Match Thread Coventry City vs. Fleetwood Town Match Thread - Wednesday 23rd Oct (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

We’ve played it really well down the right on 5 or 6 occasions just no one to play it to in the box
They have two giants at CB and watch when we get the ball there. We are just stood still waiting for the cross. We're playing right into their hands. (and we've already seen the ref isn't giving handball!)

rob9872

Ohare, Dabo Marosi other than that I'd happily make 8 subs! Dreadful performance so far.

skybluepm2

As much as I love Robins, I am seriously pissed off with his reluctance to shake thinks up after the Tranmere game. Kelly’s absence is now becoming somewhat of a mystery, especially with the likes of Shipley and Westbrooke ahead of him. And as for Hiwula and Bakayoko..... both should be hanging their heads in shame. A missed penalty for the former and a public slating in the local press for the latter has hardly acted as rocket fuel up either of their useless backsides.

He needs to be bold now and drag at least 2 off at half-time. Kelly and Biamou for Westbrooke and Bakayoko.

DannyThomas_1981

Pretty disappointing half but we're still in this.

Not controlling midfield which is very unusual for us this season. Tactically we need Kelly on to control things and provide leadership.

I want to see O'Hare as our attacking midfielder and not isolated on the right. I'd also have Kast on after half time for his pace and directness.

One bright spot - Dabo. Very competitive and great to watch. Laughed out loud when he bundled their winger into row 4 - no prisoners taken and I absolutely knew he'd do it in that situation.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well that was fucking awful.

I'd bring on Kelly and Biamou, get two up top and O'Hare in a central attacking midfield spot.

Who to take off - take your pick! Hiwula couldn't complain if he got binned but I've ousted Westbrooke and Walsh

__________Marosi
Dabo__Hyam___Rose__McCallum
__________Kelly
_Hiwula__O'Hare__Shipley
_____Baka___Biamou

theferret

Our run of defeats started with his shambolic performance at Rotherham - he’s a liability - what would he add to this tonight?

So you're blaming the last 3 performances on someone who hasn't even played? That's batshit.

We were all saying at the start of the season how refreshing it was to see so many leaders on the pitch. Well, two of those standout players are on the bench.

He probably can't do much in this game now apart from being a presence at set pieces. Kelly, though, has to come on.

CCFC54321

... And it's a slippy pitch which they hate even more. They've got Evans and Madden spinning off all time.

First time in his two tenures I'm really questioning Robins as we're going backwards
Ive been questioning robins since last season. If he haven’t got promoted despite finishing 6th in an awful league 2 the support wouldn’t have been so forgiving.

I’m no where near saying robins isent the answer as we have to remember the Russel slade days etc but another couple of defeats...

Grendel

Why are we so keen to work it wide and then cross the ball - we win nothing in the air or in the box full stop. It’s infuriating.

Our midfield and attacking six are all absolutely anonymous bar O’Hare.

I don’t particularly like narrow formations but we need to go 2 up front as our presence is non-existent. Combine that with the fact we have ZERO wide players (again) then 4-3-1-2 seems the way to go with Biamou and Hiwula up front, O’Hare 10 and Kelly, Walsh and Shipley as the 3.

For all the good things he’s done, MR weakness is his inability to be flexible and he’s easily predictable. Plus the 5 minute flurry at the end probably means MR feels he can justify the existing formation and tactics.

Fleetwood are a good offensive unit, but are very average at the back, unfortunately it gives us no advantage as we offer zero.

The goal was miles offsite, so therefore it wasn’t awful defending as it shouldn’t have stood.

Of course it was awful defending - Evans should have scored and the two centre halves had concrete boots and did nothing

We will be below Bolton in the current form league if this stays the same.

Skybluefaz

A midfield player needs to be getting into the box and supporting as the second striker when we are attacking. The only player capable of that is O'Hare. Can't waste him out wide. Carrying Westbrooke who is fucking dreadful out of possession.

jordan210

I don't get why we try and play the same system when its not been working. Just make up a plan B and try it

Grendel

So you're blaming the last 3 performances on someone who hasn't even played? That's batshit.

We were all saying at the start of the season how refreshing it was to see so many leaders on the pitch. Well, two of those standout players are on the bench.

He probably can't do much in this game now apart from being a presence at set pieces. Kelly, though, has to come on.

Never saw the fuss on Macfazdean - thinks he’s Beckenbaur but has the touch of a poor mans Brian Kilkline

Esoterica

... And it's a slippy pitch which they hate even more. They've got Evans and Madden spinning off all time.

First time in his two tenures I'm really questioning Robins as we're going backwards
It's not like the rain or the size of their CBs is a surprise. Feels like we've come off the pitch on Sunday and Robins has just gone 'Unlucky lads, deserved to win so same again Wednesday please' and then had a couple of days off.

ccfcway

Why is it?

thinking about how many points off the drop we are ?.

the fact MR wont change anything yet he already has with tactics of hoof in 1st half which clearly hasn't worked and he is about to change at HT by taking off his captain. So much for like for like. !

Users who are viewing this thread