't defending WASPS its highlighting our (CCFC) inadequacies

chiefdave

But isn't that the point WASPS are better organised regarding ticketing that there are no complaints whereas we have struggled for certain games. Pointing out that WASPS are better than us at ticketing isn't defending WASPS its highlighting our (CCFC) inadequacies

The club have acknowledged the problems with ticketing and said they are changing to a new system over the summer. That's why it doesn't need a massive discussion.

shy_tall_knight

So who said the things you listed were down to external factors plotting against SISU?

It was a dig and you and the rest of the anti-brigade who seem reluctant to ever challenge what SISU do and continue not to do. I think the biggest influence on CCFC going forward is what SISU do, but this site is becoming obsessed with the external bodies rather than SISU.

Moff

CCFC need to give the public a full match day experience including football worth watching.
Wasps already provide that so the longer CCFC play low key games in Division 1 the more chance that new fans will go to to Wasps.

You guys keep raking over the past rather than challenge Sisu on their pathetic running of a football club.

If you think this is acceptable from Sisu (by your silence) then you deserve the club you have.

Attacking Wasps, CCC and the CET is just picking on the easy targets.

Who's turn is it to wear the hair shirt tonight?

That is an outrageous comment even for you.

What are you doing about it? What would you have us all do? complain loudly on Sky Blues Talk or something equally as effective.

You come out with this rhetoric but have no viable plan yourself, or are you suggesting we all just go and watch Wasps like you do? or just offer simpering plaudits?

Dont criticise others if you are not bringing something to the table yourself

Moff

ACL does more than just football remember ?

The days of the white elephant and tumbleweed have gone !!

Are you going to keep bringing up the White elephant cliche that was used years ago?

It was probably mentioned as many times as you threatened to flounce off from the sight. I am sure you wouldnt like that to be regularly brought up like you do 'White elephant' and 'smoking gun' so perhaps its time to give them a rest.

shy_tall_knight

Dont criticise others if you are not bringing something to the table yourself[/QUOTE]

But isn't this site full of criticism mostly aimed at mostly non-SISU bodies.

Moff

Dont criticise others if you are not bringing something to the table yourself

But isn't this site full of criticism mostly aimed at mostly non-SISU bodies.[/QUOTE]

No is it bollocks. People slag them off, and there are others who raise issue at other parties they feel have contributed to our sad state, and they get shouted down by the regular bunch of frothy mouthed posters who think they have all the answers and have none, because they have made no difference to SISU being here.

For example what have the likes of you, Italia, Tony brought to the table in getting rid of SISU?

You all shout others down, rattle you sabers and tell everyone what the fuck we should be doing, get rid of SISU, but you all miss the irony that not one of you suggests what we should do or how.

Everyone hates SISU but NO ONE, not anyone on here has a credible idea or suggestion of getting rid of them, but some of you act like frothy mouthed know it alls telling us all what super gold star fans you are in that we should all hate SISU, well we do, but doi you know what its made absoloutely fuck all difference to the ownership of our club.

shy_tall_knight

I'm not sure they all hate SISU or to put it another way I think there are more who hate CCC & WASPS more. Not sure what anyone can do regarding SISU. I didn't go to Sixfields other than to go on Jimmys Hill. Posted some great "SISU Out" pictures from the Statue of Liberty, went on the protest marches, joined the Sky Blue Trust, chatned SISU Out - however all in vain, they only came back to the Ricoh because they knew WASPS were coming.

Whilst there are other bodies which need to be criticised, I think this site has tended to go this way far too much. Unless there is a major change in our form we will be starting our fifth season in Div 3 with hardly any quality permanent players and that aint WASPs or the CET's fault,

Moff

I'm not sure they all hate SISU or to put it another way I think there are more who hate CCC & WASPS more. Not sure what anyone can do regarding SISU. I didn't go to Sixfields other than to go on Jimmys Hill. Posted some great "SISU Out" pictures from the Statue of Liberty, went on the protest marches, joined the Sky Blue Trust, chatned SISU Out - however all in vain, they only came back to the Ricoh because they knew WASPS were coming.

Whilst there are other bodies which need to be criticised, I think this site has tended to go this way far too much. Unless there is a major change in our form we will be starting our fifth season in Div 3 with hardly any quality permanent players and that aint WASPs or the CET's fault,

I think pretty much everyone hate and despise SISU, I just supsect many like me dont think we can make any difference to getting shot of them, and constantly banging on about it on the site has made no difference.

