Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Nov (4 Viewers)

cc84cov

When’s Allen back? We’re really missing something in the middle.
Has anyone see much of Allen ?

I can’t recall seeing the lad play bar burton last season a game which none of their players really stood out for me...is he better than What’s in the midfield at present ?

Paul Anthony

Has anyone see much of Allen ?

I can’t recall seeing the lad play bar burton last season a game which none of their players really stood out for me...is he better than What’s in the midfield at present ?

All we ever seem hear is he's a week or two away. I mean, how long is a week in football, exactly?

DannyThomas_1981

We’re really missing someone with a better chance of scoring than Grendel in a Corbynista bar

Laughing.

To be fair and honest though I can't see that Grendel scoring in any bar - after a couple of glasses of stout he'd no doubt be robotically repeating all night:

'Max didn't contribute in the promotion season and has never scored a headed goal. Oggy is useless on the radio. Baka is not fit to be a professional. I'm right on everything. Brexit has been a real success. And I hate that Danny Thomas on SBT.'

:emoji_smile:

stevefloyd

I think 'hate' is a bit of a strong word - it's criticism but often justified.

No good having an excellent captain of a submarine who keeps everything organised and running smoothly only to then himself press the wrong button and sink it.
I didnt know he was in the navy

Brighton Sky Blue

Laughing.

To be fair and honest though I can't see that Grendel scoring in any bar - after a couple of glasses of stout he'd no doubt be robotically repeating all night:

'Max didn't contribute in the promotion season and has never scored a headed goal. Oggy is useless on the radio. Baka is not fit to be a professional. I'm right on everything. Brexit has been a real success. And I hate that Danny Thomas on SBT.'

On footballing issues he is at least correct some of the time. It certainly is true that we are lacking not in central midfield but up top. Hiwulla seems to not be quite right upstairs, Godden has been racking up the missed sitters, Baka misfires most of the time and Max is busy earning his black belt on the pitch.

All have a penchant for missing gilt edged sitters

Grendel

Laughing.

Is that your attempt at humour?

I would give up the day job. You’ve got as much chance of a career in stand up as Bakayoko of being a successful footballer

Irish Sky Blue

Not sure he’s overrated, he should have a good career at this level or possibly above. I think a section of our fans pinned too much on him after his few impressive performances of the bench comparing him to Grealish and the like.

Since he’s started I don’t think he’s contributed a single goal or assist though - just there’s not another player like him in our squad who can commit players so I can’t see him being dropped, a bit like Bayliss last season
It seems that whenever we don't win that there has to be a player to blame. O'Hare now seems to be getting it in the neck. I think his performance yesterday was below par for him but he still was the player most likely to unlock their defence. With regard to the no assist stat you mention, it does require another player to co vert the chance made, something we are not great at doing. He played Baka in yesterday with a great round the corner ball, set up Walsh at MK only for him to be pushed over as he was about to shoot. He is no Enobakhare but is still a good player in his own right and worth his place in the team.

Irish Sky Blue

Today was by no means our best performance, we looked disjointed and there was no real style or flow to our play. However we did more than enough to win the game.

I really feel for Baka, I actually thought he looked better today, but his finishing really let him down. Unfortunately that will what he’s remembered for today, despite the other good bits he did. His confidence will be absolutely rock bottom now.

Sometimes I really dislike our fans; sounds a bit pompous, but it’s evident a few people have always been spectators and never actually played the game. I put it in the thread in the first half, but I absolutely detest the ‘forward’ chants. Today we played against a team who had zero attacking impetus and were set up not to lose. Yet our style if play broke then down enough times to create chances that should have been converted. As always, our strikers are our downfall.

I also don’t get the McFadz hate. It took me a while, but if people can’t see the impact he has on games then they need to watch again. He’s prone to a mistake unfortunately, but he manages the play around him well, is a leader and is comfortable stepping out with the ball.

Incredibly disappointing result, but we’re still around the play offs. We have players to come back and we absolutely have to strengthen our strikers in Jan.

