Match Thread Coventry City vs Grimsby Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Mar (3 Viewers)

tigersb

Great result today
Good results elsewhere too

wingy

Got the train up from London. Met my brother and his daughter for McDonalds before the match, twisted my ankle in a pothole in the car park so ended up going to A&E to get it looked at. Missed whole match.

Now on a train home to London with a badly sprained ankle that I need to rest up. :dead:

That’s bad luck there son!

Skyblueweeman

We play the way we do as you just cannot play football on that pitch when the game is tight. We played the ball around more when we were comfortably ahead but because players had more time. I'm not really sure why anybody is bothered about champagne performances, it's about winning and we did comfortably.

Spot on.

Points are all that matter at this stage of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Dennis Mortitmer has got a strange accent.
Born in Liverpool but sounds a bit Lancs .
Guy on the radio reckons we should have signed Mcsheffrey .

Skyblueweeman

Got the train up from London. Met my brother and his daughter for McDonalds before the match, twisted my ankle in a pothole in the car park so ended up going to A&E to get it looked at. Missed whole match.

Now on a train home to London with a badly sprained ankle that I need to rest up. :dead:

A car park at the Ricoh? Sue the backside of the stadium owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbo

I have to agree. I think it was probably the worst performance I have ever seen in a Sky Blue shirt. Lost possession countless times. Kept trying to put it in his own net. If he isn't publicaly executed before the next home game in the family zone I will be asking for my money back on my season ticket.
When is the next home game in the family zone? Is it crazy football?

Hobo

A great result and this team/squad are coming together now. But, at times we still need a little bit more composure.

Next game, focus, no further than that.

Brighton Sky Blue

There was almost a training game intensity in the second half, didn't need to get out of 2nd gear. Burge was suicidal on multiple occasions and would have cost goals against better opposition. If Robins is trying to decide between them O'Brien has to start from now on.

Ashdown

Now on a train home to London with a badly sprained ankle that I need to rest up. :dead:[/QUOTE should have gone to Specsavers ??

Sky Blue Pete

There was almost a training game intensity in the second half, didn't need to get out of 2nd gear. Burge was suicidal on multiple occasions and would have cost goals against better opposition. If Robins is trying to decide between them O'Brien has to start from now on.
Mmmmm really??

covmark

Get in from work to see this fantastic result. Superb stuff. We seem to be edging our way into the automatic promotion hunt. The recent good form is excellent timing and hopefully we can carry it on till the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Not even sticking up for Burge there just stating fact that a reasonably respected professional football manager is a better judge of player than Brighton sky blue or maybe even you

I’ve consistently said his and the fans obsession with Biamou and preferring him over Nazon and even at the start clarke - Harris will cost us promotion

We shall see

SlowerThanPlatt

Outstanding performance from Doyle. Him and Bayliss work so well in the middle.

Tried the long diagonal to JCH a few times then finally paid off for McNulty’s first

Sky Blue Pete

Also absoluteky happy to pick out issue with certain players performance but not to do a blanket he’s shit or he’s great without backing it up with evidence.

How would you respond about jch if he’s gone to robins and told him he’s f’in joke taking him off? Good team player, still a good influence? Or would that be a part of his performance you’d turn a blind eye too.

Too often you have decided your opinion and fit wha you see to those prejudices. To be fair probably like many

Sky Blue Pete

I’ve consistently said his and the fans obsession with Biamou and preferring him over Nazon and even at the start clarke - Harris will cost us promotion

We shall see
What obsession? The only obsession is your negativity towards him and anything he did and does

Brighton Sky Blue

Mmmmm really??

Every game from Burge we can expect an insane run out of goal, poor distribution or some other cock up. Today alone he rolled the ball to their forward, did a trademark moment of madness and ran into Hyam on his way back to goal.

O'Brien isn't miles better but you can at least count on there not being a howler a week.

Users who are viewing this thread