Match Thread Coventry City v Sunderland match thread Saturday 29 Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Don't think this a game for Jones to come on

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Relatively even first half. Ref awful. Just got to see if MR gets out-thought by his opposite number during second half. At least they've only got 1 sub left to change things around.

lifeskyblue

Really enjoyed that half. Even but both teams committed. Yes lots of fouls but being played in the right way for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

We’ve matched them but game with few chances. Sterling doing well out of position.

Clarke Harris working the defence but Chaplin disappointing. Doyle taking every set piece is bewildering

covcity4life

Ok first half. Sunderland don't look special. We need to attack more though

Jch playing v well. Chaplin looks lovely. Sterling doing good job at left back.

Shipley a passenger. Been anonymous. This is not bullying. I bet Sunderland defenders prefer Shipley side than Thomas side. Maybe bring Jones on and see how he does on left or try Thomas there.

Nick

Administrator
We’ve matched them but game with few chances. Sterling doing well out of position.

Clarke Harris working the defence but Chaplin disappointing. Doyle taking every set piece is bewildering
He is, nobody is gambling. So many have gone into the middle from a flick and nobody there

jordan210

Feel sorry for Hyam getting booked early on for getting the ball. Sunderland have done worse and not got booked.

lifeskyblue

Agree that JCH has been good today; working hard, winning headers and free kicks. Their defenders will know they have been in a game. I think Chaplin is one good touch away from it clicking for him. Doyle has done well but should not be on every (or most) free kicks. Would like to see Thomas given the ball in front of him to his feet.
Very even game and one goal might just be enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

JCH having his best game for a while, only gone down once for no reason. He looks so much better when he uses his strength and stays on his feet. It's been a fairly even half with them having a 10 minute spell, but no real chances to speak of. The wall at the free kick was poorly positioned by Burge, both me and my lad said it needed another player on the end.

Nick

Administrator
Somebody needs to two foot Maguire too, then tell him about it as they walk back past him

Nick

Administrator
JCH having his best game for a while, only gone down once for no reason. He looks so much better when he uses his strength and stays on his feet. It's been a fairly even half with them having a 10 minute spell, but no real chances to speak of. The wall at the free kick was poorly positioned by Burge, both me and my lad said it needed another player on the end.
Really thought he was scoring, the rebound miss was unforgivable

eastwoodsdustman

Ok first half. Sunderland don't look special. We need to attack more though

Jch playing v well. Chaplin looks lovely. Sterling doing good job at left back.

Shipley a passenger. Been anonymous. This is not bullying. I bet Sunderland defenders prefer Shipley side than Thomas side. Maybe bring Jones on and see how he does on left or try Thomas there.
I agree. Chaplins hair is gorge.

Grendel

Goal. Sterling may have done better with the cross but terrible covering by Bayliss

Users who are viewing this thread