Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

No, we won. I am a Coventry City fan, being very poor is losing badly, time after time.

Not playing your best and still winning is a great trait, the sign of a team that knows how to grind out a result, that doesn’t choke, that has great spirit and plays it out right to the end.

If you expect flowing entertainment and great football every week then you haven’t got a clue what you’re dealing with.

Nah I just expect better against the worst teams in the league. I’m very happy we got away with it but we have got nearly all of our neighbours to come in the next 6 games, we can’t repeat a display like that.

Ring Of Steel

Jesus Christ. To all the people on here saying we didn’t deserve to win that... surely you don’t think Bolton did? We weren’t great by any means but we were better than them
You forget- the criteria for if it’s a ‘good result’ is that we must score at least 3 goals, everything else is garbage.

Brighton Sky Blue

They haven’t got a fucking clue- if we don’t smash “teams like this” they demand blood.

Meanwhile, the fans who know this club are happy that- once again- we ground out a great result even though we weren’t at our best.

I was basing it on the performance more than the score line brah

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d just like to express my solidarity with the Bolton fans who have endured such an ordeal. What’s that? They were taunting us about owning their ground?
Fuck em then
Hope the dickheads enjoy hosting Barrow next season
I thought their ground was leased as part of the sale? Still fuck then

Tommo1993

Hold on, hold on. There are people throwing tantrums over other people throwing tantrums.

Final result was the one we all wanted but let’s be honest we were lucky to get away with it. We really have to start putting games to bed if we’re serious.

Ring Of Steel

I was basing it on the performance more than the score line brah
Any other set of fans would be delighted & appreciate that you can’t play like Brazil ‘82 every game, but the ability to win anyway is critical, chalk it up to extra cup games and expect a better showing next game & move on. Check this thread- utter negativity and a lack of understanding of what’s going on.

Grendel

You forget- the criteria for if it’s a ‘good result’ is that we must score at least 3 goals, everything else is garbage.

No - it’s just a fear will we miss out as overall our forward options are poor and with a forward like we’ve had in this league in the past we’d be miles ahead by now. Imagine mcgoldrick or Clarke today - it would have been an avalanche - it is what it is and hopefully we will scramble over the line but don’t pretend with a striker the quality levels of OnHare and Walsh are we wouldn’t be a long way ahead now

Magwitch

That was close: Had a feeling about this game all week, firstly I don’t think Bolton are as bad as their position suggests having said that goal up in first few minutes we should have games like this put to bed by half time. I thought counting today’s game seven points from three games and I’d be happy so we are on course for that.
There’s going to be bumps along the road this could have been one grabbed a win at the end so happy days.
Still think we are better when Shipley plays.

Last edited:

Grendel

People underestimate the effect Tuesday had.
Look at Oxford today, battered.
Great 3 points, pusb!

Blimey it’s Garry Pendreys Eyes love child. Joining the bandwagon?

Ring Of Steel

That was close: Had a feeling about this game all week, firstly I don’t think Bolton are as bad as their position suggests having said that goal up in first few minutes we should have games like this put to bed by half time. I thought counting today’s game seven points from three games and I’d be happy so we are on course for that.
There’s going to be bumps along the road this could have been one grabbed a win at the end so happy days.
Still think we struggle when Shipley doesn’t play.
I was also very nervous, we did have to beat them and I think I said 2-0 or something, but way too many people on here showed a lot of ignorance by saying we should smash them out of sight, destroy them.

robbiethemole

so we win again and still some of you are miserable fuckers, the likes of Ipswich, Oxford, and Bristol Rovers were in the top 6 a few weeks ago but are falling by the way side, and shite,useless bottlers Coventry City are still winning. If you want to be negative fuck off into your own little corner and cry yourselves to sleep there, don't be on here trying to bring the rest of us down

Grendel

And I am just a voice in the crowd

Grendel

Lost 14 out of 27 this season. mismanaged for years, over invested in players who weren’t good enough, no team spirit. :) (i get your joke though)

Given their situation they showed plenty of spirit

Liquid Gold

The pissed off about the result ones are fine. It’s the no chance of auto robins is arrogant no strikers we are shit now ones that make me laugh. It’s one game.
I was one of the autos gone people and I do agree that there is too much negativity. I just feel like we’re going to just miss out this season for some reason and when we’re throwing it away against bottom of the league it reinforces that feeling.

hill83

I was one of the autos gone people and I do agree that there is too much negativity. I just feel like we’re going to just miss out this season for some reason and when we’re throwing it away against bottom of the league it reinforces that feeling.

Admit you went overboard or I’ll tell my mum.

Liquid Gold

That's football though. We could play great on Tuesday. Just not sure who he starts in midfield though.
I think Shipley should come back in now. He offers energy.

I’m wondering if he bought Pask on for league minutes ready to replace Dabo on Tuesday who I thought looked leggy today.

Brighton Sky Blue

Any other set of fans would be delighted & appreciate that you can’t play like Brazil ‘82 every game, but the ability to win anyway is critical, chalk it up to extra cup games and expect a better showing next game & move on. Check this thread- utter negativity and a lack of understanding of what’s going on.

I understood what I saw very well. Dabo was nice going forward but got beaten with ease every time by O’Grady. Passing was terrible throughout while they created more by just hoofing it up with the wing backs out of position. Marosi was in good form and he needed to be. Our defenders were routinely made to look suspect against tall and physical forwards.

It was lethargic and showed that we came out really worse for wear from Tuesday. Which went the whole hog because we choked at the end of normal time. And which we played because we missed an open goal in the first game. All these little things added up over the season are why we’re not running away with it at the top.

mark82

The pissed off about the result ones are fine. It’s the no chance of auto robins is arrogant no strikers we are shit now ones that make me laugh. It’s one game.

Even when you're doing well there are things you can improve on. Scoring more goals is something we need to improve. Portsmouth not big scorers either to be fair. They've only scored 3 more than us. Peterborough have scored 20 more goals than us.

D

Deleted member 2477

Nah I just expect better against the worst teams in the league. I’m very happy we got away with it but we have got nearly all of our neighbours to come in the next 6 games, we can’t repeat a display like that.
They may be bottom of the league but they arnt the worst team. They started on minus 13 points ffs.

you are probably one of the most negative posters on here quickly calling for a taxi for Robins or slagging the teM off

Grendel

Let’s be honest if we manage to somehow beat Portsmouth - and it’s probably going to be a bakayoko goal off the bench and it hits the back of his head in the 93rd minute - then we might well

Robins is Ian Botham in his last World Cup and today clinches it for me

Ring Of Steel

I understood what I saw very well. Dabo was nice going forward but got beaten with ease every time by O’Grady. Passing was terrible throughout while they created more by just hoofing it up with the wing backs out of position. Marosi was in good form and he needed to be. Our defenders were routinely made to look suspect against tall and physical forwards.

It was lethargic and showed that we came out really worse for wear from Tuesday. Which went the whole hog because we choked at the end of normal time. And which we played because we missed an open goal in the first game. All these little things added up over the season are why we’re not running away with it at the top.
Yes we have massive problems, winning 2-1 and going 4th with games in hand, it’s a nightmare position to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread