Match Thread Coventry City - Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread - Friday 22nd Dec (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

On reflection I must say that last nights game was enjoyable from start to finish.
Biamou is out of his depth and those that believe he is worth persevering with should look at his contribution to the goals column and that says it all.
I thought the back line stood up doggedly to the task and the midfield had a touch of flare that has been missing with the Kelly/Doyle partnership.
What pleased me most was that the fans stuck with the team at 2-2 and I know it's 4th division football on offer but the cheer at the end was not one of relief but one of a satisfied crowd.
Which team will turn up in the next two away games?

steve82

Cheaper tickets = more fans in the door.

More fans = better atmosphere.

Better atmosphere = more encouragement for the team.

More encouragement for the team = more chance of winning.

Or more realistically....
Cheaper tickets = likely same amount fans in the door, or minor increase but less income overall.

More fans = better atmosphere hopefully or the fans who don't get L2 boo louder and abuse less skilled players.

Better/toxic atmosphere = more encouragement for the team or greater criticism.

More/less encouragement for the team = more chance of winning or losing under heavy criticism.

Irish Sky Blue

Actually on looking at it it was a penalty. It doesn’t matter about theatrics he was pushed. Pushed means foul.
Just putting your hands on a player doesn’t make it a foul. Sounds like you agree with the “I felt a touch so I went down” baloney. Going to ground is, or should be, an involuntary action,from a push or a trip. I think Akinfenwa threw himself down when he felt Willis touch him. No pen in my opinion.

Irish Sky Blue

Or more realistically....
Cheaper tickets = likely same amount fans in the door, or minor increase but less income overall.

More fans = better atmosphere hopefully or the fans who don't get L2 boo louder and abuse less skilled players.

Better/toxic atmosphere = more encouragement for the team or greater criticism.

More/less encouragement for the team = more chance of winning or losing under heavy criticism.
Almost like the argument that it was better to play at Sixfields as the atmosphere was better there than the poisonous one at the Ricoh. (Nonsense of course). I would like to see as many City fans there as possible.

Londonccfcfan

Watching this game makes us realise how important it is we finish in Autos.

I definitely would not want to come up against these in the play offs they frighten the life out of me.

Nick

Administrator

I definitely would not want to come up against these in the play offs they frighten the life out of me.
I'm more scared of an 89th minute goalkeeper error to give them the win, it's ccfc who scare me

steve82

I'm more scared of an 89th minute goalkeeper error to give them the win, it's ccfc who scare me

I think we'd all take 3rd spot to secure promotion that we ideally need at the first attempt but on a personal opinion what a anticlimax it would be.

I want the euphoria of winning the title or promotion at Wembley, I get it comes with risks and a range of emotions over 3rd spot but that feeling would be better, tho the feeling of walking away remaining in L2 would be unbearable.

NortonSkyBlue

I think we'd all take 3rd spot to secure promotion that we ideally need at the first attempt but on a personal opinion what a anticlimax it would be.

I want the euphoria of winning the title or promotion at Wembley, I get it comes with risks and a range of emotions over 3rd spot but that feeling would be better, tho the feeling of walking away remaining in L2 would be unbearable.
No anticlimax here. Just get out of this horrible league and I would be delighted.

Londonccfcfan

I’m not giving the chance of winning this league, Luton have not won this by a long shot. 10 points can be made up, we have them at home. They are due a slip up or two, they get key injuries, their squad will be tested.

And yes I’m completely sober.

But Stevo I see what you mean but cmon couldnt give a crap about anti climax or not. Third place we would all be partying like there’s no tomorrow! Especially after our luck with injuries.

steve82

No anticlimax here. Just get out of this horrible league and I would be delighted.

I’m not giving the chance of winning this league, Luton have not won this by a long shot. 10 points can be made up, we have them at home. They are due a slip up or two, they get key injuries, their squad will be tested.

But Stevo I see what you mean but cmon couldnt give a crap about anti climax or not. Third place we would all be partying like there’s no tomorrow! Especially after our luck with injuries.

It's a lottery of a league your right, Poor standard and even more of a lottery of football over 270 odd minutes to get promotion via the play offs.

3rd place although a relief just disappoints me but promotion is promotion. Maybe it's just me.... I do agree tho this league is not done yet, the top half is so tight, look where we were 2 games ago and slipping away, 2 wins and bang we're right in the mix just off the autos.

Luton look strong but have January to contend with and are a few injuries away from a set back to contend with.

Great_Expectations

I completely agree re Luton. The league is far from over, all it takes is a mini run and we’re top.

And as we haven’t really had our mini run yet; we’re definitely winning the league.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Actually on looking at it it was a penalty. It doesn’t matter about theatrics he was pushed. Pushed means foul.
If pushes were fouls Akinfenwa would not have lasted to half time he could have muscled his way through but had to keep pushing with arms and elbows . I sat right in line no pen . D K E 's was.

Otis

If pushes were fouls Akinfenwa would not have lasted to half time he could have muscled his way through but had to keep pushing with arms and elbows . I sat right in line no pen . D K E 's was.
Akinfenwa one clearly wasn't a penalty. It was ridiculous for him to go over like that, like a child going up to a big rugby flanker and giving him a little push and the flanker falling flat on his face.

It was embarrassing to be honest and Akinfenwa was pushing and pulling all game long.

The contact here was so minimal and his collapse so profound there was only one conclusion the ref could come to.

stevefloyd

His handling was a little suspect but hey we won and got 3 brilliant points, great team effort and on to Port Vale now

Old Warwickshire lad

I can't agree that Wycombe are a poor side, they play to their strengths and with the beast as their focal point you can see why they hurt teams at our level
It wasn't even route 1 football. It was actually proper up and under. the Irish played rugby like that in the 70's and called it "Gary Owen" . It was total shit.

chiefdave

Whenever Burge kicks I always think he's carried it out of the area. Obviously he doesn't as a free kick has never been given, must be something about the way he kicks.

Otis

Whenever Burge kicks I always think he's carried it out of the area. Obviously he doesn't as a free kick has never been given, must be something about the way he kicks.
Funnily enough, Clive Eakin commented on that on Saturday. Said he was coming outside of his area on a number of occasions.

Hope the officials don't spot it if he persists.

Users who are viewing this thread