Match Thread Coventry City vs. AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 12th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Chaplin doesn't have the pace to be up top. Their big centre half was outpacing him every time.

clint van damme

Couldn't put anything down yesterday I was frothing at the mouth.
On reflection we played a lot of decent stuff but just couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. The experts always say if you get into the positions to score eventually they will start going in. Hiwulla has been given a run of games up top and i like his work rate but you can't keep missing chance after chance.
The Chaplin question remains but he's being played as a deep 10 when everything we were told was he's a penalty area player. Until we play him there we aren't going to see if he's a goalscorer or not. IMO though he definitely is not a in the hole 10 or a wide player cutting in.

Talking to Villa supporters st work they expect Murphy to go out on loan next week. He may be the answer if he comes here.

skyblue025

Micky Quinn never had pace but he knew where to be in the penalty area. No idea if Chaplin does know where to be or not as he's played deeper. There are signs that if he's in the penalty area he does get into the areas. If you look at his goals from open play they have all been tap ins from 2-10 yards out.

oucho

Just seen the highlights. Hiwula should be taken round the back and shot after that miss at the end.

oucho

Fucking hell! You're not taking it well!

When I saw it, I let out an involuntary semi-scream, so the Mrs comes into the room to ask what's going on. Told her "we missed a sitter that cost us 2 points", she tutted and said I probably wouldn't have done any better. Then i reminded her of our circumstances and that these show I'm not a pro footballer thus not comparable to Hiwula who is paid good money pop the ball into the net from 3 yards. it was only when I showed her the clip that she agreed, by saying "why are Coventry picking him?"

covcity4life

Yesterday ruined my day like none other in last few years not even Walsall debacle few weeks ago. Was really odd as I pride myself on no longer letting losses kill me. Maybe ots cos we conceded in minutr 1 and had no time to enjoy gsme at all i dunno. But yeah meditated today a bright new start lol

clint van damme

Yesterday ruined my day like none other in last few years not even Walsall debacle few weeks ago. Was really odd as I pride myself on no longer letting losses kill me. Maybe ots cos we conceded in minutr 1 and had no time to enjoy gsme at all i dunno. But yeah meditated today a bright new start lol

Sometimes a result just gets you like that.

I'm very philosophical about it all at the moment. I'm sure I'll revert to Gammon headed melt down mode at some point before the seasons out!

Brighton Sky Blue

Some of our misses were unbelievable. It really does hammer home how fucking awful this league is that we can miss as many glorious chances as we have this season and still sit in the top half.

Ricketts

Now I've calmed down enough to look on here after yesterday, whilst Hiwula was unbalanced and lost his feet on several occasions, at least he was in the right positions. Chaplin was conspicuous by his absence. He should be living in the box.

In the last debacle, whilst Bayliss and Hiwula were passing it amongst themselves for 10 minutes, he still wasn't in the box, neither was JCH who should've been fresh.

Watching the Fulham Burnley match there were two own goals, because the strikers were hammering balls in, and had two deflections.

Apart from the frustration at the result, we dominated that match and Sterling and Thomas were brilliant, as was Kelly.

larry_david

Only have to look at scunny last week to see why we should shoot more. Their goal was so flukey and ours was even worse.

clint van damme

Jch obviously? He might not alwaya do it but chaplin rly must bring more to table to stay in team

When are baka and Biamou back? I really miss max now and don't think baka every been given a fair chance

I'm not sure about JCH and we lost our fluidity when he came on yesterday.

Some one put on a tweet up yesterday about Biamou which I skirted over but it seemed to suggest he will start back on grass next week so unlikely to be properly match fit until next season.
Agree about Baka and would like to see him get a run though ironically his in his impressive cameo away at Charlton it was Chaplin he linked up with.

covcity4life

I'm not sure about JCH and we lost our fluidity when he came on yesterday.

Some one put on a tweet up yesterday about Biamou which I skirted over but it seemed to suggest he will start back on grass next week so unlikely to be properly match fit until next season.
Agree about Baka and would like to see him get a run though ironically his in his impressive cameo away at Charlton it was Chaplin he linked up with.
Don't get me wrong I am.not giving up on Chaplin just yet

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Chaplin playing too deep, I believe he is a decent finisher , but he is sitting too far back and trying to win the ball against 6foot odd defenders... let JCH or Baylis etc do that, hang and goal poach & I do believe he Has the ability to finish ... the pressure of not scoring is making him drop deep and go loooking for the ball, then there is no one on the shoulder of the last man when the ball does go through and is straight to the keeper or out for a goal kick

I think him and Hiwula could work but they need to play the opposite way. Chaplin is a poacher and shouldn’t be so behind his partner, who on yesterdays showing clearly isn’t a poacher

Nick

Administrator
I think him and Hiwula could work but they need to play the opposite way. Chaplin is a poacher and shouldn’t be so behind his partner, who on yesterdays showing clearly isn’t a poacher
Chaplin isn't quick enough though, that's a major issue

Users who are viewing this thread