Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (1 Viewer)

Marty

Is there segregation in the bar area behind the north stand?

From the North to the east their is a metal shutter that can be used, not sure on going into the west stand but presume it'll be the same.

Modcons86

From the North to the east their is a metal shutter that can be used, not sure on going into the west stand but presume it'll be the same.
Ah right i wasnt sure, in that case im clueless here. Last thing i wanted was it being called off

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

LCFC announcement of 'unsure' was based on information provided to them by CCFC.

The only way the Imps could have pushed for a postponement is if they made a representation to the EFL and the EFL in turn instructed CCFC accordingly, there is absolutely no evidence that happened and certainly the EFL did not intervene.

The decision was entirely that of the stadium licencee, who's chopper is personally on the block.

Sorry, I don't buy this at all.

Everyone knew this weather was coming and the repeated message was that the game would be on. Why change that now at the last minute?

The roads are clear, the stadium area is clear, the pitch is clear, but there is a bit of snow in the stand that needs to be cleared so the game is off? Come on now.

The message sent out from Lincoln didn't need to be an official plee to the FL, it just needed to cause uncertainty and worry about the game. It worked.

Judging by the way some of your fans are reacting, it says enough to me that this was a desirable outcome for you.

stupot07

Both wolves and villa only postponed this morning too.

Check out @Wolves’s Tweet:

Check out @AVFCOfficial’s Tweet:

I'll leave you too your meltdowns and get on with my alternative plans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Beneficial in which way? What is going to suddenly change in a week that hasn't in the whole season? I'd much rather we played after training all week for it, surely it would have been focused on Lincoln anyway?

So would I, but we aren't, so trying to be positive, unlike others...

Nick

Administrator

Even my meltdown wont get the game on :(

giphy.gif

Otis

Bad timing this, dont fancy more unwanted midweek fixtures or break in momentum. Just been up tesco and looks clear everywhere. Didnt come down that much overnight did it?
Didn't come down at all. Not a flake.

I was up at 10pm. Let the dog out at 2am and then woke up at 4 and looked and again at 5.30 (cricket was on) and there was nothing.

I had walked in the garden and the same perfect shoe print was still there.

Was nothing overnight.

David O'Day

And maybe the conditions in Brum and Dingleland are different to whatthey are in Coventry?

Modcons86

I was up at 10pm. Let the dog out at 2am and then woke up at 4 and looked and again at 5.30 (cricket was on) and there was nothing.

Was nothing overnight.
So they had from pretty much 2pm yesterday to get to work to clear allegedly 1 stand? And no snow added since evening time yesterday.. cant get my head round that

Otis

Good job all these are local derbies and no away fans need to travel.

Bournemouth fans should be able to make the very short walk to the King Power in about 4 mins.

Stoke to Southampton? No distance at all!

Screenshot_2018-03-03-11-38-21.png

Nick

Administrator
So they had from pretty much 2pm yesterday to get to work to clear allegedly 1 stand? And no snow added since evening time yesterday.. cant get my head round that

From what I can see people were clearing the stands yesterday too.

bringbackrattles

Was nothing overnight.
Sounds like you are giving a police statement Otis. Honestly officer I'm innocent !

stupot07

Was nothing overnight.
We had it all night in Nuneaton, I went to bed at 1am and it was still snowing. My road is completely covered in snow.

Otis

Sounds like you are giving a police statement Otis. Honestly officer I'm innocent !
Ha!

Just one of those nights. I got up twice to go to the toilet and for some reason the dog couldn't settle and was whimpering all night.

Hardly got a wink of sleep.

And my daughter and wife can corroborate that, officer.

Rusty Trombone

I hope your plans don't involve walking or driving anywhere.:angelic:

Ricketts

Was nothing overnight.

I'm suprised you put on your perfect shoes to let the dog out at 2am.

I would've just stuck a pair of old boots on, especially in the snow.

Otis

We had it all night in Nuneaton, I went to bed at 1am and it was still snowing. My road is completely covered in snow.

I am 5 mins drive to the Ricoh (a lot longer walking as I have to walk around unless I walk on the A444 verge.

There was no snow at all after about 7.30pm.

Ricoh looks fine this morning from the pics.

clint van damme

In football terms i think this will benefit us.
Just come off of the back of two hard away games, one of which we had 10 men for 75 minutes. Several players carrying niggles.
Big day out for Lincoln as well by the sound of it so the fanfare around the game and the number of travelling supporters will be less for a mid week games.
I'm quite happy with it to be honest.

stupot07

and the game isn't in nuneaton Stu
But people are travel from all over. How many of our fans live in cv6? It goes back to if cv6 is fine, everywhere is fine therefore its safe to travel.

I'm leaving you to it, neither of us are gaining anything by this. They aren't going to suddenly change the decision because people aren't happy.

Otis

But people are travel from all over. How many of our fans live in cv6?

And no-one has considered the Stoke fans travelling to Southampton and the Bournemouth fans travelling to Leicester?

Some very large distances to travel there.

Modcons86

In football terms i think this will benefit us.
Just come off of the back of two hard away games, one of which we had 10 men for 75 minutes. Several players carrying niggles.
Big day out for Lincoln as well by the sound of it so the fanfare around the game and the number of travelling supporters will be less for a mid week games.
I'm quite happy with it to be honest.
Think id have rather it been job done with the teams around us playing midweek whilst city rest.

David O'Day

But people are travel from all over. How many of our fans live in cv6?

So by that argument if there is snow anywhere the game should be called off just case someone is travelling from there?

It's a good job it's only a 2 minute drive from Huddersfield to Wembley or that game would be off as well.

Listen to yourself Stu

Nick

Administrator
And no-one has considered the Stoke fans travelling to Southampton and the Bournemouth fans travelling to Leicester?

Or the 187 miles from Grimsby to Carlisle.

Can't imagine the snow is very good up there.

Modcons86

I am 5 mins drive to the Ricoh (a lot longer walking as I have to walk around unless I walk on the A444 verge.

There was no snow at all after about 7.30pm.

Ricoh looks fine this morning from the pics.
windmill road/longford road end is fine also.

David O'Day

Stu doesn't get that roads are clear in Coventry and are also clear from Lincoln to coventry.

But hey isn't 3 foot deap somewhere in the world so lets call the game off

Users who are viewing this thread