Match Thread Coventry City vs. Shrewsbury Town Match Thread - Sunday 28th Apr (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Need a 5-0 here. Time to get creative.

Burge
Willis Davies Hyam
Kelly
Thomas Bright Chaplin Hiwula
Baka Ponticelli
We tried something similar against Southamton once upon a time and it didn’t prove very successful

mark82

I've noticed the obsession is usually from people who probably haven't ever seen him and rely on the hype from a few years ago.

I've seen him many times and I still think he has a chance. Probably the best natural finisher we have at the club. Still wouldn't play him today though.

He needed the loan to work out and was very unlucky with injury. Needs a pre-season and see where he is next year.

If we were to try someone out, I'd give Bremang a chance.

Nick

Administrator
I've seen him many times and I still think he has a chance. Probably the best natural finisher we have at the club. Still wouldn't play him today though.

He needed the loan to work out and was very unlucky with injury. Needs a pre-season and see where he is next year.

It's more his positioning and where he fits in.

Does he play number 10 or the main striker?

fernandopartridge

How do you know he's the best natural finisher? Do you watch reserve matches?

ccfcchris

Given both the goings on off the pitch and the fact that it was their first season back in League One, Coventry have done very well this campaign. Mark Robins’ men have played good football, have often hurt even the best teams in the division and look set for a very respectable top-ten finish. If some of the problems off the pitch can be resolved over the summer, then Coventry will be primed for a crack at promotion next season.

They may have lost at Fratton Park on Easter Monday, but Coventry performed very well indeed; they put together some neat passing moves, looked a real threat going forward and despite what the score-line suggests, didn’t look bad at the back at all. It looks as though Mark Robins has put together a side of real quality and if they can keep players such as Hiwula, Thomas and maybe even re-sign the exciting Bright Enobakhare on loan again, then the Sky Blues will be in with a shout of getting promoted next season.

As far as this match goes, Coventry will be looking to bounce back, and if recent home efforts are anything to go by, then they could easily do so. They were far too good for Bradford in their last match at Ricoh Arena, while they outplayed Bristol Rovers prior to that.

Like Coventry, Shrewsbury were unlucky to lose last time out, as they somehow lost a lead against the ten men of Oxford. They also lost against Barnsley on Good Friday, though their performance was once again encouraging.

Prior to their trip to Oakwell, where they played well, posting 2.07 expected goals for and conceding 1.11, Shrewsbury beat Gillingham on the road, while they made light work of beating Southend prior to that. Facing Coventry will be tougher, though their overall efforts away from home this season suggest that the Shrews can compete on Saturday afternoon.

From a betting point of view, ‘Both Teams to Score’ stands out as a decent option at the current prices. Coventry’s recent efforts at home suggest that they can hurt the Shrews, who’ve shipped five goals in their last two matches, though their defensive efforts also tell us that the visitors can make offensive headway.

In their last five at home, Coventry have averaged 1.68 expected goals for, while they’ve surrendered an average of 1.57. Shrewsbury have averaged 1.55 in their last five on the road and have conceded an average of 1.4. Such numbers suggest that the chance of both finding the net is slightly greater than the current odds suggest, so a bet on ‘Both Teams to Score’ represents a slice of value.

Coventry vs Shrewsbury Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews

skybluepm2

Excited about today irrespective of yesterday’s results. A Ricoh announcement just prior to kick off would have the place bouncing. Hope we go out and turn on the style like I know we can. 3-1 City; Bright, Thomas and Hyam with an obligatory Burge howler on his last ever home performance.

clint van damme

Well unless I get talked into going to Doncaster next week today will be last game of the season for me and I've really enjoyed it.
Disappointing to go so close and just miss out obviously but I feel Robins is really trying to develop an identity for the club and the team.
If we get some positive news regarding the ground then given time and support from the fans and the owners then I honestly feel he'll be successful.

Was listening to a piece on Norwich on the radio and it was saying that last season many connected with their club were questioning the manager and his methods but he persevered and it's now apparent he was laying the foundations for this season's sucess.
I feel Robins is laying down the foundations for us.

Grendel

How do you know he's the best natural finisher? Do you watch reserve matches?

This is what I don’t get. Another player whose reputation gets enhanced by not actually playing

Fergusons_Beard

6d89d505808af9094ae40d8f286b48c4.jpg

Nice Oggy tribute underneath JH at the Ricoh.

57caf781f10b393ea3522e95ea6ce9fb.jpg

And a great programme as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sbarcher

Let’s see which player waves and who just claps at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread