Match Thread Coventry City vs. Burton Albion Match Thread - Friday 8th Mar (1 Viewer)

kg82

That was the one! Ended up losing 2-0 if i remember correctly

Correct. I went spur of the moment because it was a really nice morning! Hangover kicked in and then watched us comfortably beaten... wasn’t worth it!

Sbarcher

How can anyone concentrate on football when all this exciting stuff is going off around us?

RoboCCFC90

I'm looking forward to this match, putting all the issues in the background aside for 90 mins.

If we play with the same intensity and knock it about in the same manner than I can see us winning, 1-0 City, Hiwula to score.

Nick

Administrator
Will be interesting to see what the pitch is like, at least it will be better than Accringtons!

ccfcway

Users that have read this thread - open since Sunday - 206
Henry Winter article - started yesterday - 280

How obvious do they want to make it.

who's playing left back days before a game v a national article on our club. doesn't surprise me that its had more views

chiefdave

As I can't go thanks to it being moved to a Friday night it will no doubt be the performance of the season and we'll win 5-0.

rob9872

Tuesday v Fleetwood please Rob? Im stealing my own car tomorrow!! Thanks mate (I take it you got my deliberate misspelling!)
No problem mate. Yep picked up on it lol. Tues will be Dad driving but we'll collect you anyhow as I'm drinking in afternoon for Cheltenham

letsallsingtogether

Users that have read this thread - open since Sunday - 206
Henry Winter article - started yesterday - 280

How obvious do they want to make it.
It tells you people are bored with reading predictions from the same old farts.

Warwickhunt

Will be interesting to see what the pitch is like, at least it will be better than Accringtons!
We can fuck it up for the egg chasers for a change!

pusbccfc

How can anyone concentrate on football when all this exciting stuff is going off around us?

Quite easily when a win puts us 2 points off the play offs.

no_loyalty

An early goal for us please, can't remember the last time we scored in the first 10 minutes.

capel & collindridge

Should be a decent game both teams trying to play on the deck. The pitch should be as good as its been for a while with the wet weather nice and slick.

Saying all that will probably be a no score bore draw.

if we score early we could have a goal fest 2 nil win. Which is a goal fest for us.

A decent crowd and atmosphere 11000, 500 Burton.

I watched Barnsley play Burton at Oakwell last month and a no score bore draw was exactly what it was then. Barnsley were by far the better team but Nigel Clough had said before the game that he had a plan to stop Barnsley scoring. From where I sat (behind the goal) for almost all the game all the players (bar one goalie) were packed together into just one quarter of the pitch (imagine the pitch being divided into four using the half-way line one way and an imaginary line running the length of the pitch from the centre of one goal to the other). It was like watching six years old play, with everyone chasing after the ball and belting it anywhere! That seemed to be Clough's plan. I wondered why Barnsley didn't just move one of two men out wide on the other side, but it seemed to be that Burton had been drilled into playing a tightly mob-handed game, using a lot of spoiling, elbowing, shirt-tugging and diving that denied Barnsley the freedom to play with a well-distributed shape. They also seemed to have bribed the ref. After three or four dives or tackles that should have resulted in yellow cards for Burton players, but resulted instead in Burton free kicks, Barnsley were wrongly awarded a free kick themselves, just to event things up. The result was a dire, hard-contested game with little scope for playing football. Barnsley are far a tougher side than Coventry but still had difficulty in standing up to Burton's spoiling tactics. If we played the same game that Barnsley did, I think we shall lose 0-2. If we spread our players across the pitch and play good football we might win 2-1 or 3-2.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We'd better win! I slapped down £328 on a City win earlier this evening, in the SBT Bookies thing! :emoji_money_mouth:

Users who are viewing this thread