Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bristol Rovers Match Thread - Sunday 7th Apr (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He's playing for a less than average League 1 club and wasn't even first choice during our promotion season in League 2, we probably only signed him due to a clause in his loan contract.

He’s scored 1 less this season than our new striker in his whole career

Grendel

Was shit when he was here and as it showed today put him against a good defender and he struggles.

Odd - he’s scored 15 goals this season - takes 3 seasons for old Max to reach those dizzy heights

Brighton Sky Blue

A presence? Must have missed it today as he didn't win a header.

Scraping the barrell quoting drunk ex pros and Linell

Who is the ex pro then? Out of interest do you think there is one Bristol Rovers fan today who though they signed the wrong player? Seriously?

Bakayoko is a sad and sorry excuse for a player. Not interested - lazy a coward when challenged and has no forward movement at all

Your comments are bizarre - Clarke Harris won loads of headers not that that means much to me anyway

Jch did nothing today, you nearly creamed your pants that he passed it to somebody after slating Baka for putting hiwula clean through.

I'm basing it on today, even mason bullied jch. Bayliss even went through him.

beowulf-and-the-dragon.jpg

Gazolba

If we get a good striker, will we be able to hold on to him?
We couldn't with McGoldrick, Clarke, Wilson, Armstrong or McNulty.
Now we are safe but out of contention, can we expect Ponticelli (or maybe Bremang) to be given 90 minutes for a few remaining games?
Or will Robins persist with same toothless options?

Adge

Not sure Pontibelly is tha answer. Someone previously described him as a pub player-doesn’t look to far away from that at the minute.

Irish Sky Blue

Huge wasted opportunity this season. The fact we have stayed in contention despite so many disappointing performances shows how shit league is
Performances, as with today, have mostly been good this season. In a lot of games the results haven’t reflected how well we have played.
I thought we were excellent today until we got to the box. The passing and movement at times was superb. We could and should have won in a canter. Some really good performances notably Mason, Davis and Hyam. I thought Kelly had a good game today and that Chaplin looked really sharp when he came on.
The usual negative comments from some because we didn’t win. Some fans are really hard to please. What I saw today was team with a pattern of play that they bought into, working their socks off and dominating the play with some very slick football. The performance was really good, the finishing poor on occasions.
Nothing is guaranteed for next season, particularly with Thomas and Sterling going back to their clubs and Willis possibly leaving. But with the pattern of play and with the relative success that has been achieved in the past two and a bit seasons since Robins has returned, (think of where we were and how we were playing under Slade and compare it to the performance today) you would hope that he can produce a team to really push for promotion next season. This season all we have missed is one or two clinical finishers. I really hope that Enobakhare can be signed as he has made a huge difference to the way we play since January.
The big black cloud and the thing that could scupper all of this progress is the ground situation. If we are forced to move will Robin’s have the funds to strengthen?

pusbccfc

Good to see JCH continuing to live off falling to the floor.

A flukey run for Bristol Rovers will come to an end.

steve82

Performances, as with today, have mostly been good this season. In a lot of games the results haven’t reflected how well we have played.
I thought we were excellent today until we got to the box. The passing and movement at times was superb. We could and should have won in a canter. Some really good performances notably Mason, Davis and Hyam. I thought Kelly had a good game today and that Chaplin looked really sharp when he came on.
The usual negative comments from some because we didn’t win. Some fans are really hard to please. What I saw today was team with a pattern of play that they bought into, working their socks off and dominating the play with some very slick football. The performance was really good, the finishing poor on occasions.
Nothing is guaranteed for next season, particularly with Thomas and Sterling going back to their clubs and Willis possibly leaving. But with the pattern of play and with the relative success that has been achieved in the past two and a bit seasons since Robins has returned, (think of where we were and how we were playing under Slade and compare it to the performance today) you would hope that he can produce a team to really push for promotion next season. This season all we have missed is one or two clinical finishers. I really hope that Enobakhare can be signed as he has made a huge difference to the way we play since January.
The big black cloud and the thing that could scupper all of this progress is the ground situation. If we are forced to move will Robin’s have the funds to strengthen?

Pretty much agree with that. Yesterday wasn’t too bad a performance in two thirds of the pitch it was just our usual shot shy frailties in front of goal. Get the win and we’d of gone home pretty content as it’s the type of game we’d of lost in previous L1 campaigns.

Really need to finalise a lot of aspects so the management team can set about filling the gaps to go again next season where I’m hopeful of another competitive season with some good away days forecast.

In terms of funds I’m sure we can deal well enough in the free market if we operate early doors in the window getting targets in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

block16

Thought it was an entertaining game. We played some good stuff but haven’t got a clue how to score. Little bit concerned about the score line for Sunderland away. Nothing to play for now and a few injuries we could get our first hiding of the season

fernandopartridge

Thought it was an entertaining game. We played some good stuff but haven’t got a clue how to score. Little bit concerned about the score line for Sunderland away. Nothing to play for now and a few injuries we could get our first hiding of the season
Why? Sunderland don't score many and we don't concede that many either. The pressure is on them so i fancy us to get a win up there

Nick

Administrator
Why? Sunderland don't score many and we don't concede that many either. The pressure is on them so i fancy us to get a win up there

My only worry is midfield.

Cattermole / Leadbitter in centre mid and we will probably have to play our 4th / 5th choice there.

SkyBlueDom26

Hope we don't as im making the long trip, will be a shit journey home if we do

steve82

Don’t they?

They have scored in all league home games this season
Are joint 3rd highest goals scorers in L1 with 69 and hold the third tightest defence conceding just 35.
Have taken 41 points from a possible 57 at the stadium of light too.

They will be a strong opposition but so we’re Barnsley, Luton....etc but the forms pretty good and are highly likely to score at least one.

fernandopartridge

Don’t they?

They have scored in all league home games this season
Are joint 3rd highest goals scorers in L1 with 69 and hold the third tightest defence conceding just 35.
Have taken 41 points from a possible 57 at the stadium of light too.

They will be a strong opposition but so we’re Barnsley, Luton....etc but the forms pretty good and are highly likely to score at least one.

They don't regularly score more than 2, 69 goals in 41 games is 1.75 a game. They're not a high scoring team.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Catching up with the match thread, which was barely a match thread, more a weird game of top trumps about who is the better striker over two poor strikers. For what it's worth, I'd rather have JCH in my team than Bakayoko, but that's not saying a lot. Neither did anything yesterday to positively contribute to the game, and I have no idea how Bakayoko managed to stay on the pitch after that tackle. Either way, we need a new striker in the summer.

kg82

I’ve just watched the highlights and that chance for Davies again. Is it me, or does it look like it’s over the line? Taking nothing away from their keeper, that was an outstanding save. And also not letting Hyam off the hook with an equally outstanding miss!

Users who are viewing this thread