Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (1 Viewer)

Otis

Really!
I thought he played well held up the ball got stuck in, fired up the crowd when they were taking there corners at 1-0.
You need to take those hate glasses off.
I like Doyle, but thought he didn't play at all well in that first half. He was struggling to keep up, was losing out in battles and Barnsley were controlling the middle of the park.

He did get better as the game went in though.

I would mark him 5 for the first half and 7 for the second, hence my rating of 6 overall.

He wasn't at all influential in that first 45 mins to my mind.

theferret

I like Doyle, but thought he didn't play at all well in that first half. He was struggling to keep up, was losing out in battles and Barnsley were controlling the middle of the park.

He did get better as the game went in though.

I would mark him 5 for the first half and 7 for the second, hence my rating of 6 overall.

He wasn't at all influential in that first 45 mins to my mind.

Surprised by the Doyle comments Otis. I thought he was outstanding today. Funny how people see things so differently!

Otis

Surprised by the Doyle comments Otis. I thought he was outstanding today. Funny how people see things so differently!
Yeah, first half I didn't think he was good at all and really struggling to get any sort of grip on the game.

I thought his second half performance was much better and he started to drive us forwards.

TewkesburySkyBlue

We’ve done well enough but I suspect they’ll improve after half time. Bayliss is weak and Doyle over the hill - they will start to move more and more through the middle.

Individually there’s not been a lot to shout about. Thomas has had his best game so far and Willis is consistently out best player. Sterling has worked hard defensively

Chaplin had a good run and turn of pace near the end of the half but it shows when fans always look for positives in some players and the opposite in others.

Thomas is left footed I assume? Shipley has has such s poor game surely he should move him to the left and take Shipley off
Bayliss is weak and Doyle is over the holidays derrrrrr what planet are you on ?

Hobo

A good win today against a decent side.

skybluesam66

I dont think it was offside, but the lino's flag was up way before the ball was played to Chaplin
I even wonder if he was flagging to say he was injured rather than offside

lifeskyblue

Thought all had good second half. First half more mixed; lost out in middle and some very sloppy passing. Liked chaplin’s movement but yes he was offside; some poor decisions by officials but that one right. Has there been official reason why Lino was subbed? thought bakayako did well in his few mins (couple of headers won) and good to see Kelly back.
My motm burge for rescuing Brown’s awful pass back), his second half flying save and his overall handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I dont think it was offside, but the lino's flag was up way before the ball was played to Chaplin
I even wonder if he was flagging to say he was injured rather than offside
Yeah he had his flag up for ages, would be interesting to see it back.

Irish Sky Blue

He did, in the first half especially. He was really struggling to get any grip on the game.

He was much better in the second half though and got to see much more of the ball and be more influential
Disagree. Thought he was good throughout.

Sky Blue Harry H

You could see Barnsley were decent, so not sure why their fans are saying they were so bad -frustration, I guess - it just didn't happen for them today. They will be up there. Really hope we can get Kelly and Ogogo fit to support Doyle through the season. MR was really coy when Geoff Foster asked him about the current injury status of Grimmer, Jones and Mason. Perhaps in shock that Geoff had actually asked him a pertinent question, but he really didn't want to give anything away - a bit strange, or keeping opponents guessing re: team selection?

skybluesam66

Barnsley were big/ Muscular but they didnt have the touch on the ball
surprised we didnt get bullied today - but when we got the ball on the floor they couldnt deal with us

usskyblue

‘We’ve only got our sens to blame’ ?

giphy.gif

Adge

Yes good victory that. Good team effort all round.

higgs

Anyone think that if we still had mcnulty that we would be top 3 by now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

We started the season quite late with pre season and the play offs til end of May, I just wonder if now the fitness of the squad is where it should be.

Throw in the return of important players who did not really have a pre season or were nursed back. Burge, Willis, Kelly, bayliss, even Stirling.

Brown should get better the more he plays, still yet to be convinced but take away that shit back pass and I thought he was solid. Stirling is starting to look quicker, tougher and wants to get forward. Willis has mentioned his struggles for 90 mins and bayliss is lasting as well, first 4 games he looked fucked after 60 mins.

JCH won almost everything he could yesterday, ran hard, didn't fall over once just wish he could score. Dragged an edge of the area shot painfully wide and missed that sitter although offside.

Kelly back is a massive bonus but based on this seasons trend he probably won't be 100% fit until Oct. I'm pleased

Users who are viewing this thread