Match Thread Coventry City vs. Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 26th Jan (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Limnell talking shite again

CCFC_Charlie

At least we pass it around nicely while teams sit off us in the first half though!! Brilliant football!! Robins can do no wrong!!

Same story every week. Teams let us have the ball in the first half, keep it at 0-0 and know they only need to score once in the second half to win. This lot got lucky in that we let them score twice. Utter, utter shit.

Brighton Sky Blue

At least we pass it around nicely while teams sit off us in the first half though!! Brilliant football!! Robins can do no wrong!!

Same story every week. Teams let us have the ball in the first half, keep it at 0-0 and know they only need to score once in the second half to win. This lot got lucky in that we let them score twice. Utter, utter shit.

Shit teams who we would beat if we put even a quarter of sitters in the net

cc84cov

Awful absolutely awful Chaplin up front on his own is comical couldn’t believe my eyes...

Something needs to change it can’t carry on could easily end up facing a relegation battle...yet again robins tactically out done by a manager At home.

SKYBLUES90

Bets on how many times robins uses the word ‘streetwise’ and we’re a young team still learning

Paxman II

If this continues the confidence will be lost for the way we play. MR's needs to stop putting players out of position. Hiwula is effected in the middle yet again today he has a poor game because he is played out wide? There is too much intricate work along the touchline that seems to get us nowhere. Fancy looking possession is one thing but it's proving ineffective as not enough balls are getting into the box. JCH and Bakoyoko are not good enough in this league. The new guy from olves looks good but he took him off? Thomas was switched from one side to another and had his most ieffective game yet. Bayliss was sorely missed today who provides opportunity. Kelly was good but faded badly after we went behind. Our defenders are comitting cardinal errors and we are gifting goals. I just don't think we can play this way unless we have a strong finisher up front who can take half chances, becuase that's all we are creating. I just don't understand why we can't flood their box when we move forward with ease - that's where you need to be to score? Shooting was poor with no real conviction.
I fear Doyle will need to come back and steady the ship before weslip into a freefall. Technically gifted players are one thing but we need to get the balance right. Mason is poor and Brown is far better imo. The biggest issue is whoever we had as a striker will suffer from a lack of service into the box. It's league 1 we are not going to win by outplaying the opposition 9 times out of 10 as has now been proven. It's frustrating but I see the confidence ebbing away today. MR's subs today were again baffling.

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins says the ball took a bad bounce off the pitch and it WAS a dreadful pitch for sure.

Anything to make an excuse for his ‘marquee’ signing. Has there been a bad bounce for all the other sitters? Face facts Craplin can’t hit a barn door

stupot07

That was shite. Played well first half, but dont make the right decisions in the final third, we dont get enough men in the box when the ball is out wide, and the majority of the time we're still playing too narrow trying to score the perfect goal.

We play 1 upfront in a 4231, shunting Hiwula out left and leaving Chaplin on his own up front. Then when we do go 2-0 down and make subs, he takes puts Bakayoko on and immediately pulls Chaplin back into midfield so still only going with one up front. Then he brings JCH on, he moves Bakayoko left, then swaps him with Thomas onto the right and we're still only playing 1 upfront.

Hiwula had 2 shots but offered Nothing in general play on the left.

Thr wheels have come off but luckily we have enough points on the board to avoid getting pulled into a relegation scrap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
That was shite. Played well first half, but dont make the right decisions in the final third, we dont get enough men in the box when the ball is out wide, and the majority of the time we're still playing too narrow trying to score the perfect goal.

We play 1 upfront in a 4231, shunting Hiwula out left and leaving Chaplin on his own up front. Then when we do go 2-0 down and make subs, he takes puts Bakayoko on and immediately pulls Chaplin back into midfield so still only going with one up front. Then he brings JCH on, he moves Bakayoko left, then swaps him with Thomas onto the right and we're still only playing 1 upfront.

Hiwula had 2 shots but offered Nothing in general play on the left.

Thr wheels have come off but luckily we have enough points on the board to avoid getting pulled into a relegation scrap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's baffling isn't it

Worryingly, the teams below us aren't too far behind

Haven't looked at the table tonight

stevefloyd

I don't see the point in taking Bright off who can play in midfield and was one of our better players and putting that useless c**t Chaplin there who appears as though he can't play anywhere !!!

Nick

Administrator
I don't see the point in taking Bright off who can play in midfield and was one of our better players and putting that useless c**t Chaplin there who appears as though he can't play anywhere !!!
Exactly, takes off somebody who plays there to put somebody who openly says they don't like to there. His head has gone.

JAM See

If Conor Chaplin had a head like mine (50 pence shaped), we'd have been ahead at half time. Fine margins. That second half was horrid though.

20 odd thousand next week. Hope we can give the tourists a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread