Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Nov (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Forget promotion we’re toothless we don’t have that player who turns team.

O’Hare is over rated massively

Not sure he’s overrated, he should have a good career at this level or possibly above. I think a section of our fans pinned too much on him after his few impressive performances of the bench comparing him to Grealish and the like.

Since he’s started I don’t think he’s contributed a single goal or assist though - just there’s not another player like him in our squad who can commit players so I can’t see him being dropped, a bit like Bayliss last season

cc84cov

Not sure he’s overrated, he should have a good career at this level or possibly above. I think a section of our fans pinned too much on him after his few impressive performances of the bench comparing him to Grealish and the like.

Since he’s started I don’t think he’s contributed a single goal or assist though - just there’s not another player like him in our squad who can commit players so I can’t see him being dropped, a bit like Bayliss last season

Fair point mate,he’s got potential yes him & Bayliss are at similar levels...McCallum I feel will play at a higher level than both

Grendel

Disappointed bench - no real game changers.

I’m looking forward to today though; it’ll be good to see two up front. As I’ve said on other threads, you shouldn’t underestimate the impact that has on a striker. I’m especially looking forward to everyone’s favourite boo boys being our strike force and subsequently scoring three between them.

3-0 City.

A definition of a post that did not age well

SlowerThanPlatt

So we took 4 points from Posh (3rd) and Fleetwood (5th) but 2 points from MK Dons (22nd), Tranmere (18th) and Accrington (19th)

Form wise for the last 6 games we sit 19th with only one win - some big games coming up against the two big hitters Sunderland and Ipswich

Skybluefaz

So we took 4 points from Posh (3rd) and Fleetwood (5th) but 2 points from MK Dons (22nd), Tranmere (18th) and Accrington (19th)

Form wise for the last 6 games we sit 19th with only one win - some big games coming up against the two big hitters Sunderland and Ipswich
That's frustrating as fuck. Rochdale is a must win now. We're piling pressure on our selves by not beating the crap teams

Grendel

Next time I’ll hope we lose, play terribly and all our players get injured.

But hey, at least you get to be gleeful this way.

Or we put the club first and don’t put tripe like Bakayoko first

just put your hands up and admit you’ve backed a dud

Sick Boy

We look a hell of a long way from a team who are going to be able to get promoted at the moment.

Great_Expectations

Today was by no means our best performance, we looked disjointed and there was no real style or flow to our play. However we did more than enough to win the game.

I really feel for Baka, I actually thought he looked better today, but his finishing really let him down. Unfortunately that will what he’s remembered for today, despite the other good bits he did. His confidence will be absolutely rock bottom now.

Sometimes I really dislike our fans; sounds a bit pompous, but it’s evident a few people have always been spectators and never actually played the game. I put it in the thread in the first half, but I absolutely detest the ‘forward’ chants. Today we played against a team who had zero attacking impetus and were set up not to lose. Yet our style if play broke then down enough times to create chances that should have been converted. As always, our strikers are our downfall.

I also don’t get the McFadz hate. It took me a while, but if people can’t see the impact he has on games then they need to watch again. He’s prone to a mistake unfortunately, but he manages the play around him well, is a leader and is comfortable stepping out with the ball.

Incredibly disappointing result, but we’re still around the play offs. We have players to come back and we absolutely have to strengthen our strikers in Jan.

My concern after today and a lack of strikers, is that MR reverts back to one up front. Hopefully Hiwula is fit for next weekend, but if not then give Bremang a chance.

Great_Expectations

I haven’t backed a dud, I’ve shown confidence in a player who plays for our club and is our only available striker. Would I have signed him? No. Would I prefer another striker? Yes. But he is who we have now, and he does have attributes, he just needs to pull them together.

I don’t get the put the club first bit?

cc84cov

I haven’t backed a dud, I’ve shown confidence in a player who plays for our club and is our only available striker. Would I have signed him? No. Would I prefer another striker? Yes. But he is who we have now, and he does have attributes, he just needs to pull them together.

I don’t get the put the club first bit?
His attributes are below the standard or level needed mate he’s no further on than when he first come,I think we’ve all been more than patient it’s not worked probably won’t work.

DannyThomas_1981

Mind blowing hypocrisy even by your exceptional standards Grendel. I don't recall you ever putting your hands up and admitting that you are wrong in any situation.

It's also amazing that you appear on these boards after we don't perform well and actually seem to be happier - so you can put the boot into your favoured targets.

SlowerThanPlatt

Today was by no means our best performance, we looked disjointed and there was no real style or flow to our play. However we did more than enough to win the game.

I really feel for Baka, I actually thought he looked better today, but his finishing really let him down. Unfortunately that will what he’s remembered for today, despite the other good bits he did. His confidence will be absolutely rock bottom now.

Sometimes I really dislike our fans; sounds a bit pompous, but it’s evident a few people have always been spectators and never actually played the game. I put it in the thread in the first half, but I absolutely detest the ‘forward’ chants. Today we played against a team who had zero attacking impetus and were set up not to lose. Yet our style if play broke then down enough times to create chances that should have been converted. As always, our strikers are our downfall.

I also don’t get the McFadz hate. It took me a while, but if people can’t see the impact he has on games then they need to watch again. He’s prone to a mistake unfortunately, but he manages the play around him well, is a leader and is comfortable stepping out with the ball.

Incredibly disappointing result, but we’re still around the play offs. We have players to come back and we absolutely have to strengthen our strikers in Jan.

My concern after today and a lack of strikers, is that MR reverts back to one up front. Hopefully Hiwula is fit for next weekend, but if not then give Bremang a chance.

I don’t think Bremang has been on the bench even in the Checkatrade games and he wasn’t today either without a recognised striker on the bench - I think he’s a quite a while off the first team

oscillatewildly

Not convinced about the 'players to come back' bit.

Great_Expectations

His attributes are below the standard or level needed mate he’s no further on than when he first come,I think we’ve all been more than patient it’s not worked probably won’t work.

I think what’s happened here is Grendel has done his usual and taken a post out of context and gone for the dramatic extravagant viewpoint.

If you look back, I backed Bakayoko to play well today. He’s our player why wouldn’t I want him to play well? That doesn’t mean I’m backing him to be the next Callum Wilson.

Saying that, do I think he has attributes? Yep. Am I convinced he can put them all together? No, but I’m not writing him off completely.

Grendel

Mind blowing hypocrisy even by your exceptional standards Grendel. I don't recall you ever putting your hands up and admitting that you are wrong in any situation.

It's also amazing that you appear on these boards after we don't perform well and actually seem to be happier - so you can put the boot into your favoured targets.

I was commenting throughout the game you lunatic

cc84cov

I think what’s happened here is Grendel has done his usual and taken a post out of context and gone for the dramatic extravagant viewpoint.

If you look back, I backed Bakayoko to play well today. He’s our player why wouldn’t I want him to play well? That doesn’t mean I’m backing him to be the next Callum Wilson.

Saying that, do I think he has attributes? Yep. Am I convinced he can put them all together? No, but I’m not writing him off completely.
I’ve wrote him off mate I’ll hold my hands up lol rather see burge play again over Baka

Grendel

you said he was playing well throughout the game - he wasn’t he was poor

Great_Expectations

I don’t think Bremang has been on the bench even in the Checkatrade games and he wasn’t today either without a recognised striker on the bench - I think he’s a quite a while off the first team

Yep I noticed that and guessed that was the case, but even so, if he’s our main U23 striker and we have no others, he has to be worth a go? It’s a desperate move, but the other option is to give Kast a go and I’m not convinced he is actually a footballer.

Great_Expectations

you said he was playing well throughout the game - he wasn’t he was poor

In your opinion he was poor. As I’ve said in a few posts, the two chances he missed were poor, but I actually thought his overall play was better than previous games (which is actually what I said).

Anyway, good discussion, let’s pick it up tomorrow as I’m off out now.

