Match Thread Coventry City vs. Burton Albion Match Thread - Friday 8th Mar (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Mason while playing badly at least doesn't hide. Sterling has been worse.
Bayliss has been the best player for us so that is saying something

Great_Expectations

Too slow to get it forward as we’re sitting too deep leaving too big gaps and time for them to get back into position. We need to get it forward quicker and use the pace we have throughout the team.

Mason sees so much of the ball, but is rarely productive. However it’s not all his fault, there’s a lack of movement around him.

The crowd is quite toxic. Everyone’s been Friday afternoon drinking and it’s resulting in a lot of negativity. For example, we all know Burge has some massive weaknesses but jeering and sarcastically applauding is stupidity.

Second half, we need to revert to our strengths, play football, use our movement and press.

Liquid Gold

Don’t think I’ve seen a defender so comprehensively in a strikers pocket than Davies and Akins this half.

cc84cov

Poor first half Bayliss stupid mistake losing the ball for the goal losing the midfield battle is costing us.

Esoterica

Only needs small tweaks to get back in this. I'd go Brown for Mason at HT, push the backline up higher and bang the front 4s heads together until they can't overthink things anymore..

And in the week, practice crossing and bi-line pullbacks as we are so poor at both.

Grendel

Yep, just jogs about, no movement into space, no turning the centre backs, piece of piss to play against

What ever possessed is to sign him god alone knows. Walsall must have thought Christmas had come early

Johnnythespider

You did notice he won the ball and raced forward didn’t you?
And then when there were three men in the box he decided not to cross the ball and lost it. I also noticed that. If he had crossed the ball i would have commented on him winning the ball and racing forwards.

Grendel

Yes, JCH wasn't great but defenders knew he was there

Exactly and didn’t have the luxury of getting the deckchair out, reading the paper and chortling while some lumbering twat jogs around doing nothing

Warwickhunt

Typical CCFC just when we need to win a game to put the pressure on we play like shit ! Never let us down do they!

Esoterica

Good news is Burton's 'equalisers conceded' rate is 50% away from home and they've conceded a fair few goals straight after HT. Need to be back on it from the whistle.

CanadianCCFC

Bayliss ran with the ball into 4 Burton players, politely asking them to move. They didn’t and Burton scored.
We need someone not Enobakhare taking set pieces he can’t miss the first man.
Davies is rusty, Mason is awful.
We’re playing with 10 men because Bakayoko has done about as much as me to help the team.
2-1 win

jordan210

We just need to push up. They are exploiting the gaps we are creating from once again losing the midfield.

Hopefully we just try and shoot and not walk it in.

lifeskyblue

Too slow on the ball. Nervy at back. Burge looks at his worst. You can’t take corners and free kicks and not get it beyond the first man.
Must turn it around and quickly.

Maybe a new ref will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Too slow to get it forward as we’re sitting too deep leaving too big gaps and time for them to get back into position. We need to get it forward quicker and use the pace we have throughout the team.

Mason sees so much of the ball, but is rarely productive. However it’s not all his fault, there’s a lack of movement around him.

The crowd is quite toxic. Everyone’s been Friday afternoon drinking and it’s resulting in a lot of negativity. For example, we all know Burge has some massive weaknesses but jeering and sarcastically applauding is stupidity.

Second half, we need to revert to our strengths, play football, use our movement and press.
I am stonencold sober and they have played so bad i want to resort them to tears

Blsme the performsnce not thr fans

Users who are viewing this thread