My concern after today and a lack of strikers, is that MR reverts back to one up front. Hopefully Hiwula is fit for next weekend, but if not then give Bremang a chance.
I agree with everything you say here.

Irish Sky Blue

Seemed like same old city to me..... strikers that can't score, lots of possession and midfield that lump balls into useless attackers rather than having a ping themselves.... good teams need goals from all areas of the pitch.... we have little or no aerial threat from corners etc and the same from 30 yards from midfield.... our problems aren't just up top... but throughout the entire squad. If you have midfielders that have the ability to score from 30 yards it frees up the strikers.... we have neither.
I think there have been 11 or 12 different scorers this season. Plus both Westwood and Shipley can and have score several goals from distance.

Irish Sky Blue

For all the criticism, we were comfortably the better team. Would people sooner watch us or Accrington? Even when the result hasn't go our way, we have played decent football this season, and we have had to deal with a shed load of injuries.
Our friend in the crowd was a lot quieter yesterday. Maybe someone did have a word with him after the Fleetwood game or maybe he read the posts about him on here.

Irish Sky Blue

You could argue that he was too deep first half which affected our options going forward, Westbrook too, the half time shot totals showed this too.
He doesn't need to sit that deep with 3 centre halves and essentially 2 wing backs

Felt like we had no midfield going forward for large parts today
There seemed to be a big gap between the forwards and the rest of the team. They do seem to be playing it longer from the back in the past few games. I noticed yesterday that a long ball will often be played after a passage of trying to play out from the back. Inevitably, midfielders and wing backs are in their own half looking for the short pass out from defence. When this happened yesterday we only had the two front players trying to hold on to the ball with no one other than the other forward supporting.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Laughing.

I could. He is after all wealthy.

But to be a fly on the wall when rather than apologise for being too quick he says it's her fault for taking too long.....

MalcSB

So you don’t go away then? Interesting.
What I find interesting is your apparent inability to comprehend someone preferring to financially support their own team rather than someone else’s. The revenue from 6,000 away at Franchise MK Dons will fund a player for them for a year.

Adge

What I find interesting is your apparent inability to comprehend someone preferring to financially support their own team rather than someone else’s. The revenue from 6,000 away at Franchise MK Dons will fund a player for them for a year.
So do you go to away games or not?

covcity4life

2 cup games ina row now

Would like to progress in bith competions but if any players in need of rest give it to them now and play fringe/development players if needed

Adge

Hence my relationship with the club is symbiotic, whereas yours is parasitic.
Aye-keep telling yourself that squire. See you at Colchester where I’ll be supporting the team-oh wait a minute..........

Tommo1993

He’s wrong though, Adge. in rounds prior to the 3rd, both teams get 45% of gate receipts. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adge

He’s wrong though, Adge. in rounds prior to the 3rd, both teams get 45% of gate receipts. :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh no! Might have to revoke my decision to go now that you have told me that.
MalcSB it’s ok-you can come now.

DannyThomas_1981

Is that your attempt at humour?

I would give up the day job. You’ve got as much chance of a career in stand up as Bakayoko of being a successful footballer

I have to say you are the best example of a keyboard warrior/armchair critic who has never played the game at any level.

To make it as a professional footballer as Bakayoko has done is something way beyond your own capabilities.

You have zero understanding as to what it takes to play at L1 level. It's very easy to sneer from the sidelines as you constantly do - the reality is that you are sneering at professional players who have more talent, vision, technical skills and athleticism than you could even imagine.

On the other hand being a sneering negative observer behind a keyboard - not so much talent required. So no need to pat yourself on the back pal and think you're something special.

MalcSB

Oh no! Might have to revoke my decision to go now that you have told me that.
MalcSB it’s ok-you can come now.
Thanks, I can rethink my entire strategy of Not One Penny More To Competitors By Refusing To Attend Away Games. NOPMTCBRTAAG for short

Users who are viewing this thread