Match Thread Coventry City vs. Birmingham City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Jan (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd probably take one win from either of the next 2 games. if it's Blues, then we make a lot of money, if it's Fleetwood, we consolidate near the top. Happy either way. Mind you, if we beat Blues, i'll probably amend this 'wish' !

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

League more important so more than happy to give the bench warmers a start...think we've shown we have a fairly deep squad, I don't think any will let us down.
Hoping for a hassle free day though bound to be a few idiots tanked up.

shmmeee

Id thought it must be around that given the most recent ccfc sales were about 10k. From that i presume theyve taken big chunks out from the overall capacity then as thats high 20s isn't it? Should be a good atmosphere, you won't see many 50/50 splits.

Yeah I’ve seen 8-10k seats for segregation bandied around.

Great_Expectations

Not too we should even bother turning up, they’re a Championship team and we’re L1.

I don’t think anyone doubts the general difference in class between the two divisions, however we’re on form, have the best squad we’ve had in years and playing fantastic football. Conversely they are being dragged into a relegation battle. Why can’t we progress?

I like Pask, and is without doubt a talent, but I absolutely don’t understand why he’d be starting ahead of one of our best players, who happens to actually be a RWB.

O’Hare has to start, he can change a game and is going to be incredibly motivated. Westbrooke’s not been himself the last few games he’s started and Allen hasn’t done enough yet to pip O’Hare.

Mason is a better player than McCallum, especially defensively so I’d also start him.

Big fan of Biamou, but Godden should start. However I’d be very tempted to give them 45 minutes each, unless Godden is working.

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Walsh Kelly Mason
O’Hare Shipley
Godden

Wilson
Pask
Westbrooke
Allen
Jones
Bakayoko
Biamou

3-2, O’Hare, Walsh, Biamou

robbiekeane

watched the middlesborough blues highlights yesterday and even though it wasn't a great game you can definitely see a clear clear difference in quality of players. Afraid we may get a tanking....but hope i'm wrong!

ccfc_Tom

Rest some players ready for the league game mid week;

Marosi
Pask
Rose
Hyam
Drysdale
Mason
Kelly
Allen
Westbrooke
O’hare
Biamou

fernandopartridge

It never ceases to amaze me the sizeof the pessimism of many on here even when we string great results togethe, or lose only 3 games in the league all season?
That was also the attitudeof many before we faced Doncaster. " ll'l be happy with a draw" "Can't see us winning this one" " Think we will lose this" "Bogey side for us, can't see a win here" and so on. Hey we won - again.
The gulf in the lower end of the championship and top of league one is little if any. Stop being swallowed up by the so called experts in the game saying otherwise.
I'm not saying we should win but give us a break we could quite easily on our day beat Birmingham.

Oh god

SeaSeeEffCee

It never ceases to amaze me the sizeof the pessimism of many on here even when we string great results togethe, or lose only 3 games in the league all season?
That was also the attitudeof many before we faced Doncaster. " ll'l be happy with a draw" "Can't see us winning this one" " Think we will lose this" "Bogey side for us, can't see a win here" and so on. Hey we won - again.
The gulf in the lower end of the championship and top of league one is little if any. Stop being swallowed up by the so called experts in the game saying otherwise.
I'm not saying we should win but give us a break we could quite easily on our day beat Birmingham.
The three teams that got promoted from this league last season are 24th, 22nd and 19th respectively.

CanadianCCFC

The three teams that got promoted from this league last season are 24th, 22nd and 19th respectively.
I’m sure when the game kicks off that will be the only thing running through the minds of our players; “Luton Town aren’t doing very well in the championship so we haven’t got any chance”.

It’s a one off game ffs

Astute

My hat goes off to you chaps doing Fleetwood on a Tuesday night - you are made of true grit !
Not me. I can see it from where I live. And it takes just over an hour to get there.

Astute

Early optimism is fading now. Reality of playing a team a division ahead setting in. Still magic of FA Cup and all that.
It could go either way.

Big gate for most of our players. Rabbits in headlights or a boost.

We can only beat who is put in front of us. We have been consistent in how well we play. Expecting one good half and a half where we get battered. But when they come at us we will hit them on the break.

But whatever the result I am looking forward to seeing how our players cope with the situation. Better quality opponents and a buzzing stadium.

kevin Pugh

Blues fan in Peace.

Round three v Blackburn we were lucky to get through, nicked it at the end.
We played well up at Boro on Tuesday and should have won up there.
On to Saturday and my son and I have tickets in the Lower Gil Merrick and both of us (and loads of other Blues fans) cant wait for the game.
Our home form the last few months has been very poor, there are times when we do play some good stuff so depends what Blues 11 turns up on the day.
One thing that annoys me about this game is a 'Sell Out' but St Andrews will be a third empty, so many Blues fans want tickets for this but can't get them as its 'Sold Out'.
Anyhow, looking forward to a good atmosphere and cant wait for both sets of fans to do a loud SOTV.
One last thing, my old mate Nick from Leamington Spa, is he on here ? Proper Sky Blues fan he is..
Oh and I am Admin on a Blues FB page fell free to come and join up.
Kro.

Irish Sky Blue

Not heard anything on that, Crowley is class, but he doesn't always start, very rare he plays for the full 90 mins, I love him he's one of my favorite players, check out his goal v Blackburn in the 3rd Round.
I spoke to his Gran and Grandad after Mass last Sunday. They had tickets for Saturday’s game and were confident he would play.No mention that he was injured. Could have happened in the week I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread