Match Thread Coventry City vs QPR (2 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

If it turns into a token gesture it's a waste of time. Also players shouldn't be forced into something they don't want to do. However I firmly believe in the cause, it's tough cos usually I'd be saying get into schools and talk about it, educate etc. We aren't in a position to do that though. Perhaps clubs should do more anti racist stuff on their social media channels.

Offhegoes

We have more than competed in the first 2 games. Think mid table should be the lowest of our ambitions. Slightly concerned that we looked blunt going forward until QPR scored though. Thought Baka should of come on as they were wide open at the back in the last 20.

Liquid Gold

If it turns into a token gesture it's a waste of time. Also players shouldn't be forced into something they don't want to do. However I firmly believe in the cause, it's tough cos usually I'd be saying get into schools and talk about it, educate etc. We aren't in a position to do that though. Perhaps clubs should do more anti racist stuff on their social media channels.
Robins said they all want to do it at City.

clint van damme

Says it all about the BLM and sky

no, it tells us about the authorities in this country, same as covid, don't give clear direction then blame everyone else when it goes tits up. That's what's going to happen here.

Discrimination is a global thing affecting many races, many ethnicities, many colours, many human characteristics. BLM and the knee are imported phenomenon from the US emanating from activities in that country.

So is McDonalds and plenty of our support take one of them before a game!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Warbuton was right when he said it was like clap for carers.

It has now got to the point where you have pricks like this on sky who don't realise it hasn't actually been happening in games make out it's a disgrace.

Now this silly bitch is back onto QPR.
Was going to respond, but — match thread.

Liquid Gold

And if he wants to, and if the team want to, that's fine. Just ensure it's a free choice, not a pressurised choice.
Which it obviously is, and we didn't do it tonight because 1 team didn't want to. That means People refusing have precedence over those that want to.

Nothing to argue about is there. People just love to lose their shit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah, I agree. The first Coventry goal was tragic defending from QPR. I’d have been livid if Cov had conceded a goal like that. The second goal as well, O Hare shouldn’t have gotten free that easily, but Dabo did well. The third goal was understandable though, good cross and header.

I thought Cov outplayed QPR in the second half, played the best football and made many more chances. I have faith in this team, let’s beat Barnsley next!

First goal, no QPR player had any idea where Gooden was, their LB drifted completely in to mark no one. Second goal, Dabo is penned in by 3 players, and somehow gets past all of them, the cross takes a lucky bounce but their defence is completely open for O’Hare to score.

If we conceded those goals, we’d all be fuming.

Nick

Administrator
Which it obviously is, and we didn't do it tonight because 1 team didn't want to. That means People refusing have precedence over those that want to.

Nothing to argue about is there. People just love to lose their shit.

We haven't done it in any of our games have we?

Macca

My only hope for this season was that we didn’t look like we were totally out of place. I think already we have shown we belong and can compete. There will be some tough days and some good hidings but I’m hopeful overall for a decent season

some lad

First goal, no QPR player had any idea where Gooden was, their LB drifted completely in to mark no one. Second goal, Dabo is penned in by 3 players, and somehow gets past all of them, the cross takes a lucky bounce but their defence is completely open for O’Hare to score.

If we conceded those goals, we’d all be fuming.
Yeah, they seemed to be ball watching, it was so poor. Even as a Coventry fan, I watched it and thought ‘wtf is that defence doing?’.

Marty

Shocking first 40 minutes, looked like a bunch of kids v men, was lucky to get in at 1-1 even though they never really threatened us, took the game too them in the second half and cut through them with ease at times, looked the better team and we troubled them every time we went forward, I think we lack a bit of quality though, our players tend to need a second touch to control a ball, where both Bristol City & QPR don't, just little things we're a bit naive with too, Giles crossing the ball in injury time instead of running into the corner, etc. Still plenty for us to work on but I'll reiterate that we're going to be more then comfortable this season. A bit of luck and maybe one or two real quality loans, we could be outside bet for play offs.

Samo

Emotional outburst Alert:

I fucking love this team, every one of them. And I love my club.
I'm in, win lose or draw.
They have real guts, togetherness, class and ability.
I just can't wait to see them play each game.

Sorry for gushing!

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah, they seemed to be ball watching, it was so poor. Even as a Coventry fan, I watched it and thought ‘wtf is that defence doing?’.

It didn’t really cross my mind at the time because I’m in the moment. Looking at the replays, it was a shambles from their point of view.

QPR carrying on as a defensive liability, 25 games conceding 2 or more goals.

It was clever movement from Godden to be fair, he drifted away without them seeing.

Correct. Equally, no one was even looking where he was, and had no chance of Tracking the run.

jordan210

If we can sort out getting in to our grove in the first half and stop giving away cheap goals. We should have no problems being too Half this season

Users who are viewing this thread