Match Thread Coventry City vs. Exeter City Match Thread - Tuesday 13th Aug (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Exeter City match, tactics and predictions :)

larry_david

Want to progress, should progress.

Feel a few others will get a go. Mccallum, pask, hyam, Eccles, godden will start. Tempted to start bapaga as well

lord_garrincha

We are playing an inferior team... We will destroy them... obviously!

Seriously though, I don't expect wholesale changes as MR will want to win, if going by his 'cup run to generate money' interview.

Marty

Give some minutes to the likes of Hyam and Godden and the young kids.

I thought Pask has looked far better then Dabo at right back, but that was only a friendly, so I'd give him a chance as I don't think Dabo has looked like a league one player so far.

higgs

Give some minutes to the likes of Hyam and Godden and the young kids.

I thought Pask has looked far better then Dabo at right back, but that was only a friendly, so I'd give him a chance as I don't think Dabo has looked like a league one player so far.
Is dabo that bad?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

Is dabo that bad?
Unless there is a move lined up or he is totally unfit, I would experiment with Junior Brown at RB, the reverse to what we did with Marc Edworthy a few years back.

It won't happen... neither MR or Brown would like it, but it would bring in experience there.

Marty

Is dabo that bad?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offers no threat going forward and poor defensively. Go out muscled by a kid a couple of times yesterday, Made some truly awful decisions too, the ball got cleared up by them and he let the ball go over his head, yet there was a player 5 yards behind him, hopefully he vastly improves like sterling did.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we'll see a few changes but not huge amounts. MR will want to get the Bolton game out of the system. Then if they fail against a L2 team as well none of them can complain against wholesale changes.

I expect Godden to replace Baka, and maybe Allen to come in depending on fitness. I'd usually expect MR to change the keeper but so early in the season and a very new defence he might leave it. Think he may give Eccles a run out off the bench and depending on how it's going Hyam to give him some minutes. Maybe Pask?

I'll say it'll go to pens.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Unless there is a move lined up or he is totally unfit, I would experiment with Junior Brown at RB, the reverse to what we did with Marc Edworthy a few years back.

It won't happen... neither MR or Brown would like it, but it would bring in experience there.
Edworthy was atrocious at left back, and we destroyed his confidence playing him there.

Evo1883

Think Wilson will play in goal, id play godden from the off and take him off after 60.

TTG

--------------------------Wilson--------------------------
Pask----Hyam----McFadzean(c)----McCallum
--------------Eccles------------Shipley---------------
Jobello---------------------------------------Bapaga
--------------Biamou----------Godden--------------

cc84cov

Are we thinking we are going full strength Tuesday ?

Going up to this one with the kids looking forward to seeing Godden

cc84cov

Would like to see us go 2 up front Tuesday 442,probably Baka with Godden.

Marosi
Dabo mcfadz Hyam Mason
Jobello Kelly Allen Shipley
Baka Godden

shmmeee

Wouldn’t change too much. Team is still getting used to each other and 90 mins together on a competitive game is always worthwhile. I’d have a bench of kids though and try one or two who have shown promise:

Marosi
Pask Hyam McFadzean Mason
Jobello Westbrooke Kelly Shipley
Baka Godden

S: Wilson, Drysdale, McCallum, Eccles, Ngandu, Bapaga, Biamou

Tommo1993

Not sure what he did wrong yesterday tbh, the answer is not Alot.

I think it’s because Bolton were picking on our right side a lot, and he got quite rash on a few occasions. Almost panicking maybe. The daft yellow card made the ice even thinner for him. He just needs to improve as Sterling (slowly) did. I noticed a few lapses of communication throughout. Dabo and McFadzean, Dabo and Jobello, Jobello and Godden.

Ps. Turns out Bolton was 67/92, I forgot Leyton Orient were back.

Evo1883

I think it’s because Bolton were picking on our right side a lot, and he got quite rash on a few occasions. Almost panicking maybe. The daft yellow card made the ice even thinner for him. He just needs to improve as Sterling (slowly) did. I noticed a few lapses of communication throughout. Dabo and McFadzean, Dabo and Jobello, Jobello and Godden.

Ps. Turns out Bolton was 67/92, I forgot Leyton Orient were back.

If I'm being totally honest, I want to see hyam back in the starting 11

Marty

2 clean sheets with him in defence. Nothing wrong with him at all. Presume its because he isnt grimmer

Hes looked shaky imo, I also thought Grimmer was average and I wasn't impressed with Sterling for the first 6-10 games. I think his positional sense when we have the ball is actually quite poor, in the first half, the ball was played back to Marosi, Dabo should have gone right over to the by line to create the angle for the ball out wide, as he didn't Marosi was left with no option but to go long. It's the first time I've saw him a league game, and I wasn't impressed in the slightest. I actually think the defense as it is now will struggle against the better teams,

Garryb80

You can't act like keep a clean sheet against Bolton's U20s is an achievement
Dabo isn't a bad player contrary to what many seem to think. Whether you like it or not it was a clean sheet in the record books. Had we won you wouldnt give a shit who it was against

Garryb80

Hes looked shaky imo, I also thought Grimmer was average and I wasn't impressed with Sterling for the first 6-10 games. I think his positional sense when we have the ball is actually quite poor, in the first half, the ball was played back to Marosi, Dabo should have gone right over to the by line to create the angle for the ball out wide, as he didn't Marosi was left with no option but to go long. It's the first time I've saw him a league game, and I wasn't impressed in the slightest. I actually think the defense as it is now will struggle against the better teams,
Disagree entirely l. Hugely impressed with the defence so far. Dabo looks no worse tham sterling did after 2 games. City fans just need someone to think is shit. Its his turn it seems

Users who are viewing this thread