Match Thread Coventry City vs. Sunderland Match Thread - Sunday 1st Mar (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Well I’ll take that going into halftime. We’ve retreated a lot in the last 20mins. They will come at us in the 2nd half and it will be about the counter attack.

tisza

they press pretty well but it's going to a take a mistake by us if they are going to get back in it.

Ccfcisparks

Good half and what you expect against a team of thugs who don’t let us play and a referee who can’t keep control of the game. They are usually weaker second half, so let’s weather the first 10 minutes and go for the jugular.

Happy_Martian

Has anyone got a vague idea why the ref booked Marosi for his illtimed punch of the ball when he let Flanagan hoof the ball out of the stand after it had gone out of play ? So far, the officials are embarrassing.

shmmeee

Feels like the Rotherham first half except the opposite score line. Need another rocket up their arse at half time.

fernandopartridge

Good half and what you expect against a team of thugs who don’t let us play and a referee who can’t keep control of the game. They are usually weaker second half, so let’s weather the first 10 minutes and go for the jugular.
They've worked really hard first half, they can't press with that intensity for 90. Set pieces aside they've not created anything at all.

Blind-Faith

Poor game , one moment of magic and luckily it went our way. Ref is poor. But if it ends 1-0 then I’ll take poor! Liam kelly is sideways sammy 2.0

Otis

How lucky? they are a set piece team doing nothing at all.

Weve not needed to play we’ve just sat back and still look more dangerous than them

Allen great half
No, I don't think we are lucky.

For me, only Kelly has disappointed so far.

lifeskyblue

Started like a train. Brilliant first few minutes. Sunderland bullying us up front but holding firm ok so far. Could we have had 2 pens...anywhere outside box they would be given. Midfield doing better than Tuesday; Allen makes a difference especially going forward. Godden working harder than I have seen him do before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Penguin

Has anyone got a vague idea why the ref booked Marosi for his illtimed punch of the ball when he let Flanagan hoof the ball out of the stand after it had gone out of play ? So far, the officials are embarrassing.
I can only assume it was for dissent. Seemed Marosi wasn’t pissed off at the decision, though; he seemed to be frustrated with McFadzean

Users who are viewing this thread