Match Thread Coventry City vs. Sunderland Match Thread - Sunday 1st Mar (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Wow.... day has been awesome....loved having a beer at 11am..... loved out classing the mackems.....can anyone pretend to be my Mum and call in sick for me tomorrow

Tommo1993

Nobody was after a comprehensive, fanciful win. What happened today came nicely. On to Ipswich. See you there.

theferret

Great result, matched by the performance. Getting the early goal always meant we'd come under the cosh the longer the game went on. Did they create a clear cut chance though? A couple of players looked a bit leggy towards the end, but it's not surprising. Overall, thoroughly deserved.

Otis

Great result, matched by the performance. Getting the early goal always meant we'd come under the cosh the longer the game went on. Did they create a clear cut chance though? A couple of players looked a bit leggy towards the end, but it's not surprising. Overall, thoroughly deserved.
One clear cut chance I think. Fist half when their defender blazed over.

Liquid Gold

They can cry all the way home now, having a right hissy fit on their forum. We didn't play our usual game and they weren't expecting the physicality. Just let the back 5 dominate their attackers and gave them absolutely nothing. We're in dreamland.

Pompey - won 9 in a row - 3 points
Rotherham - Unbeaten in forever - 1 point
Sunderland - Unbeaten in forever - 3 points

This league is ours.

rockdude101

I thought Sunderland were quite poor, long ball team without any real quality and a manager who loves whinging. We were only uncomfortable by our own mistakes and unfortunate missed chances. The run continues and that's what will get us over the line, keep on building that inevitably of a goal, of a point, of a win and we'll roll our way to the title. Very nice of Rotherham and Wycombe to hand us a cushion yesterday, ta.

David O'Day

I thought Sunderland were quite poor, long ball team without any real quality and a manager who loves whinging. We were only uncomfortable by our own mistakes and unfortunate missed chances. The run continues and that's what will get us over the line, keep on building that inevitably of a goal, of a point, of a win and we'll roll our way to the title. Very nice of Rotherham and Wycombe to hand us a cushion yesterday, ta.
Sunderland were gash, their had to.watch that them go back to Sunderland unlucky you tramps

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

They had more possession...butapart from offside goal never worked Marosi. We had far better chances...can’t believe Godden didn’t hit target. Allen superb...in fact all had good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

I didn't think we were poor. Just how threatening were Sunderland really?

Marosi had a quiet day.

We were not poor by any stretch, only the usual crew “armchair analysts” who expect us to pass people off the pitch every game would think that.

They are a team of monsters who batter the opposition into submission- we scored, defended like lions and also had chances to put more past them. They missed some chances but they missed them because they weren’t good enough to score, we were good enough to score, we are better than them.

We played a different game but a poor game? Never, it was effective and got the job done- we played like giants today, every single one of them.

Skybluefaz

Bit harsh, I thought they tried to play in a similar way to us for the most part but they have inferior personnel. They did go longer quicker. Wyke is a lump, if they had a bit more guile like Godden they'd be better off. Fuck em though. It's about us, powerful defensive display. Get in

Ring Of Steel

they are a horrible team and expected to batter us, they couldn’t, we were better than them.

Monners

Good second half. Deserved the win. They pressed us in the first half and we gave the ball away. We are going up kids!

Users who are viewing this thread