Match Thread Coventry City vs. Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

TTG

Is anyone still trying to order a taxi for Robins?
he said he wanted one for his loverly friend that wears a Jacket.

AlansEyes

I was thinking I'd take a point from about 60 mins onwards. Was worried Robins was leaving it too late to make a change - turns out I should never doubt him. Lovely nod to Robbie Keane v Arsenal from Godden.

clint van damme

Clean sheet. 3 wins in a row. Jist 2 goals conceded. But mcallum is poor and not trying anymore lol...OK

Tactical change to 2 upfrint. Sub scored. But robins not a tactical manager just paint by numbers

He changed our whole approach tonight. No where near as much playing out from the back, Marosi kicking longer and midfielders not holding on to the ball as long.
He was right to do so, they're a shite anti football outfit but they were aggressive and quick into the tackle and would of no doubt have caught us out.

Grendel

O hare is the best player excluding forwards we’ve had here for years and along with Walsh are a great combination

A great finish by Godden and hopefully he can fire himself up - if fit he should start Saturday

covcity4life

He changed our whole approach tonight. No where near as much playing out from the back, Marosi kicking longer and midfielders not holding on to the ball as long.
He was right to do so, they're a shite anti football outfit but they were aggressive and quick into the tackle and would of no doubt have caught us out.
Think we fared better when played out from back myself but made sense to go direct with 2 upfront. Not that we won that battle lol but 1 long ball led to throw in so it only takes one!

Pitch looked poor as stupot said too

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nobody (I Hope) is a hater we just all want to be better

This has to be one of your BEST posts ever.

giphy.gif

clint van damme

Think we fared better when played out from back myself but made sense to go direct with 2 upfront. Not that we won that battle lol but 1 long ball led to throw in so it only takes one!

Pitch looked poor as stupot said too

We did fare better playing it out but we didn't do it as often as normal. Think it was a smart move.

Cavan O'Doherty

On another note, a massive 3 points. Winning games whilst we aren’t playing that great, sign of a great team. McFadzean and Hyam a toss up for MOTM-solid. It all feels a bit odd this winning business!

Users who are viewing this thread