I like others also feel their are other protagonists to blame, with the majority of blame obviously being at SISU's door, and of course all I want is to be shot of SISU. If Wasps followed shortly after I wouldnt say no either.

My ire in the above post wasnt aimed at you personally, more others, named and nameless.

Nick

Administrator
Unless there is a major change in our form we will be starting our fifth season in Div 3 with hardly any quality permanent players and that aint WASPs or the CET's fault,

Who has said it is?

The difference is, people can be blamed for different things which is where some struggle because they just shout SISU OUT for everything. We lose a game because the goalie drops the ball and they go mental, it is all Joy Seppala's fault.

For example, I can't see anybody blaming the council or Higgs because of the ticketing Fiascos? Why would they, it isn't their fault? Who blamed the telegraph for Maddison being sold?

Who has said SISU have never done anything wrong? You will find people on here saying Wasps have done nothing wrong, the council have done nothing wrong but I bet you won't find anybody say the same about SISU.

thewards5579

Do you know how irritating it is when people argue about everything but in reality it's just another hidden attack on Wasps. You have no idea what is going on but everything like this is a battle to be fought in detail. FFS move on, SISU are our problem.
FFS you are our problem make a stand for CCFC or just go away

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

thewards5579

I don't defend Wasps.
I put facts on the table and let the frenzied few try and digest them.

You guys and Sisu need to realise they are here for a good many years to come and concentrate on sorting out our problems and not worry about their successes.
You defend wasps at every opportunity idiot....try and remember each post on every thread..... every comment about CCFC not having the arena you comment on....Question Italian do you think we will beat Southend or will you be too busy suckin up to wasps instead

thewards5579

It was umderhand deal as ( as much as I dislike sisu) the court case will reveal

Nick

Administrator
You defend wasps at every opportunity idiot....try and remember each post on every thread..... every comment about CCFC not having the arena you comment on....Question Italian do you think we will beat Southend or will you be too busy suckin up to wasps instead

I think Southend will beat us

Astute

It was umderhand deal as ( as much as I dislike sisu) the court case will reveal

Like so much has been revealed by previous court cases?

And what do you mean by underhand?

SISU wanted to pay a pittance for the Higgs share. Part of this plan was taking us to Northampton. And as stated by Fisher they were not willing to take on the loan. He even said so once it was known that Wasps had got the arena. So SISU wanted a lot of state aid in order to take the arena over. And all of this has been so obvious in the court cases so far.

It was stated that there was other interest for the arena from a few parties. One of which looks to have been Wasps. That was when the white elephant comments were made. And strangely enough it was made by some of those that now froth at the mouth with their comments against CCC.

Most agree that it is all about income. We need as much as we can get. But the CET are the same. They can't afford to turn down a large part of their revenues because it is Wasps. And now they are seen as a local sporting team (a bloody joke to me) the reporting of them will be seen as news.

I don't buy into the 'SISU are shit but I never have to mention them in a bad way because' comments. Nearly all sides have been as bad as each other. But why should we not be able to comment about those that have caused most of this? We always have some who try to defend those that have put us in this situation.

Richardson. He is the one who started it all off. Yet we have some who try to make out that he is innocent of all charges.

Higgs. Put in this situation by trying to help our club. Castigated by some when wanting most of their money back. The rest of it is up for debate.

SISU. They took over a joke of a set up caused by Richardson. Hardnosed business out to make money. Some welcomed their way of doing things until it all went wrong. Seem to think that they can get what they want through the courts on technicalities even when using underhand tactics themselves.

CCC. Took over the building of the arena once it was obvious that we couldn't raise the money ourselves. Set the rent too high but was agreed by both sides. It was to cover the interest payments on the loan. Did whatever they thought they had to. Maybe not always the right decision. Definitely not when letting Wasps have the arena, although financial matters will have had an impact on this.

CET. Looking after their own interests. Not always done what can be seen as the right thing. But they can't be blamed for our present position.

Wasps. Took full advantage of the position between CCC and SISU. Shouldn't be in Coventry. But they saw the value in the arena and took on the loan SISU wouldn't. They have a good ground for the price of a poor one. And their supporters are left to suffer. But if they manage to pay the bonds off they will become a Coventry sports side over time. I will never go although I do the occasional rugger game.

Users who are viewing this thread