Match Thread Coventry City vs. AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 12th Jan (2 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

What position is the new lad playing, he seems to be wandering all over the place.

Great_Expectations

Positive; good interplay between players often resulting in good chances.

Negative; nobody in our team can shoot.

If we had another technical striker I’d put them on for Chaplin. Not sure it’s a game for JCH. Or even a left winger for Chaplin.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Reading this thread you'd think we are 4 nil down.

Hope some of you don't have any belts or shoelaces to hand.

When you've watched nearly all the games this season, including this one, the common faults that we demonstrate over and over again are indeed enough to make you want to get the shoe laces out.

Macca

If we had another technical striker I’d put them on for Chaplin. Not sure it’s a game for JCH. Or even a left winger for Chaplin.

Negative ,matches are decided by how many times players can kick the football into the net

Grendel

Sterling bayliss and without the shooting Thomas have been the sole contributors.

Kelly has done ok

We are carrying the rest of the forward line and the defence looks suspect. Burge i think has super glue on his boots as he can’t move for anything

Mucca Mad Boys

This has been a frustrating game... We’ve been far too hesitant to pull the trigger. But, if we keep it up, we can win this game!

JCH to come on and score.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They are also what’s got us to top half of the division

That's not the point.

Conceding set plays.
Being shit at set plays.
Missing chance after chance after chance.

These same factors are showing every single week, and have costed us so many times.

Why are these not being worked on? If they were we wouldn't have to accept being simply 'top half'.

Otis

That was very poor.

Some excellent approach play, but the final ball or shot has been abysmal .

We said after about 20 mins today that we won't score and it's certainly looking that way.

The shooting was dreadful in the warm-up (Ennobakhare especially) and it continued into the game.

Awful attempts from Kelly, Thomas and Sterling.

Cannot see past a defeat today.

I would take Chaplin off and bring on JCH.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Chaplin off ASAP. Offering nothing.

lifeskyblue

As a kid you learn to get your head/knee over the ball to keep it down. Can’t believe how many times we have leant back and blazed over.
Think Bright not fully fit and not sure what position he is playing. Also doesn’t seem to want to head the ball.
Why don’t we play balls in front of players to run on to rather than behind them so we lose momentum.
I like Kelly but too much sideways backwards today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread