Match Thread Coventry City vs QPR (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

The difference in the level of attention we get now we're in the Championship is ridiculous. We're on the front page of the BBC Sport website and Dabo, Hammer, O'Hare, Coventry, CCFC and PUSB are all trending on twitter.

First two home games live on Sky too. When has that ever happened in the past? In the prem maybe?

Either way, I’m probably too young to remember!

SeaSeeEffCee

The difference in the level of attention we get now we're in the Championship is ridiculous. We're on the front page of the BBC Sport website and Dabo, Hammer, O'Hare, Coventry, CCFC and PUSB are all trending on twitter.
I was saying that in the post-match. We used to get about 10 minutes round up if that in League One. Now we get a full hour dedicated to talking about the game (not enough for some on here though apparently...)

Mcbean

Yes but Chief we are the only game in town - even the golf is dross - TalkSPORT will be all over the not taking of the knee Rather than the football. BUT

what a great game to watch - I was screaming at the telly jumping up and down like I was there 🏴󠁧- first half was hard work but O hare Godden and Fanky states the triangle game we were all over them PUSB

D

Deleted member 4439

Because I'd had a stream with fake noise on I hadn't quite appreciated the vocal support at the ground when Fadz scored!

Tartan Specials

My only hope for this season was that we didn’t look like we were totally out of place. I think already we have shown we belong and can compete. There will be some tough days and some good hidings but I’m hopeful overall for a decent season
Totally agree. It's crazy times so just enjoy it while we can. QPR are an average Championship team, so to beat them in a fairly comfortable manner bodes well.

D

Deleted member 4439

We're already equal highest scorers in the league, who said we ain't got goals in us???

A one-off, according to QPR fans

"Coventry are not going to set this division alight but from every corner they did their hardest not to score..."

"Will be interesting to see how many other times Coventry score 3 this season|"

"Coventry are a terrible team.."

Samo

"Coventry are not going to set this division alight but from every corner they did their hardest not to score..."

Oh dear me, not great losers are they?

mark82

They're just talking bollocks because they lost though. I doubt their average fan knows much about our team and the way we play. Don't think we'll surprise many managers this year but a lot of opposition fans will be surprised.

That said, we weren't at our best for large parts of the game tonight. We're clearly still getting up to speed a bit.

shmmeee

They're just talking bollocks because they lost though. I doubt their average fan knows much about our team and the way we play. Don't think we'll surprise many managers this year but a lot of opposition fans will be surprised.

That said, we weren't at our best for large parts of the game tonight. We're clearly still getting up to speed a bit.

We seemed nervy first half. Robins saying we need to believe in ourselves as well. Makes me wonder if the two defeats in a week after no losses in 2020 knocked the confidence a bit.

mark82

We seemed nervy first half. Robins saying we need to believe in ourselves as well. Makes me wonder if the two defeats in a week after no losses in 2020 knocked the confidence a bit.

Only natural. Was a bit of a theme in his comments last year too.

Liquid Gold

I can just imagine, having read the comments on here, what a wave of negativity would have been washing down from the stands after the first half performance - up to our equaliser.
Disagree, our support has been behind our players pretty solidly for a couple of years now, you might say to your mate "he's not playing well", "we need to keep hold of the ball" or something like that but the fans get behind the team now.

bringbackrattles

Watched the game in the ThreeHorseshoes pub tonight. Great atmosphere and a great crack. You can get a good bunch in a pub and not as good as being there, but better than nowt.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fuck the knee. That divisive piece of virtue signalling submission has done nothing to solve racism.

We just won our first game in the championship and that's absolutely amazing. 3 goals we scored and I really hope the whole team take confidence tonight. Just wish I was in the stadium, I'm sure the atmosphere would have been incredible.

Barnsley next. We will destroy them.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Discrimination is a global thing affecting many races, many ethnicities, many colours, many human characteristics. BLM and the knee are imported phenomenon from the US emanating from activities in that country.
Yeah even that sounded wrong when I read it back. Fuck it 3-2. I’ll take that any day of the week. PUSB.

Frostie

Am sure a few bitter League 1 fans said similar last season, let them continue underestimating us.

Safe to say Warburton & team appreciated what we can do though. First half they stifled us completely although created nothing tbf.
Really pleasing then that we found a way second half &, in all honesty, played them off the park & should have won more comfortably.

Mr Panda

Typical average fan mentality. No consideration or knowledge around our identity or brand of football, bet the guy who called us a terrible team loves a 4-4-2 and a CB cut from the same cloth as Tom Davies who can lump it up to the big man. Probably shouts "FORWARDDD" atleast 30 times each game.

QPR were absolutely there for the taking in the second half and the same can be said about Bristol City for the first 45 minutes last week. Imperative that we got this win today as it'll hopefully give our players that belief we belong here.

shmmeee

Fuck the knee. That divisive piece of virtue signalling submission has done nothing to solve racism.

We just won our first game in the championship and that's absolutely amazing. 3 goals we scored and I really hope the whole team take confidence tonight. Just wish I was in the stadium, I'm sure the atmosphere would have been incredible.

Barnsley next. We will destroy them.

Submission???? You alright mate?

Users who are viewing this thread