Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bristol Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 17th Aug (1 Viewer)

kg82

Dabo and Mason were superb today. Really superb. Jobello was excellent first half but we dropped off in the 2nd and he didn’t get as much of the ball. Solid performance overall.

Johnnythespider

The two full backs could win a lot of mom,s this season. Good team performance, even players who might be benched are contributing. I'm enjoying it so far, came via Adderley park to the roost and it ain't too bad.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Great result and that second goal calmed us down at the end and we seemed the more likely to score at the end.

Godden also looks like that 'proper' forward we've been missing

James Adcock has said Kastaneer's goal shouldn't count because his paper work for the sub was filled in incorrectly. Unfortunately means Coventry played an illegible player, so the result is annulled, Bristol are awarded the three points and we're docked three for it.*

*this is a joke

Last edited:

Evo1883

Thought we looked excellent in large spells today.. Dabo looks an absolute gem, godden worked tirelessly, Mason looks a different player, Kelly is just outstanding full stop... Very positive signs

Kieranp96

Great result and that second goal calmed us down at the end and we seemed the more likely to score at the end.
James Adcock has said Kastaneer's goal shouldn't count because his paper work for the sub was filled in incorrectly. Unfortunately means Coventry played an illegible player, so the result is annulled, Bristol are awarded the three points and we're docked three for it.*

*this is a joke
Had my heart pounding for a second

Liquid Gold

Thought we looked a mature side today.

I'm not sure where Baka fits in, and you must say after that cameo that Kastaneer would be hot on the heels of Hiwula, who I thought was pretty poor.

Defensively we looked good apart from the set pieces, full backs phenomenal. Kelly again is just a machine.

Throughly chuffed!
Have you been on the mushrooms? Not normally one to give positive reviews.

Evo1883

Last season we reached 8 points after 7 games, we are on 7 points already..its All very positive

Sick Boy

Godden also looks like that 'proper' forward we've been missing

*this is a joke

It was obviously a joke, he’d probably have awarded them to Bolton.

clint van damme

Great performance , haven't read the thread so I'm sure there's some moaning on it but I thought we played really well.

harvey098

I thought this but can't argue with Jeff Stelling

It’s quite obviously from the opening game / start of the season.

We played really well today. Some lovely insightful passing moves. Feels like a team which is greater than the sum of its parts. Well done Robins. PUSB.

ccfcway

Thought we played we today. Loved the fact that dabo played well.

Atmosphere felt a little different today, not quite akin to an away game,,maybe that was just me.,

SeaSeeEffCee

Despite sitting back on 1-0 again ?
Why are you getting so upset about me stating something factual? It’s not even a direct criticism as it’ll work for us more often than not with our defence, I’d just prefer us to try and take it to teams a bit more often. Great defensive performances so far but only 3 goals in 3 games.

ccfcway

Why are you getting so upset about me stating something factual? It’s not even a direct criticism as it’ll work for us more often than not with our defence, I’d just prefer us to try and take it to teams a bit more often. Great defensive performances so far but only 3 goals in 3 games.

Upset ?. You said quel surprise we were sitting back and I don’t think we were and we also scored a second.

Users who are viewing this thread