Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

When Dabo started walking forward more or less everybody around me started making comments or put their heads in their hands. I think a lot of people felt like he was going to miss.

I know it is one moment and very hard not to be knee jerk, but he's nowhere near good enough. In the 30 minute cameo he looked poor and in the several years for us he has never scored (only own goals), providing only a handful of assists. The last few years has been like a charity player. Need to get him gone.

I'm absolutely devastated to lose like that, and for what? After the first half I would have taken penalties, but it is so poor putting him forward to take one. No one was shocked when he missed. Why did it have to be that way? If Hamer wasn't injured he would have stepped up and maybe it would be different.

I feel sick.

Well his final contribution is to cost his club £180 million. He can get in the bin

Marty

As soon as he started his walk up I knew he would miss, anyway, fantastic season with some great football along the way, massive rebuilding job in the summer, if we aren't careful could go the way of Huddersfield. Feel numb, not even angry. One step too far for us this year.

usskyblue

No fuck them

They didn’t steal anything, they played us off the park in the 1st half. We made adjustments and improved massively. Penalties were all well executed.. someone was going to feel the pressure and miss … it just happened to be Dabo.

It’s gutting but don’t let it overshadow what an amazing season we’ve had.

Safe journey home, thanks for being there and representing all those that couldn’t.

Brighton Sky Blue

They didn’t steal anything, they played us off the park in the 1st half. We made adjustments and improved massively. Penalties were all well executed.. someone was going to feel the pressure and miss … it just happened to be Dabo.

It’s gutting but don’t let it overshadow what an amazing season we’ve had.

Safe journey home, thanks for being there and representing all those that couldn’t.

It was caveman shit. Awful football and with any justice they will come bottom

Ross1247

Ah man what a way to lose. I do not agree Luton were the better team a couple of hoofed balls doesn't mean you were the better team, they were better team for maybe 30 mins but we were much better the rest of the game. Hamer injury was the difference I feel, palmer should have stayed on to take a peno I think.
That one trick pony rubbish won't work in the prem. But good luck to Luton prefer them than seeing Watford or Norwich yoyo back up and down.

pusbccfc

Fuck em. That long ball shit they’ll get battered week in week out

It won't though, just like it didn't with Stoke.

Long ball, when done properly can always work.

duffer

It is what it is. They finished ahead of us in the league and we weren't quite good enough to beat them on the day.

No bitterness here, we've done brilliantly well to get this far and this takes nothing away from Robins and the team.

Go again next year with a ground that solely ours and an owner that seemingly favours calm over controversy.

And the best manager in the league. By miles.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That was our chance right there. Won’t be back for another few decades
In my opinion I expected us to be in the play offs next season and not this one. We have one of the lowest budgets and yet have got through the entire play offs undefeated in open play .
There is absolutely loads to look forward to from now on. We are disappointed. I t hurts but there is a lot to look forward to.

covcity4life

So gutted. Knew we'd lose but on pens wtf

Why was dabo taking a pen before likes of bidwell and mcfadz? Did they not fancy it? Could tell he would miss it

Wilson so close to a few saves. Fine margins

Luton were better though and we didj tplay very well. Once hamer went off we stopped any type of attacking

Not buying the next year we'll do it stuff. Let's just hope king gives us a competitive squad

Happy_Martian

They won't get over 10 I'm telling u now.
I hope they come bottom on 0 points. Fuck all of them
And why might that be ? We were talking about using some of the £150mill promotion bonus to bolster our team. Why can't they do the same ? Brentford did. And Brighton. And how well are they doing now ?

While we look at the teams coming down from the Prem, I really think Luton will turn over more than a couple of big names and make fools of those in the Championship who laughed at them.

larry_david

And why might that be ? We were talking about using some of the £150mill promotion bonus to bolster our team. Why can't they do the same ? Brentford did. And Brighton. And how well are they doing now ?

While we look at the teams coming down from the Prem, I really think Luton will turn over more than a couple of big names and make fools of those in the Championship who laughed at them.
You keep believing that pal

usskyblue

It was caveman shit. Awful football and with any justice they will come bottom

I get it… but they’ve been effective all season.

How their season in the Prem goes isn’t something I particularly care about. I’m more concerned with ours in the Championship. There’s going to be a lot of turnaround and hopefully we re-invest in a squad that gets us one step further.

We’ve had our faith tested beyond the realms of imagination so many times. This is going to be another huge test but with Robins and Viveash we have the one of the best management teams in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread