Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (16 Viewers)

Torquay Sky Blue

They have 3 stand outs...well more than that. Fernandez can royally serve us one. Rashford on his day and Garnacho.
However, defensively they're poor and their work rate is non existent at times. There's definitely a glimmer

SBT

We are going to have very little possession and will only get to hurt them on the counter - if MVE has to double up with Latibeaudiere from time to time in order to contain their wingers then so be it, but we need his pace at RW, otherwise we’ve got precious few outlets going forward.

SkyBlueSoul

c126ddf984a52e582c04657d8620f4d3.jpg

rexo87

We will have more possession than people think. I reckon it’ll be more than against Leeds and Southampton at home for example. United are better side when they have less anyway i think given the pace they have on the counter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluecam

We will have more possession than people think. I reckon it’ll be more than against Leeds and Southampton at home for example. United are better side when they have less anyway i think given the pace they have on the counter

Yeah United aren’t a side that looks to dominate possession. We’ll have some of the ball, our issues will come if we get caught in transition.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah United aren’t a side that looks to dominate possession. We’ll have some of the ball, our issues will come if we get caught in transition.
Dare I say defending set pieces, we’ve conceded frequently from them as of late and Slabhead likes to go forward a lot.

Briles

The last ten minutes of our 3-2 win, sat listening to the radio with my grandad who was a united fan. Believe it was Rob Gurney commentating at the time. I gave him some proper banter, even as a 12 year old.

bigfatronssba

Do we consider this to be the most high profile game of the Robins era? Or is that still the Play Off final?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

View attachment 35136

It's got to be this for me. All the arguments about MVE or Lati at RB are a bit futile for me. Realistically Utd are more than likely to score, regardless of who plays at RB.

Utd concede so many chances to teams who go at them. Everyone knows and does it in the PL now. Seems silly to say, but the only chance we have of beating them is to out attack & out score them. We wont beat them playing safe and scraping a 1-0.
Realistically Utd are more than likely to score, but Lati at RB makes them realistically likely to score more.

And if you're mentioning Utd conceding chances and we should out attack and outscore them - Lati at RB isn't going to get forward to support. Chances are MvE will spend most of the time covering. Whereas the other option is Tavares on the wing with MvE providing support and overlaps. Which is more attacking?

Just really frustrating Palmer got suspended as I think that'd have sorted the dilemma.

Last edited:

OldBedrocker

Man Utd tend to utilise fast wide midfield players. Our fullbacks and midfield need to be able to chase and close them down. MVE cant do two jobs and neither can Bidwell. Choosing who to play alongside Sheaf and Eccles to close them down is the key. This isn't really one for Lati given his recent form. Realistically only have Torp and Kelly. Tavares is a good attacking outlet in the current circumstances but he's not a tackler. Same for Wright. Simms covers a lot of ground and digs in when needed.
Kelly can’t chase anything anymore

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree; we'll have 34 kick offs for a start :unsure: ;)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

All Im saying is this is more or less what we would have gone into the PL with if we were promoted last season, with the exception of Hamer and maybe 1 more key signing, so with that in mind and what we did to Wolves and the unity in our squad we can beat anyone, we just have to get behind the lads and believe anything can happen. FA cup is basically ours if Chelsea beat Man City

Bosworth Blue

So it seems the club are now happy for Manchester United fans to sit in our end.

Surely we need to take some action to stop this?

procdoc

I think the team will be
Collins
Lati Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
MVE O’Hare Wright
Simms

Lati is really worrying me at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread