Match Thread Coventry City vs. Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 2nd Oct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This is the difference, they take a shot from there. We try to pass the fucker with no strikers.

The difference is we are hopeless in midfield. There is no tackling ability or strength and passing is poor. If this idiocy of allowing Doyle to pick himself and take every free kick continues it’s an issue. Shipley has been terrible.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our pass completion can’t look too good tonight can it?

Too many not turned up thus far

JCH had our best chance and lacked composure. Andreu anonymous. Shipley frustrating. Sterling struggling since getting booked and Pompey trying their best to draw fouls from him with the potential of s second yellow.

Our passing genuinely feels worse than the 5-a-side kickabout I have each Monday.

City Boy

I'm not being funny, but Shipley has literally either given the ball away every time, or put a pass into an area that puts the receiving player under stupid pressure. I don't care about balance, or other things you all talk of, this is a weekly occurrence.

MatthewWallis

Shipley’s done nothing, Doyle doing shit passes again. Best we can hope for is a 1-1 draw because we can’t score for shit

ccfcway

Half Time. 0-1

More than held our own v league leaders, sucker punch at the end of the half. Go again in 2nd half

Grendel

Our pass completion can’t look too good tonight can it?

Too many not turned up thus far

JCH had our best chance and lacked composure. Andreu anonymous. Shipley frustrating. Sterling struggling since getting booked and Pompey trying their best to draw fouls from him with the potential of s second yellow.

We are the home team and have had one shot due to a defensive accident and that from 20 yards

stupot07

Andreu has been anonymous, tidy player but offers nothing up front with his movement. Their centre backs are having a great time. Like playing with 10 men.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The difference is we are hopeless in midfield. There is no tackling ability or strength and passing is poor. If this idiocy of allowing Doyle to pick himself and take every free kick continues it’s an issue. Shipley has been terrible.

If we’re talking Doyle and Shipley I completely agree. Bayliss had a good half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Andreu has been anonymous, tidy player but offers nothing up front with his movement. Their centre backs are having a great time. Like playing with 10 men.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's baffling how Robins can't see it. JCH might well win a header, their defender just sweeps it up.

Grendel

Small margins, Chaplin scores that Saturday, JCH scores tonight. It'll come. a tough run of games I'd be pleased with 4 points from.

A quarter of the way through the season and having had two goals from our centre forwards in open play is great big margins

cc84cov

Sorry but Shipley has been awful cannot put a pass together goal comes from him giving it Doyle in a awful place where he doesn’t want it...

Andreu equally a waste of tme he doesn’t fit he doesn’t look anywhere near match fit

Hiwula has to come on we can’t play JCH on his own he’s winning his fair share andreu offers nothing frustrating to watch

PVA

We're a newly promoted team playing top of the league who are yet to lose a game.

The levels of expectancy on here are ridiculous and the overreactions when we're not 3 nil up after 30 minutes are even more ridiculous.

We aren't going to win every game. We aren't going to play well every game. Why do so many seem to struggle with this concept?

djr8369

Anyone else think we’re playing pretty well, if a little scruffy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Doyle has been involved in the last 2 goals conceded, he is way behind the pace.

Shipley has been bad for the last few games and Andreu hasn't worked at all ever since the season started.

We don't have anybody making any runs going forward at all, near enough static. Nobody playing off JCH.

Nick

Administrator
We're a newly promoted team playing top of the league who are yet to lose a game.

The levels of expectancy on here are ridiculous and the overreactions when we're not 3 nil up after 30 minutes are even more ridiculous.

We aren't going to win every game. We aren't going to play well every game. Why do so many seem to struggle with this concept?

Where are the over reactions? Expecting footballers to be able to do the basics or test the keeper from a shot isn't really demanding too much.

Nick

Administrator
As disappointing as the score is we've been the better team against an opposition who are to this point undefeated. Think there are a lot of positives in this performance.

There were positives from Sunderland to be fair, Robins has then completely changed the system by trying to put Andreu in.

Obvious to anybody with eyes.

mark82

Doyle has been involved in the last 2 goals conceded, he is way behind the pace.

Shipley has been bad for the last few games and Andreu hasn't worked at all ever since the season started.

We don't have anybody making any runs going forward at all, near enough static. Nobody playing off JCH.

I could see Andreu working better with Chaplin ahead of him. Someone who makes runs. Need to be patient with him after his injury. Same for Jones.if he doesn't fire immediately.

Johnnythespider

A kick in the teeth at the end of the half with neither team really threatening. Will Robins hive Hiwula a chance, i wouldn't put money on it

Grendel

As disappointing as the score is we've been the better team against an opposition who are to this point undefeated. Think there are a lot of positives in this performance.

We’ve been toothless really. It’s hard to say we’ve took the game to them.

Nick

Administrator
I could see Andreu working better with Chaplin ahead of him. Someone who makes runs. Need to be patient with him after his injury. Same for Jones.if he doesn't fire immediately.

He could be fully fit and still not be a striker and play off JCH like he is meant to be doing.

He may work having a free role with a couple of strikers to play through, playing him off a target man hasn't worked all season. Not too sure why it would now.

Evo1883

Boring half to be honest ,JCH needs somebody to work off him , personally felt that was a foul on Doyle that lead to the goal but it’s irrelevant now

mark82

There were positives from Sunderland to be fair, Robins has then completely changed the system by trying to put Andreu in.

Obvious to anybody with eyes.

Semi-forced I guess, but yes, would go with either Hiwula or Bakayoko personally.

Users who are viewing this thread