Match Thread Coventry City vs. Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 11th Feb (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly. 2 good saves by Marosi and they probably should’ve scored at the end. Don’t know what some were watching, but they weren’t a crap side. We ground out a result. Ecstatic with that!

They'll be in the top 6 come the end of the season. As long as we finish higher ;)

Grendel

Co’mon, be a good sport. If you make comments that don’t age well, you’ve gotta learn to take the banter.

Well as I didn’t actually make the comments

Covstu

Great result, battled well, created little but got the result. We had some very tired legs out there but they all worked hard

SeaSeeEffCee

2 points per game takes us up, we just got 3

someone will produce a graph showing that

my god
Surprise surprise, here is super fan yet again to leap on everyone whose posts aren't filled with 100% fawning praise.

For the record if you check my posts from tonight they were largely positive and reflect the game quite well, but of course, you'll just jump on something and run with it as per.

clint van damme

Bolton were fucking gash, these weren't.

They were a Bolton upgrade.
Good at what they so. But what they do isn't football in my book. Fine for the Rochdales of this world.
But as the 2nd best supported club in the league and as a consequence I'd imagine the second best budget I'd want better than that shite if I supported them.

Ring Of Steel

They were fucking gash. Effective maybe. But I'm glad I don't have to pay to watch that shit every week.
Anti football.
This is it. People can bang on about what a good side they are- they are not, they are an “effective” side. They’ll win a lot of games playing that way but it’s horrible, and as soon as they come up against a really solid defence & a side with a bit more guile that can soak up all the long ball stuff they’ll come undone, just like they did tonight.

Grendel

I FUCKING TOLD YOU !

You’re bang-on right....

...sometimes

Portsmouth did their homework and starved the wing backs and clearly had a plan to go with pace in the last half hour

With Burge in goal we’d have lost probably

I was getting irritated with people near me slagging O Hare as he’s a seriously good player at this level and changes games

Brighton Sky Blue

This is it. People can bang on about what a good side they are- they are not, they are an “effective” side. They’ll win a lot of games playing that way but it’s horrible, and as soon as they come up against a really solid defence & a side with a bit more guile that can soak up all the long ball stuff they’ll come undone, just like they did tonight.

Bit odd from Mr 'Results Are All That Counts'

We didn't put on a festival of football tonight either dude

Ring Of Steel

Good at what they so. But what they do isn't football in my book. Fine for the Rochdales of this world.
But as the 2nd best supported club in the league and as a consequence I'd imagine the second best budget I'd want better than that shite if I supported them.

They don’t care. Strong local support and tradition but dog rough and stupid, they’re like Derby with rabies

Brighton Sky Blue

For much of the second half they had us under control and were effective at creating good chances. Not going to labour the point but they're not a shit side

Mucca Mad Boys

Not disagreeing just pointing out the difference.

Personally, I thought Pompey were quite effective at what they do. We found it difficult and the manner of which we scored could’ve been them too. If a team ‘deserved’ to win, it was probably us. V similar game to last season’s 1-0 loss I thought.

As for Bolton, they weren’t as bad as I thought they would be, and some of their results suggests they can up their game for the ‘better’ teams of the division.

Both teams were shithouses.

Grendel

For much of the second half they had us under control and were effective at creating good chances. Not going to labour the point but they're not a shit side

They played a specific game plan and could easily have won

Brighton Sky Blue

Shh don't say that. You'll be accused of not being a real fan unless you say we're the best team in world after every game.

It's just odd that he banged on for hours after the Bolton game about the win mattering more than the performance then he goes calling a team that's won 9 in a row 'effective but crap'

Grendel

Personally, I thought Pompey were quite effective at what they do. We found it difficult and the manner of which we scored could’ve been them too. If a team ‘deserved’ to win, it was probably us. V similar game to last season’s 1-0 loss I thought.

As for Bolton, they weren’t as bad as I thought they would be, and some of their results suggests they can up their game for the ‘better’ teams of the division.

Both teams were shithouses.

Bolton were rubbish

Great_Expectations

They didn’t play good football or look a good team, but based on their league position and form (until tonight!) they are obviously effective. Yet we dealt with it.

It was a scrappy game and we didn’t dominate as we can, but we looked the better team overall and deserved the win.

I was critical of Godden after the Birmingham game, but that was an incredible finish and he seemed to have re-gained his positional sense and movement. He looked good when he came on. If he isn’t fully fit, that impact sub role could be really effective.

McFadzean was brilliant again, on and off the ball. Hyam, Walsh, Bakayoko and Dabo were out other stand outs. Marosi made two fantastic saves.

If I was being critical, I’d say Kelly’s passing was off as was Roses. McCallum also had a poor game and if Giles is as good as hyped then he’s worth a game, as is Mason. Southend might be the game to try one or two slight changes based on form/fitness if MR seems fit.

Absolutely fantastic result and massive credit to the naturally cautious MR for starting with attacking intent (Allen/O’Hare) and continuing that by putting two up front. I’d still get him a taxi though, he’s a bang average manager.

Big game Saturday - but we have to be full of confidence.

Ring Of Steel

It's just odd that he banged on for hours after the Bolton game about the win mattering more than the performance then he goes calling a team that's won 9 in a row 'effective but crap'

Ok lets deal with this crap right off the bat. The Bolton performance was off the back of 2 very good performances, and by and large we play good football, and when we don’t we can still grind out a result. We don’t play like they did tonight.

They play like that every week.

Comprende? Now move along.

Users who are viewing this thread