Enjoy the Devon.

cc84cov

Fair enough if that’s your opinion. I haven’t yet though, but equally I’d love to sign a striker in Jan!
Being honest mate I can’t stand watching him play been that way for a while tried my best to like the guy would loved to be proved wrong but I’ve given up hope pretty much...he has to get it right in jan if we bring anyone in.Allen & Jones to come back also we’ve just gotta keep grinding until then.

oucho

How has he taken that post out of context?

What did Robin's say?

He started by saying "I'm very frustrated that, despite managing this club for approaching 200 games, fans still mis-spell my name."

It sounded like a dig at him

Was MR implying Hiwula is a bit of a sicknote?

Frank Sidebottom

Seemed like same old city to me..... strikers that can't score, lots of possession and midfield that lump balls into useless attackers rather than having a ping themselves.... good teams need goals from all areas of the pitch.... we have little or no aerial threat from corners etc and the same from 30 yards from midfield.... our problems aren't just up top... but throughout the entire squad. If you have midfielders that have the ability to score from 30 yards it frees up the strikers.... we have neither.

SlowerThanPlatt

“I thought we controlled the game from start to finish, other than the usual shenanigans, and then some unusual shenanigans as well,” said Robins, clearly frustrated with the stalemate that saw them stay in sixth place in the division.

“I felt we should have been awarded a penalty, it hit the lad’s hand. I’ve been told that Max’s is a sending off, although I’ve asked Max and he said he may have caught him.

“But I certainly don’t think it was intentional if he has caught him. I need to see it back but Max is genuinely really honest so if he has done it then it’s not something that he’s meant to do.

“He hasn’t meant to go and smash him. He has fallen to the ground and the referee has sent him off.

“Then we were up against it with ten men, but then saw the game out. So the positives are a clean sheet and we’ve not gone and lost the game or shot ourselves in the foot.

“They had four efforts, shots or headers at goal, I don’t think any were on target, and not really created anything against us.

We’ve created some really good opportunities and then just not been able to take them. That’s the disappointment because you know against this opposition it’s not going to be a great spectacle

“We tried to make it a good spectacle and it was a better one, certainly than two years ago, but we’ve just not had that cool head in front of goal.”

Robins made special mention to luckless striker Amadou Bakayoko whom, he revealed, had been ill all week but managed to soldier through 90 minutes despite not being 100 per cent on a day when Jordy Hiwula continues to be out with an ankle injury.

“Baka today, I think he’s done brilliantly because he was off with a sickness bug in the week and that must have taken its toll, and then obviously to lose Max is another impact,” he said.

“And we haven’t got the strikers available and those changes to make, which is frustrating in that sense. So players that aren’t available cost you in games because if I’ve got different personnel to pick, I can make different changes.

“That’s my frustration, not necessarily with the players because the goalkeeper, back three and wing-backs put a great shift in. The midfielders did great in creating things, even with ten-men we played brilliant football out from the back and created a great chance.

“Callum O’Hare and Baka has got himself in and you think, for all the world, just slide it in the bottom corner. But for whatever reason we haven’t managed to get the win.

“But I’m glad that game is over and done with because you know with what we’ve got available with suspensions, injuries, illness or whatever, we need to be ready to go.”

DannyThomas_1981

I was commenting throughout the game you lunatic

Like most sane people I focus on the game vs. reading posts during the game.

It's glaringly obvious that you are more active on these boards post game with your usual negativity and putting the boot into individuals after we've not performed but pretty quiet generally when we've secured a decent result.

Did you praise Baka for example after his stunning goal vs. Doncaster? Did you celebrate Max's performance last week? Or is it easier just to continuously criticise certain targets and put the boot in? In your case the answer is very obvious.

And I more than noted you ignored my point on your amazing hypocrisy - how you can attack someone for not ever admitting to being wrong is totally mind blowing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think 'hate' is a bit of a strong word - it's criticism but often justified.

No good having an excellent captain of a submarine who keeps everything organised and running smoothly only to then himself press the wrong button and sink it.

Users who are viewing this thread