Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Match Thread Coventry City vs Newcastle United [PL] (H) - CBS Arena - Mon 12 October (8pm KO) (9 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Sky Blue Hero
Joined
May 25, 2022
Messages
6,146
Reaction score
9,457
Feels like it has been ages!

Dunno how this one will go, the lads will be buoyed by the Forest result but think we could have done with a game pretty soon after it instead of waiting 3 weeks for one

Newcastle look hit and miss this season, thought they looked great at Spurs and against Liverpool opening weekend but on the other hand hopeless away at Leeds and fortunate to beat Hull before the break

I will punt on a draw
 
Last edited:
Well we are above them in the xg table so obviously we will win.

Screenshot_20261005_111634_Samsung Browser.webp
 
the 3 week or so break for those internationals is the worry for me. All impetus we had has somewhat drained away. So difficult to assess tbh. Newcastle looking to restart their season too as much as we are looking to take some momentum forward. If they have trained well, injury free and FL has maintained that feeling after the Forest game then we can stride forward with confidence. A packed house and roaring support and we can get the win we need.
 
Is he training again?

I'm looking forward to seeing Wright's return. Think he could really step up to the level.
He was in one of the recent Instagram posts at the training ground with training kit on, but not sure if that's just doing work in the gym
 
  • Like
Reactions: AOM
I think we'd have heard something if Wright was in contention. It seems he is training back they usually say things like 'back on the grass' and other phrases to suggest they are making progress. That said I guess we haven't had press conferences recently.

These games are all hard to predict, they look very difficult on paper. I thought we'd get something against Hull and Brighton so I won't predict a win here. A win would be amazing and really get things moving, a draw would be fine.
 
I’d take a draw here, just gotta keep the pt tally ticking, I expect to see us to show progression and play even better as a team now they’ve had more time to work together
 
Draw would be good but a win would be great and give us some real momentum
 
  • Like
Reactions: AOM
One week to go until real football returns, can’t wait. I reckon we will grind out another three points against Newcastle, going for another close fought 1-0 win with Rudoni scoring the goal.
 
Last edited:
the 3 week or so break for those internationals is the worry for me. All impetus we had has somewhat drained away. So difficult to assess tbh. Newcastle looking to restart their season too as much as we are looking to take some momentum forward. If they have trained well, injury free and FL has maintained that feeling after the Forest game then we can stride forward with confidence. A packed house and roaring support and we can get the win we need.
Impetus/momentum is important but I personally think the international break is a benefit for us, especially having gone into it with the win.

We have showed that we can be competitive at the level and 3 weeks of training with the players now knowing what it's like to play in the league will massively help us out.

It wouldn't surprise me if we came out of the traps absolutely firing this weekend, especially playing after the rest of them with the knowledge of what a win would do to our position. If Fulham and Spurs both get anything at all out of their games we would go bottom again but a win would then probably put us around 14th or 15th.
 
Impetus/momentum is important but I personally think the international break is a benefit for us, especially having gone into it with the win.

We have showed that we can be competitive at the level and 3 weeks of training with the players now knowing what it's like to play in the league will massively help us out.

It wouldn't surprise me if we came out of the traps absolutely firing this weekend, especially playing after the rest of them with the knowledge of what a win would do to our position. If Fulham and Spurs both get anything at all out of their games we would go bottom again but a win would then probably put us around 14th or 15th.
Could be level on points with Ipswich and 2 behind Hull as well. Would really put the cat back amongst the pigeons.
 
I think we'd have heard something if Wright was in contention. It seems he is training back they usually say things like 'back on the grass' and other phrases to suggest they are making progress. That said I guess we haven't had press conferences recently.

These games are all hard to predict, they look very difficult on paper. I thought we'd get something against Hull and Brighton so I won't predict a win here. A win would be amazing and really get things moving, a draw would be fine.
Not necessarily, I think they'd prefer to keep it quiet - I'm hoping we'll see him on the bench.
 
Same team that started against Forest, Rudoni to score in a 1-1 draw
 
Impetus/momentum is important but I personally think the international break is a benefit for us, especially having gone into it with the win.

We have showed that we can be competitive at the level and 3 weeks of training with the players now knowing what it's like to play in the league will massively help us out.

It wouldn't surprise me if we came out of the traps absolutely firing this weekend, especially playing after the rest of them with the knowledge of what a win would do to our position. If Fulham and Spurs both get anything at all out of their games we would go bottom again but a win would then probably put us around 14th or 15th.
Good time to play Newcastle as well. They are far from assured.
 
Good time to play Newcastle as well. They are far from assured.

It's been reported Newcastle will have a full squad to choose from all the injured players have recovered from injuries.
 
Will be interesting if Lampard keeps the winning team from Forest or will he change it up for a home game.
 
Will be interesting if Lampard keeps the winning team from Forest or will he change it up for a home game.
Ive a feeling MVE will come back in
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom