Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (4 Viewers)

CovisGod

Got to Peterborough before it was called off, also had a room booked tonight at the Ricoh that I can't get a refund for. Fucking bastard snow.

clint van damme

fuck me, it's off. Deal with it. No ones been murdered!
Was looking forward to it myself but it's not happening so there we go.
Feel for people from both clubs who have travelled and it should have been called last night but it is what it is.

As for Robins being furious, he might be, then again he might be delighted. He might think that an extra week without a game is just what the players need.

Liquid Gold

Just to clear up any confusion the Swindon game is off due to the weather. We would have made playoffs if we’d played and won today.

ccfchoi87

fuck me, it's off. Deal with it. No ones been murdered!
Was looking forward to it myself but it's not happening so there we go.
Feel for people from both clubs who have travelled and it should have been called last night but it is what it is.

As for Robins being furious, he might be, then again he might be delighted. He might think that an extra week without a game is just what the players need.

Yeah all we need is a further backlog of games. Lincoln are in shit form with players missing. Today was a chance to get one up on our rivals and put some pressure on

Liquid Gold

I’m glad because I got slaughtered last night because I knew the drive wouldn’t be on. I’m prepared for a few very late nights now though.

skyblueelephant76

Watford are offering 50% off tickets to anyone who has a season ticket at any club whose game has been postponed. If anyone lives in that direction and wants to go and watch West Brom lose there's an option for you....

clint van damme

Yeah all we need is a further backlog of games. Lincoln are in shit form with players missing. Today was a chance to get one up on our rivals and put some pressure on

but we would have played 6 games in March and 5 in April now it's vice versa.
I think the fixture list looks kinder moving this to April but it may not pan out that way, we'll see.

Winny the Bish

I don't get the drama around the game being called off. Chill out, pop to the cinema - Black Panther, Game Night & The Greatest Showman are all pretty good - or spend time with family. It's a football game, not the end of the world.

David O'Day

but we would have played 6 games in March and 5 in April now it's vice versa.
I think the fixture list looks kinder moving this to April but it may not pan out that way, we'll see.
It's never good to play more games in the future, plus we have to play Lincoln when they are closer to full strength.

Also no one siad anyone had been murdered, people can rightly question why a game has been called off due to "snow in a stand"

CovisGod

I don't get the drama around the game being called off. Chill out, pop to the cinema - Black Panther, Game Night & The Greatest Showman are all pretty good - or spend time with family. It's a football game, not the end of the world.

Dude I've lost £250 on a hotel room, I won't be able to make the fixture if it's midweek so that's another £30 down the swanny, I had already drove for over an hour before it was called off and now I've got to spend my Saturday that was meant to be celebrating my birthday and having a pint with Big Mo Konjic looking at my fucking Mrs sour face. Not happy

clint van damme

It's never good to play more games in the future, plus we have to play Lincoln when they are closer to full strength.

Also no one siad anyone had been murdered, people can rightly question why a game has been called off due to "snow in a stand"

do you not think players suffer when they put a real shift in in a big game?
We did it against Stoke and MK and I think we suffered for it in the league.
And the players have done it in the last week against Mansfield, (with 10 men), and Wycombe. I think the break will benefit us.

Sky Blue Harry H

They might have more players injured than now - who knows - haven't got a crystal ball - they will have less fans backing them, though and if they have slipped up a bit more before we play them, the game may be irrelevant from their perspective, so they are less up for it. Nobody knows.

Nick

Administrator
Dude I've lost £250 on a hotel room, I won't be able to make the fixture if it's midweek so that's another £30 down the swanny, I had already drove for over an hour before it was called off and now I've got to spend my Saturday that was meant to be celebrating my birthday and having a pint with Big Mo Konjic looking at my fucking Mrs sour face. Not happy

Would think the Ricoh hotel might be able to refund based on the circumstance?

David O'Day

do you not think players suffer when they put a real shift in in a big game?
We did it against Stoke and MK and I think we suffered for it in the league.
And the players have done it in the last week against Mansfield, (with 10 men), and Wycombe. I think the break will benefit us.
But they will have played more games later on in there season and we were playing a weakened challenger today.

David O'Day

They might have more players injured than now - who knows - haven't got a crystal ball - they will have less fans backing them, though and if they have slipped up a bit more before we play them, the game may be irrelevant from their perspective, so they are less up for it. Nobody knows.
Common sense mate, there is a reason the Lincoln fans are happy today

Otis

Or the 187 miles from Grimsby to Carlisle.

Can't imagine the snow is very good up there.
It is okay though and lucky that the Millwall v Sunderland local London derby is on.

All Sunderland fans need to do is just cross the street and they're there.

Winny the Bish

I was more thinking about the local City fans who are apoplectic. Hope you can recoup some of the money.

Esoterica

It's a laughable decision to call it off at this point for a few cm of snow around. Nothing stops out here, in far worse conditions, and if you choose to go out in it, it's your own risk. Play the game and if people have bought tickets who can't or feel they shouldn't travel, offer them a free ticket for another game.

Nick

Administrator

That's something that could be sorted by the time the ground opens at 1.30PM though.

Fair play to Mark and Volunteers though, did they put something out asking for help? I'd have gone down if I had known it was needed and I am sure loads more would and had it cleared.

Sick Boy

£250?! Is that just for yourself?!!

David O'Day

That's something that could be sorted by the time the ground opens at 1.30PM though.

Fair play to Mark and Volunteers though, did they put something out asking for help? I'd have gone down if I had known it was needed and I am sure loads more would and had it cleared.
that it? Wow

Users who are viewing this thread