Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (12 Viewers)

shmmeee

Didnt he batter Beckham for bringing a bike in the changing room even though they had won the title? His reasoning being it displayed lack of focus?
Not suggesting Robins batters the players btw, just make them think about their place in the team. I know Uday Hussein didnt react well to Iraqi players displaying a lack of effort, but again i think it suffices to keep things civil but stern and being dropped for under performance i think is always a good option moving forward.

Yeah hairdryer and all that but when the rubber hits the road was curious if he’d ever dropped a player as punishment.

Fact is we’ve got about 15 fit players who are above L2 standard. Of them two have checked out. There’s not really a huge scope for statement team selections.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah hairdryer and all that but when the rubber hits the road was curious if he’d ever dropped a player as punishment.

Fact is we’ve got about 15 fit players who are above L2 standard. Of them two have checked out. There’s not really a huge scope for statement team selections.
Don't think anyone can check out of an occasion like this to be fair.

messiahrobins

I agree, but Kitching and Ohare for me are candidates, Latabadieure the other one.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah but it’s a bit weird to drop someone for a bad game then bring in someone who’s having a bad few months.
You decide who if on their best game can give us the best chance. Not that O’Hare can not start this game anyway, there’s nobody else.

The CableGuy

What gives me hope is Utd just love giving the opposition shots at goal, their one of the worst teams in the PL for that. We may not need to be that ruthless with our chances against them. If Newport Country can score against them, so can we.

Of course we need to keep them out at the other end, hopefully the 3 days off after the Brum defeat have cleared some heads because if we play like that on Sunday, this semi will be done well before half-time.

All the pressure is on Utd, they're expected to whack us anyway. I expect them to start fast with pace and try to kill us off early which is exactly what we did vs Maidstone. 1st 20 minutes are crucial, if we're still in the game after that, we have a chance. Even if were 2-0 down after 20 minutes, I'm convinced we can create enough chances to get back in it, assuming our defence has a decent day (no OG's Thomas!).

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s not really Lati vs Tavares, it’s Lati vs Milan for right back. I’d prefer Milan’s pace there against Rashford.
Lati at right back has been pretty horrendous, MVE there against Leeds and some pretty tricky customers was decent. The question is how wedded we are to 4ATB

Noble

Lati at right back has been pretty horrendous, MVE there against Leeds and some pretty tricky customers was decent. The question is how wedded we are to 4ATB
When playing Lati+MVE on the right side we end up dropping to a back 5 out of possession with MVE coming back deeper than someone like Tavares would, I suspect this is the kind of game MR will opt for that defensive option.

Sky Blue Pete

Thought Lati did ok when coming on for mve but that was mves best performance at right back for me for a long time and certainly without saka

edgy

1713344117335.png

It's got to be this for me. All the arguments about MVE or Lati at RB are a bit futile for me. Realistically Utd are more than likely to score, regardless of who plays at RB.

Utd concede so many chances to teams who go at them. Everyone knows and does it in the PL now. Seems silly to say, but the only chance we have of beating them is to out attack & out score them. We wont beat them playing safe and scraping a 1-0.

Ccfcisparks

I will be disappointed if we lose. I'm proud we have got as far as we did, but the fact we are playing Man United will take nothing away from what I'd feel at full time with a loss.

JSL

View attachment 35136

It's got to be this for me. All the arguments about MVE or Lati at RB are a bit futile for me. Realistically Utd are more than likely to score, regardless of who plays at RB.

Utd concede so many chances to teams who go at them. Everyone knows and does it in the PL now. Seems silly to say, but the only chance we have of beating them is to out attack & out score them. We wont beat them playing safe and scraping a 1-0.

MVE at RB and fabio on RW and thats the best we could do IMO

Last edited:

Bosworth Blue

Wait so our winger got a brilliant assist last night meanwhile we’re playing Tavares😭😭

Woke up this morning feeling fine…

JSL

Not for me. Tavares hasn't got the defensive qualities that the RW slot will need on Sunday. He hasn't done enough to earn a start at Wembley.
My point is we need MVE at RB. There is not many options for RW as a result. At a push, Eccles could maybe do a job at RB, but not Lati as its been a disaster the last few games with him there

edgy

My point is we need MVE at RB. There is not many options for RW as a result. At a push, Eccles could maybe do a job at RB, but not Lati as its been a disaster the last few games with him there

We dont need him at RB. United will trouble our defence regardless of who plays there.

gspotgaz

View attachment 35136

This is the go to for me. We need MVE pace on the counters and he can double up against rashford who let’s face it will probably have a field day one on one against lati

Deity

I’d play MVE at right back to help deal with United pace on the counter but also because United have been playing Wan-Bissaka at left back who I think will cope with MVE’s best asset, his pace.

IF Hadji and Simms are on form they could trouble the United defensive left hand side….

procdoc

My mate is a Man Utd season ticket holder and he is genuinely concerned. He says that if they turn up on it they should win comfortably but there's every chance they won't turn up on it.
I said to him if we play like we did against Brum it'll be a cricket score but he's not reading anything into that, said our minds were clearly elsewhere.
We can do these, just got to go into it without any expectations. I will enjoy the day out regardless

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My mate is a Man Utd season ticket holder and he is genuinely concerned. He says that if they turn up on it they should win comfortably but there's every chance they won't turn up on it.
I said to him if we play like we did against Brum it'll be a cricket score but he's not reading anything into that, said our minds were clearly elsewhere.
We can do these, just got to go into it without any expectations. I will enjoy the day out regardless
Just about to post similar! Chatting to a MU ST at work who's going with his boys and said they're not looking forward to it and are worried their luck is due to run out.

If we play anything like we did against Wolves, we'll have half a chance. Like Brum, no chance.

David O'Day

Moot point isn’t it.

But yeah the recruitment dropped a clanger by failing to get a winger in Jan.
We needed someone in but that was never going to be EMC, McAnthony has made it clear that the choices we had were agree to a loan back and a slight reduction in fee or go away and come back in the summer when it is very likely the price would be higher and there would be bigger suiters to challenge.

We should of brought in a loan even if just a PL youngster than could do a job left and right

Users who are viewing this thread

• BUSA