Match Thread Coventry City vs Rochdale Match Thread - Saturday 1st Sep (3 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

Yep.

Said before that there may be an expectation from Chelsea for us to play him as much as possible, but there wouldn't actually be any concrete agreement in place whereby he has to play.

Of course Chelsea want to see him playing regularly, but at the end of the day it will be down to Mark Robins as to whether he picks him or not.
Dont think Chelsea would be happy if we totally fucked his confidence up by pushing him to hard!

Rasputin

4-4-2
Burge
Grimmer Willis Hyam Mason
Thomas..Baylis...Doyle.....Shipley
...............Andreu....JCH..............

Rochdale can be tricky buggers

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

4-4-2
Burge
Thomas..Baylis...Doyle.....Shipley
...............Andreu....JCH..............

Rochdale can be tricky buggers
Reckon we need to go with JCH and Ponti upfront (unless minor a miracle happens and Kenny Jacket manages to give up CC in time for him to at least get to know the names of his new teammates before Saturday). Can't make it Saturday but have high hopes for some decent commentary on here!!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Cov kid 55

Free or not no way would any manager do a deal like that .The player you get in may well turn out not as good as your own player , you have to play them and your lumbered with them.
Doesn’t it already happen? Liverpool had this system where they fined the club taking their player, if he wasn’t played.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Doesn’t it already happen? Liverpool had this system where they fined the club taking their player, if he wasn’t played.
Don't know if that is the case .Why would any manager be as inane as to do that? You play YOUR best team. Don't do a deal with those sort of conditions A loan has got to be helpful to both side not just the side loaning out the player.

Rasputin

Reckon we need to go with JCH and Ponti upfront (unless minor a miracle happens and Kenny Jacket manages to give up CC in time for him to at least get to know the names of his new teammates before Saturday). Can't make it Saturday but have high hopes for some decent commentary on here!!!

Wrote Ponti, first time but then thought MR just won’t do it.
So I changed it but I agree big man little poacher would be my preference

chiefdave

Free or not no way would any manager do a deal like that .The player you get in may well turn out not as good as your own player , you have to play them and your lumbered with them.
Surely the FL and FA should step in if this kind of thing is going on. How can they maintain the integrity of their competitions if clubs are no longer allowed to play their strongest sides but instead have play selection dictated to them by other clubs.

shmmeee

Wasn't it phrased as money off the loan fee for each game played or was it actually a fine?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Could it be similar to football manager? We pay a % of his wage when he plays or 0, or full wages when he doesn’t?

On the topic of Rochdale - I’ll be serious now

Burge, Grimmer, Hyam, Willis, Mason, Doyle, Ogogo/Andreu, Bayliss, Thomas, JCH, Chaplin

Win 2-1 - JCH and I think Thomas is due one. Does that Ian Henderson still play for them? He usually scores past us

Esoterica

I can see Andreu droppng to the bench , really not sure how how he fits in now Chaplin.
With Doyle being too slow to get up and down consistently he becomes problematic for me in a 2 man central midfield if Andreu gets dropped for Chaplin. Andreu didn't have a great individual game on Saturday but he floats between the lines and was key to linking up the attacks we had. If he swaps Chaplin in, he will play on the last line of defenders and that will leave a huge area for Bayliss to cover on his own, or JCH will have to play deeper and I'm not really sure that suits his strengths. While Chaplin is something we missed in the squad, there are still issues to resolve with what formation we play and the balance of the personnel within that.

Will be interesting to see how MR chooses to do it, and how long it takes him to get it right. Last week's 4-4-2 was a relief but Gillingham's long ball suited it perfectly with Doyle buzzing around picking up the knock downs. I think a team that plays through a more mobile midfield will expose a Doyle/Bayliss pairing, although I'm not sure Rochdale are that opposition.

Covkid1968#

In other news I just found out that possession stats stats in football are just proportion of passes made and nothing to do with how long you have the ball.......mind blown.
Wtf!!!! Seriously??

Esoterica

In other news I just found out that possession stats stats in football are just proportion of passes made and nothing to do with how long you have the ball.......mind blown.
It used to get done chess clock style but it was found to be so subject to human error (normally because that human was also responsible for a bunch of other stuff at the games) that they binned it off in favour of this more accurate method. A minute or 2 of forgetting to press the chess clock vs a missed pass here and there. The latter produces a more accurate statistic. The value of that statistic though is a different debate!

Gibbo

With Doyle being too slow to get up and down consistently he becomes problematic for me in a 2 man central midfield if Andreu gets dropped for Chaplin. Andreu didn't have a great individual game on Saturday but he floats between the lines and was key to linking up the attacks we had. If he swaps Chaplin in, he will play on the last line of defenders and that will leave a huge area for Bayliss to cover on his own, or JCH will have to play deeper and I'm not really sure that suits his strengths. While Chaplin is something we missed in the squad, there are still issues to resolve with what formation we play and the balance of the personnel within that.

Will be interesting to see how MR chooses to do it, and how long it takes him to get it right. Last week's 4-4-2 was a relief but Gillingham's long ball suited it perfectly with Doyle buzzing around picking up the knock downs. I think a team that plays through a more mobile midfield will expose a Doyle/Bayliss pairing, although I'm not sure Rochdale are that opposition.
These are well made points. The only things I would add is do we need Andreu for when we inevitably sell Bayliss. Also regarding Doyle, the logic is Bayliss to the right and Kelly or Ogogo in the middle. Thomas to the bench
Usually I find when people are making suggestions for the team, many of the ideas add up to 13 players.

Sky Blue Pete

These are well made points. The only things I would add is do we need Andreu for when we inevitably sell Bayliss. Also regarding Doyle, the logic is Bayliss to the right and Kelly or Ogogo in the middle. Thomas to the bench
Usually I find when people are making suggestions for the team, many of the ideas add up to 13 players.
That would work

cc84cov

Burge
Bayliss Ogogo Doyle Shipley
Chaplin
JCH

I’m 100% Robins goes with this

covcity4life

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Hyam
Mason
Doyle
Aogogo
Thomas
Andreu
Bayliss
Jch

Would be my team . Chaplin 2nd half sub to ease him in.

Users who are viewing this thread