Match Thread Coventry City vs. Tranmere Rovers Match Thread - Sunday 13th Oct (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

These are the kind of conditions we tend not to play too well in. Could see a few mistakes and slips on a wet pitch.

Anyone know if the surface is playing quick or the ball getting a bit bogged down?

Still think we'll win as long as we don't play silly buggers and try and be too clever for our own good.

higgs

Surprised Westbrook is back in Kelly only on bench mason dropped aswell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PVA

Looks like O'Hare will be playing further forward, I've been wanting to see that for a few weeks

kg82

I think it’s a good idea to bring Westbrooke back in. I thought we’d look better with him out the side earlier in the season and going forward we probably have. But we looked more solid with Westbrooke so maybe it’s time to try that again and see.

better days

Not sure Mccallum is the right choice
I think Robins sees Mccullum as having a lot of pace and energy to get up and down the pitch and give extra options going forward on the outside
With Jobello out for the season and Kastaneer seeming to lack the fitness to last more than 45 minutes it probably makes sense

higgs

I think Robins sees Mccullum as having a lot of pace and energy to get up and down the pitch and give extra options going forward on the outside
With Jobello out for the season and Kastaneer seeming to lack the fitness to last more than 45 minutes it probably makes sense
Putting him in the shop window with the sky cameras watching?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CCFC72

Glad we have made changes. Not sure on the formation but we will soon see. 3-0 home win, Godden needs a goal. Great kit.

The Reverend Skyblue

Massively off topic, again, but why don't we sings songs based from the SKA era, e.g.The Specials and Selector, obviously changing the words to include the mighty skyblues.
Massive part of the city's recent history and I think would be a great tribute and add to the fans repotoire. I like the the sounds we sing but there are too few. I bet we have great wordsmiths to alter the words but keep the soundtrack.

Sorry if this has been brought up before

Pete in Portugal

I'm a bit surprised that he's dropped Mason in favour of McCallum. In spite of the very obvious error in allowing Taylor to cross for their first goal last week, I thought Mason was one of the few players to come out with any credit. He certainly performed a lot better than Dabo IMO. Maybe Robins wants more height at left back: 6ft 2in McCallum over 5ft 8in Mason.

I'm also surprised that Kelly isn't starting. Maybe he had a bit of a reaction after playing for 90mins against FGR on Tuesday? I thought Westbrooke controlled the mid-field in that game, so if Kelly is only partially fit, he'd be the obvious replacement.

Great_Expectations

Surprised at McCallum over Mason, as while McCallum has certainly improved and is a good player, Mason has been one of the players of the season so far.

Midfield three are technically very good, and with O’Hare offering a different sort of run to Jobello/Kast our passing game (if on song) could really stretch them.

Still confident of a victory.

tigersb

Come on you Skyblues!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread