Match Thread Coventry City vs. Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 13th Oct (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Hiwula has put two passes across the box our strikers should be tapping in

Only if the know that’s where he’s intending the ball to go. Which I suspect they have no idea

Nick

Administrator
We need to keep the pressure up second half, will be our luck they will get a goal from a set play.

Need to really go at them down the wings

stupot07

Mixed bag. Both keepers have made decent saves. One really good spell, some poor decisions in the final third.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Look good when all 4 attackers going forward but we must make the right decisions re the runs and when to shoot. If we get one I think it will all click. Hiwula looks confident today and well worth his place.
We have time to play out from back as Mackail-smith and akinfenwa aren’t pressing...but then Doyle drops too deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Wycombe look a very poor side.
We need to work it in from the wings on the floor and a bit more composure around the box.
Currently we're panicking when we get anywhere near their box.

cooperskyblue

Playing well and looking promising. If we just sort out our sharpness there are goals here for us no doubt. Their time wasting has been horrific.

Liking Hiwula, not all his crosses have been good but he has tried things and was unlucky not to score

Grendel

It’s been ok. Hiwula looks more of a wide player than a forward. When bayliss and Thomas run at them from the middle it’s causing issues.

Surely robins can see Doyle’s days are numbered? Kelly if fully fit has to be the option now.

chiefdave

If we were half decent at finishing we’d be out of sight by now.

Odds on a mistake gifting them a 1-0 win?

D

Deleted member 4439

Wycombe are there for the taking. Heaven forbid they score, if so we wont have seen timewasting like it since we last played them.

Grendel

Yep. Agree with this.

Can't now expect Wycombe to play so poorly second half.

We should be 2 goals up.

We’ve only really had two shots that have worked the keeper. It all looks fine but Burge has also had two saves to make.

no_loyalty

Wycombe look they are already playing for a point, hopefully we get an early goal. Hiwula and Thomas have the beating of their full backs every time.

Otis

Wycombe are there for the taking. Heaven forbid they score, if so we wont have seen timewasting like it since we last played them.
Ref is very, very weak today.

Not clamping down on time wasting at all.

Bit of a joke really and their fullback had two throws where he gained at least 10 yards. Brown then stole about 3 or 4 and the ref picked him straight up on it.

Weak referee and Wycombe know it.

Paxman II

JCH has to put in a shift to justify his place and so far he has not. He seems to not be on the thinking of others around him? He's a league 2 player for me. Jordy Hiwula is streets ahead in his reading of the game. At least two of his crosses should have been converted.
Wycombe will frustrate, foul, waste time and hope for a point. We must keep the ball down.

Otis

We’ve only really had two shots that have worked the keeper. It all looks fine but Burge has also had two saves to make.
Three.

Chaplin shot. Clarke-Harris header that the keeper took low down on his goal line and Hiwula''s shot.

We have been by far the most dangerous side. Final ball letting us down and we may suffer because of it.

Great_Expectations

Keep as we are and I think it’ll come. They’ve offered little and have the inevitable one attacking tactic. Plus loads of time wasting.

Hiwula looks good and Thomas has the beating of his man with absolute ease. We need to use them more and hope JCH/Chaplin can capitalise on a chance.

Bayliss is anonymous, but I’m not sure Andreu would offer much more and Kelly is too defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread