Match Thread Coventry City vs. Fleetwood Town Match Thread - Wednesday 23rd Oct (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

he hardly played in the last quarter of our promotion season and created a penalty - are you his brother? I assume you come home every game from abroad then?

It may have escaped your attention my friend Grendel - understandable I guess as you seem to spend 95% of your time happily slating our players - but there is a new thing called ifollow. That's how I watch games.

'Are you his brother?' As someone suggested earlier - Grendel bingo (when you are in a spot of bother all of the classics come out don't they).

robbiekeane

yes and I’ll take it any time but honestly this is a joke situation - come winter if we don’t keep scrambling wind attendances will get even lower

the club is on life support and it’s to me a far bigger issue
So what’s your solution given all of the facts?

pipkin73

I'm pissed so this could be complete tosh. To me we competed (2nd half), we had to lose the first half too force MR to change. MR won't change after 10 games as proved by past results. The season we went up he changed eventually. (i think he just hopes all the work pays off, but we ARE better than other teams so when he gives in we do well. Without his training the new system it won't work, bu they are better players for it).

pipkin73

I'm pissed so this could be complete tosh. To me we competed (2nd half), we had to lose the first half too force MR to change. MR won't change after 10 games as proved by past results. The season we went up he changed eventually. (i think he just hopes all the work pays off, but we ARE better than other teams so when he gives in we do well. Without his training the new system it won't work, bu they are better players for it).
but it's old systems that work once the players are skilled up on the new one. Don't ask me why

Covstu

We were dire at MK. They were shit and we had one chance which was the penalty and Hiwula flapped it.

To have that many chances at tranmere and not come away with any points is terrible. Shit finishing with that many chances means a shit performance for me.
Players missed penalties, Westbroke’s wasn’t much better last night but it went in, these things happen.

Covstu

Very happy that Robbins changed things at half time...... actually quite surprised as he normally a bit stubborn.

Anyway, we MUST play O’Hare in the middle. He’s not a winger but great in the middle / number 10.

Max and Kelly fantastic. McCallum also looked good.
Kelly and O’Hare definitely provided better balance. Felt our front two needed to drop back more especially in the 1st half, when the midfield picked up the ball they were unavailable, get one to drop further back to link the play up more. Max did that more in the second half and looked like he was on a mission

Sky Blue Harry H

There's a bloke who sits behind me at St Andrews and from minute one to the end he does nothing but moan. According to him we have only two decent players, O'Hare and Hyam, the rest are crap and Robins is crap too. At half time he was prepared to give him one more game to put things right. I actually think he wants things to go wrong for us as it gives him the chance to moan and let everyone else know where we are going wrong. That is so much like a lot of posters on here. The one thing I would say about TBWSBM is that he is always there.
I have a feeling that a lot of the posters on the match day threads on here are sat at home watching on Ifollow. No problem if you are abroad or another part of the country but a bit sad if you are local but can't be bothered to make the effort to get to St Andrews. All the insights into replays that show offsides or penalties are obviously not available if you are actually at the game. A few more bums on hard plastic seats rather than comfy sofas might give MR a bit more cash to spend.
Like TBWSBM, I thing a lot of posters on here can't wait for things to go wrong so that they can get stuck into MR and certain players. It took longer than I thought it would but on this thread we have the first suggestions that Robins should go. There really are some idiots who watch both at St Andrews and who post on here.
I think you must sit just two rows in front of me (Block 28, near half way line?) The bloke sits right in front of me and drives me mad, but has a young female relative two to the left who is clearly aware of how he sounds and is clearly awkward on his behalf. I try not to get annoyed, but find myself making overly positive comments whenever he makes negative ones!

Grendel

It may have escaped your attention my friend Grendel - understandable I guess as you seem to spend 95% of your time happily slating our players - but there is a new thing called ifollow. That's how I watch games.

'Are you his brother?' As someone suggested earlier - Grendel bingo (when you are in a spot of bother all of the classics come out don't they).

How am I in a spot of bother? You should rename yourself Oliver Cromwell

Irish Sky Blue

Tranmere we didn't play badly and we should've won. Been pretty abject the past few other than that. The team clearly have potential so if they are not fulfilling that at times then people will get frustrated.
The only games we have deserved to lose in the last four were Rotherham and, being fair to Fleetwood, last night.The reaction of some posters on here is way over the top. I think Robins is a great manager for us and doesn’t deserve the flack he gets, however I didn’t think his half time changes were working particularly well last night. Our equaliser was really out of the blue. The goal itself seemed to give the team the confidence that they had been lacking. I have been wanting Biamou to be given a chance to show whether he can perform at this level. I was willing him to do well as were the crowd. While he ran himself ragged, his touch was way off on several occasions. He needs game time to get up to speed
I would have had Kelly back after the Rotherham game. He made a difference in that match and he certainly made a difference last night, being a calming and organising influence. I would also have had Biamou starting instead of Bakayoko. I can see now why Robins has held off starting Max (clearly not match fit).I am sure he has had valid reasons for not starting Kelly.
I don’t think Robins was an idiot before half time and I don’t think his changes for the second half show him to be a tactical genius. Some on here need a sense of perspective.

Irish Sky Blue

Well said. Embarrassing this everything was great before. It was awful.
Did you see the Tranmere and MK games? Against Tranmere we played them off the field,should have had a penalty, should have won by a hatful. The performance was great, we were really unlucky to lose. Against MK we didn’t play well but still managed to dominate the game, missed chances, missed a penalty and should have had a second penalty given. Last night we played poorly and rode our luck in the first half. Even in this game,we went behind to an early goal that seems to have been way offside, an event that clearly had a negative influence on a team already lacking in confidence. Another seemingly valid penalty claim turned down. You make no allowance for these happenings and the effect on our performance. We still had the courage and tenacity to keep going and turn a poor performance into a win.
I read the match thread when I got in last night. You are on several times having a go at Robins, making a suggestion that after two years his time is up. Apart from totally disagreeing with everything you said last night, I don’t understand how you have the time to not only post so much during a live game, but also post in response to what others are saying, obviously reading the thread as it developed. Now, I don’t know about you, but as soon as our games start,I am totally involved in the game metaphorically kicking and heading every ball, most of the crowd around me are doing the same. I wouldn’t have the ability or the desire to follow and respond to something on here while we are playing. You,on the other hand, are able to watch the match, read posts, write posts and still analyse the play to the extent that you are able to see that Robins is a tactical idiot and that at least half his players are rubbish. I don’t know how you do it, incidentally, were you actually at the game last night?

Irish Sky Blue

We were dire at MK. They were shit and we had one chance which was the penalty and Hiwula flapped it.

To have that many chances at tranmere and not come away with any points is terrible. Shit finishing with that many chances means a shit performance for me.
O’Hare through on goal, Bakayoko misplaced header, Shipley shot from free kick, Hiwula missed penalty, Westbrook shot wide from good position, penalty not given when Walsh was pushed in the back. Just some of the chances from MK I can think of from the top of my head. I am sure there were others.

Irish Sky Blue

I think you must sit just two rows in front of me (Block 28, near half way line?) The bloke sits right in front of me and drives me mad, but has a young female relative two to the left who is clearly aware of how he sounds and is clearly awkward on his behalf. I try not to get annoyed, but find myself making overly positive comments whenever he makes negative ones!
I sit right on the half way line in row 14 so it probably is the same bloke. He drives me mad! Why go if you think we are so dire?

Grendel

O’Hare through on goal, Bakayoko misplaced header, Shipley shot from free kick, Hiwula missed penalty, Westbrook shot wide from good position, penalty not given when Walsh was pushed in the back. Just some of the chances from MK I can think of from the top of my head. I am sure there were others.

Every fan can have a sob story the fact is it was 1 point in 6

Irish Sky Blue

Every fan can have a sob story the fact is it was 1 point in 6
It’s also a fact that we weren’t as dire as some would have you believe. Last night was probably the worst home performance of the season, yet somehow we won. Tranmere was probably one of the best home performances, but somehow we lost. The main fact is that after 14 games we are three points off the top.I think everyone would have been reasonably pleased with this at the start of the season, particularly as every game is an away game.

clint van damme

It’s also a fact that we weren’t as dire as some would have you believe. Last night was probably the worst home performance of the season, yet somehow we won. Tranmere was probably one of the best home performances, but somehow we lost. The main fact is that after 14 games we are three points off the top.I think everyone would have been reasonably pleased with this at the start of the season, particularly as every game is an away game.

totally agree regarding being pleased with the start.
I expected it to be close this season although I did think Ipswich would pull away but no signs of that at the moment.
Yes, it could have been better with poor finishing and bad decisions conspiring against us but as Grendel said, every fan has a sob story.
I think all teams will hit a couple of bumps in the road this season, (Donny were on a very poor run until Tuesdays result and people were saying they're the best team we've played), hopefully we're now through our first bad patch, (sure they'll be another).

Many, many, twists and turns to come as the season progresses.

NorthernWisdom

totally agree regarding being pleased with the start.
I expected it to be close this season although I did think Ipswich would pull away but no signs of that at the moment.
Yes, it could have been better with poor finishing and bad decisions conspiring against us but as Grendel said, every fan has a sob story.
I think all teams will hit a couple of bumps in the road this season, (Donny were on a very poor run until Tuesdays result and people were saying they're the best team we've played), hopefully we're now through our first bad patch, (sure they'll be another).

Many, many, twists and turns to come as the season progresses.
I frankly expect(ed) us to be bumping around lower midtable at best, so I'm delighted with this start!

There have been a couple of diabolically bad (Bolton!) results, and it's possibly a case of what might have been given them, which makes the other games all the better really.

Gibbo

Did you see the Tranmere and MK games? Against Tranmere we played them off the field,should have had a penalty, should have won by a hatful. The performance was great, we were really unlucky to lose. Against MK we didn’t play well but still managed to dominate the game, missed chances, missed a penalty and should have had a second penalty given. Last night we played poorly and rode our luck in the first half. Even in this game,we went behind to an early goal that seems to have been way offside, an event that clearly had a negative influence on a team already lacking in confidence. Another seemingly valid penalty claim turned down. You make no allowance for these happenings and the effect on our performance. We still had the courage and tenacity to keep going and turn a poor performance into a win.
I read the match thread when I got in last night. You are on several times having a go at Robins, making a suggestion that after two years his time is up. Apart from totally disagreeing with everything you said last night, I don’t understand how you have the time to not only post so much during a live game, but also post in response to what others are saying, obviously reading the thread as it developed. Now, I don’t know about you, but as soon as our games start,I am totally involved in the game metaphorically kicking and heading every ball, most of the crowd around me are doing the same. I wouldn’t have the ability or the desire to follow and respond to something on here while we are playing. You,on the other hand, are able to watch the match, read posts, write posts and still analyse the play to the extent that you are able to see that Robins is a tactical idiot and that at least half his players are rubbish. I don’t know how you do it, incidentally, were you actually at the game last night?
I appreciate all the people who do post, for obvious reasons, but like you are mystified how they find the time to break off watching the game, get their phones out, type, correct and send. I'd fear I was missing something

Gibbo

No we are dominating possession but not in the place it matters. Of all the shots at MK, how many were real chances like Baka's last night? Everything was outside the box. At League 1 level it is the defensive errors inside the box that gets you the goals - see last night....

Irish Sky Blue

No we are dominating possession but not in the place it matters. Of all the shots at MK, how many were real chances like Baka's last night? Everything was outside the box. At League 1 level it is the defensive errors inside the box that gets you the goals - see last night....
The above post was in response to the guy saying that we made only one chance at MK, the penalty. Patently not true. I agree with you that in the MK game the standard of the chances were not as good as in other games.

tigersb

Some saying on here that they thought Fleetwood deserved something from last night
Personally I think we were the better team overall and deserved the 3 points

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Some saying on here that they thought Fleetwood deserved something from last night
Personally I think we were the better team overall and deserved the 3 points

Balance of 1st and 2nd half. We were dogshit first half and but for some good saves could've been further behind (we could've also been level if the offside had been given).

Of the overall game if they'd got a draw it wouldn't have been that unfair but as we led for the last 20 minutes without having many problems if any team deserved a win if was us.

Users who are viewing this thread