Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnet Match Thread - Saturday 10th Mar (2 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

These are the games this season where I'd like us to be a bit more ruthless. An early goal could open the floodgates with them chasing their football league status. A couple of goals to the good by 60 minutes means Ponticelli can get some vital minutes, Doyle and whoever else can have a rest ahead of Tuesday's Luton match etc. We've still only been ahead by a 2 goal margin for a total of 119 minutes this season - apart from being an awful stat, it puts a lot of pressure on the first XI and limits the substitutions that MR will risk.
Cannot argue with any of that, and don't get me wrong, I'd love it to be as you say.

But come 5 o clock on Saturday if we have 3 points that's all that matters now (unless we end up with loads of injuries/red cards!!!)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Very fair point.

Been very rare for us to have the game won and cruising and that does indeed then affect the substitutions you can make.

Be nice to give a player a 20 minute 'run out' with the game in the bag.
Was the last time we did this Bury in the 6-1, I rarely remember when we got to a cruise mode.

Esoterica

Good God! I had no idea they were managed by Westley.

Extra thick skin and and extra thick shinpads needed.
Don't like the bloke but he does look like he's given them a bit more backbone. They've W2, D3, L3 since he took over and 5 of those were teams in the top10. Given Port Vale's slump and Tom Pope in need of a hernia op, I'd give them half a chance of getting out of it if they can get anything out of their next 3 games (us, Wycombe, Luton). Lose all 3 of those though and they're probably done.

steve82

Don't like the bloke but he does look like he's given them a bit more backbone. They've W2, D3, L3 since he took over and 5 of those were teams in the top10. Given Port Vale's slump and Tom Pope in need of a hernia op, I'd give them half a chance of getting out of it if they can get anything out of their next 3 games (us, Wycombe, Luton). Lose all 3 of those though and they're probably done.

Quite a sobering thought when you look at the table and see 2 sides who were relegated last year with us fighting against back to back relegations.

I doubt many had Port Vale down in the position they find themselves in last summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

As long as they get nothing against us and beat the others that's fine by me

Skyblueweeman

These are the games this season where I'd like us to be a bit more ruthless. An early goal could open the floodgates with them chasing their football league status. A couple of goals to the good by 60 minutes means Ponticelli can get some vital minutes, Doyle and whoever else can have a rest ahead of Tuesday's Luton match etc. We've still only been ahead by a 2 goal margin for a total of 119 minutes this season - apart from being an awful stat, it puts a lot of pressure on the first XI and limits the substitutions that MR will risk.

I think I'd rather us be 3-0 up with 30 to play before bringing Ponticelli on (as unlikely as that is). 2-0 is a really funny score...one goal for you and it's pretty much game, set, match but one goal for them and the game is totally open again.

wingy

The Pitch is likely to be crap even after a fairly sunny week.
Can't call it, hope we smash em.

Evo1883

I would like to see Reid start , we need more balls into the box and more pace going forward and Reid offers us that .
Harris and mcnulty again must start and go at Barnet from the off .
I expect a win but knowing city 0-1

Sky

Driving for the first time in ages, do they still make you buy £50 worth of stuff in the arena carpark on matchdays if your there during game hours or do they not bother anymore?

no_loyalty

If Baker makes the bench today, it will be interesting to see who gets omitted from the match day squad, Vincenti or Ponti?

Otis

If Baker makes the bench today, it will be interesting to see who gets omitted from the match day squad, Vincenti or Ponti?
Can see him maybe coming out for the pre-match warm up with the squad, but would be surprised to see him on the bench.

Maybe a U23 game on Monday or whenever it is to judge his sharpness.

This is the City though, so you never know.

mark82

That one passed me by. Been away working all week so hadn't seen he'd signed. Bit of depth can only be good.

Irish Sky Blue

Driving for the first time in ages, do they still make you buy £50 worth of stuff in the arena carpark on matchdays if your there during game hours or do they not bother anymore?
I’ve parked in there 3 times this season. Each time I’ve bought something £50+. Twice I have had a letter coming through saying I have to pay a fine. Each time I have taken a photo of the receipt and emailed it back and heard no more. The bad thing is that on their letter with the fine they make no mention of you being okay if you have a receipt. If you didn’t know it would look like you had no choice but to pay them.

Sky Blue Harry H

A bit quiet on the match thread today - is that because, as fans. we've already assumed 3pts from today. I know I'm expecting a win, but hope the apathy on the match thread isn't reflected amongst the team. Must win today lads!

Modcons86

A bit quiet on the match thread today - is that because, as fans. we've already assumed 3pts from today. I know I'm expecting a win, but hope the apathy on the match thread isn't reflected amongst the team. Must win today lads!
Not sure about others, but im feeling nerves today. Got that sinking feeling that city love to provide.

Otis

Yep, definitely assumed 3pts. Just not sure who too yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pre match interviews suggest the players are itching to have a game after last week's postponement. That and Baker's arrival suggests we'll be up for this one.

Marty

It's a must win game, so I'm going for a 1-0 loss. Need to be attacking from the start and try to punish them, we seriously need to knock a fair few goals past them today.

Users who are viewing this thread