Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (10 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

That's

if true likely to be mainly because in the PL there are very few teams that play 3 at the back, Brentford and Brighton sometimes and Wolves are the only 3 I can think of.
Palace currently playing a back 3, as do Luton as do Sheff United

Matt smith

Difficult to call for me. As loathe as I am to put Lati at RB again, having that and MvE in front of him means we can double up on Garnacho (it feels ridiculous typing that) but also use MvE's pace on the break. Need to get at Kambwala if he's playing. The team basically picks itself, unless MR/AV spring a surprise and go 3ATB or something.

Solid performance but run out of steam and a 4-1 loss, couple of late goals for them making it look worse than it was.

Collins
Lati Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
MvE O'Hare Wright
Simms
Agree with this, be tempted to bring in Binks though, he won’t do it and I get that he hasn’t played for a while, but he deserves an opportunity

Bosworth Blue

1. No. Collins is better at everything.

2. Stupid comment.

3. No we don't, they should all be starting next season.

4. Torp doesn't. Just isn't used to the pace of the game yet.

5. Has to be a back 4.

6. Nah.

If the Barnsley trio are starting next season, we will not make the play offs

JSL

Man Utd tend to utilise fast wide midfield players. Our fullbacks and midfield need to be able to chase and close them down. MVE cant do two jobs and neither can Bidwell. Choosing who to play alongside Sheaf and Eccles to close them down is the key. This isn't really one for Lati given his recent form. Realistically only have Torp and Kelly. Tavares is a good attacking outlet in the current circumstances but he's not a tackler. Same for Wright. Simms covers a lot of ground and digs in when needed.

Matt smith

Explain how we've been top 6 form wise since we switched to 4 at the back with those 3 playing then?
I do see both sides of this argument

I think Collins Thomas and Kitching have been v good at times, but they also make errors, and they need to iron them out if we want to be serious contenders next year

3 clean sheets since Boxing Day, Maidstone rotherham and stoke; that’s not great

fernandopartridge

Can we play something more like the box with Sheaf, Eccles, O'Hare and Torp? The amount of space beyond Man United's press opens up opportunities for the latter two, and Torp to show his long range shooting ability?

I think it's likely though that Lati will be right back and MVE further forward so Lati isn't so exposed by Garnacho

Bosworth Blue

Can we play something more like the box with Sheaf, Eccles, O'Hare and Torp? The amount of space beyond Man United's press opens up opportunities for the latter two, and Torp to show his long range shooting ability?

I think it's likely though that Lati will be right back and MVE further forward so Lati isn't so exposed by Garnacho

We could but that would mean leaving Wright or Simms out

skybluecam

Sadly, Sheaf, Bidwell and O’hare will not be here year so we will not be a top 6 team. No need to be so condescending perhaps you should treat people with kindness
Bidwell won't leave without a replacement. We'd get great money for Sheaf. And I trust the club have targets lined up to replace O'Hare given the timeline.

It seems to be fashionable this week to rag on the "Barnsley trio" (when most were absolutely creaming themselves over their Leeds display).

Bosworth Blue

Bidwell won't leave without a replacement. We'd get great money for Sheaf. And I trust the club have targets lined up to replace O'Hare given the timeline.

It seems to be fashionable this week to rag on the "Barnsley trio" (when most were absolutely creaming themselves over their Leeds display).

I wasn’t. We were poor against Leeds and scored twice against the run of play.

Bidwell’s replacement was Dasilva, that went well

San Francisco

Just read this on X:

Coventry City in the FA Cup this season

Quarter final - 3-2 away win against Wolves. 24 shots and 12 on target they had in that match
5th round - 5-0 home win against Maidstone. 26 shots and 15 on target.
4th round - 1-1 away against Sheffield Wednesday. 17 shots and 4 on target
4th round replay - 4-1 home win against Sheffield Wednesday. 17 shots and 7 on target
3rd round - 6-2 home win against Oxford. 27 shots and 11 on target

22 shots per match average.

David O'Day

Yes so more than the ones you pointed out.
But the point that they play far more games against teams that play a back 4 remains does it not?

It's like most PL will lose more games against back 4s than 3s

Sorry fella if you missed the point

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread