Match Thread Coventry City - Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread - Friday 22nd Dec (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

Yes but the ref was right there - I think the touch was more like a light pat. - he's a big guy to guy to go down and the ref judged it that way - you didn't see him going down in their box when he was manhandling our players about

steve82

One day scientists are going to open up that cranium of yours and have a peek inside.

Going to be fascinating to see.

I'd imagine it's like a long hall with some useful bits in tho plenty TM memorabilia on the walls with a splash of Jordan Willis photos, 2016/17 captains armband and recently acquired Duckens Nazon signed Haiti flag.

Otis

bollocks, he's got a tiny touch and then threw himself to the floor.
Yup.

Look at the size of him. Anyone honestly believe he can go down like that from the very tiniest of touches?

Clearly dived even if there was contact.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I never understood the big love in for this chap he is a big useless lump and now can add a cheat to it as well

Otis

anyone got s link to the goals?

I'd be happy for our centre halves to face strikers like him for the rest of the season rather than more mobile forwards like Eisa last week.
Yep. The zippy, pacy ones are much more difficult to contend with.

Grendel

Yup.

Look at the size of him. Anyone honestly believe he can go down like that from the very tiniest of touches?

Clearly dived even if there was contact.

Actually on looking at it it was a penalty. It doesn’t matter about theatrics he was pushed. Pushed means foul.

Mcbean

Actually on looking at it it was a penalty. It doesn’t matter about theatrics he was pushed. Pushed means foul.
No Grendel you are wrong as there was twenty billion other pushes on our team that the ref did not blow for

Mcbean

I know someone who works at the Ricoh and they have just been in the dressing rooms to clear up and have found Ainsworth's 10 second prematch tactical team talk.View attachment 8643

Otis the circle needs to be a bit further to B as this would hit Akinfewa on the back of the head - Incidentally i think Burge can monster kick - he has improved no end - put in a great stint last night

covcity4life

Ha ha ha, was you sat at the keyboard waiting to write that. Sorry For the late reply only i was at the game watching the whole 96 minutes and had festivities to continue.

Now down to business... no 4 in all fairness had a very very good game and put in a excellent L2 defensive performance that will be up with one of the best this season. I only hope the scouts were watching as that would of put another 100k easy on his price tag should a bid arrive and be considered.

Now if you was at the game you'd of seen No 4 wasn't trusted to man mark akinfenwa it was given to Rod Mcdonald who did a fine job against such a physical opponent as did the whole back 4 in difficult circumstances where the referee was very inconsistent.

No 4 did a reasonably good job too in open play bar one or two incidents where shall we say Akinfenwa took him with him, not much he could do about that tho in all fairness.

Now No 4 or shall we call him Mr Kipling as you don't like us talking too much about him made a few errors that invited his own troubles slicing a few clearances that caused the odd scramble which akinfenwa put himself in the centre.

Also what the hell happened near the end when akinfenwa did him for pace over 10 yards?

I'll let you watch the highlights first...
This was so last night,delayed bite!
Just poking bit of fun. Alot of your fears just never come to fruition, its fun to point it out. Also ehy u calling him number 4? U have persobal dislile for him? Odd

Watches game online. Was deunk tho fell asleep at 2 nil and woke up with 10 mins left. Will indeed watch highlights!

Otis

Totally disagree.

Applying that logic there would have been about 233 fouls in the game and we would still be playing this morning.

Clearly a dive for me.

Otis

Just poking bit of fun. Alot of your fears just never come to fruition, its fun to point it out. Also ehy u calling him number 4? U have persobal dislile for him? Odd

Watches game online. Was deunk tho fell asleep at 2 nil and woke up with 10 mins left. Will indeed watch highlights!
You missed a great game.

steve82

No 4.... you suggested we talk about Jordan too much? So no 4 or Mr Kipling is all I can call him.

No personal dislike towards him at all as I've said many a time. I like him, applauded him a few times last night and said positive things too.

A impressive L2 performance last night from him in very difficult circumstances to usual weeks.

covcity4life

No 4.... you suggested we talk about Jordan too much? So no 4 or Mr Kipling is all I can call him.

No personal dislike towards him at all as I've said many a time. I like him, applauded him a few times last night and said positive things too.

A impressive L2 performance last night from him in very difficult circumstances to usual weeks.
You only had to say the last bit. And thats why i dont wanna lose him

We must get promoted this season. I dont wanna risk it st all as if we spent 300k imagine they were duds and we ended up missing out etc

I wont push it anymore as get feeling u r losing patience wirh me lol

jimmyhillsfanclub

I broke my own rule yesterday and backed city to win.....Unfortunately part of a treble with Gillingham and Liverpool..... 33/1 shot.....so now I hate Liverpool even more.....If that was possible

steve82

You only had to say the last bit. And thats why i dont wanna lose him

We must get promoted this season. I dont wanna risk it st all as if we spent 300k imagine they were duds and we ended up missing out etc

I wont push it anymore as get feeling u r losing patience wirh me lol

I'm not losing patience with you, if you knew me as a person you'd know it takes a lot for me to even bite.... besides Christmas is upon us so good will to all men oh and the city picked up 6 pts from 6 so far this festive period.

I'm aware of no poster on here who slates him as a player... well maybe one who don't like his pathway to the senior side.

However it's ok to talk about his good and bad moments of games or even to dare think of selling him should MR do so for the good of the squad if all circumstances are right.

I'm not alone in my thoughts and neither are you... bizarrely lol

Skyblueweeman

Otis the circle needs to be a bit further to B as this would hit Akinfewa on the back of the head - Incidentally i think Burge can monster kick - he has improved no end - put in a great stint last night

Apart from that cross he spilled which could’ve cost us the points. If we go up, we defo need a new, better keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Wycombe are the worst footballing side i can remember city playing, pure gash football. Imagine having to watch that shite every week
Fair play to their fans, a lot more turned up than I expected. Must be hard going having to watch that style of play every week.

Users who are viewing this thread