Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (6 Viewers)

TomRad85

Whole season comes unstuck with that fucking rotten penalty. Need to log off here for a few days and not do football at all

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

Hate to say it, but the better team won on the day.
Good luck to Luton next season.
We've got a massive rebuilding job on, but we can do it PUSB.

usskyblue

Gutted. Ben got close to a couple of pens but in the end it just wasn’t enough. We did way better at pens than I thought we would

Congratulations to Luton.

Time to sell and rebuild. The lads did us proud this season. Proud but fucking feel empty.

Happy_Martian

It's okay to feel low, down or upset. But all the negatives about individual players should stop right now ! Every one of those players has worked their socks off for the club this year.

This club has performed miracles this season and they weren't able to create that final one. We should be proud of what they've achieved and look forward to what we do next season.

In the meantime, best of luck to Luton. It will be amusing seeing the "big clubs" having to attend Kenilworth Road. Most of the players won't have seen it before first hand (last 1st Div game played there in 1992) so expect to see some surprises.

larry_david

It's okay to feel low, down or upset. But all the negatives about individual players should stop right now ! Every one of those players has worked their socks off for the club this year.

This club has performed miracles this season and they weren't able to create that final one. We should be proud of what they've achieved and look forward to what we do next season.

In the meantime, best of luck to Luton. It will be amusing seeing the "big clubs" having to attend Kenilworth Road. Most of the players won't have seen it before first hand (last 1st Div game played there in 1992) so expect to see some surprises.
Nah u know what, fuck Luton. If morris scores more than 2 in open play then strike me down. They were done at 45 mins and were praying for pens the second we equalised.

HadjiChippo

I think the natural thing to think is this was our one chance at getting out of this league, but I have faith in Robins and our recruitment, and we’ll go again next year, probably minus Vik and Gus though

This is gonna hurt for a long time, worst way to lose.

jim20

Did well to get back into the game but Jesus.

I imagine Vic and maybe Hamer will go, we need to get big money for them and rebuild.
It’d be good if we could keep at least one of them, but I can see it happening. I think next year will be a building year, we will have an influx of new players loose some of our best ones, and we may challenge again the year after. Gutting the way it ended

Nick

Administrator
Nah u know what, fuck Luton. If morris scores more than 2 in open play then strike me down. They were done at 45 mins and were praying for pens the second we equalised.
And we did fuck all about it.

We put Palmer on then took him off. Didn't want it.

JulianDarbyFTW

Lets look on the bright side, we'll be an attractive club to join now so should have a decent squad next season. That's what let us down - having to play KP45 in place of Hamer when he clearly wasn't fit because we had fuck all else, and then put on Eccles in place of him because - again - we had fuck all else. Players not having a rest because we have noone to replace them. A bigger squad and we'd have been even better than we were this season.

CCFCSteve

Did well to come back second half and looked the likely winner until hamer went off but they just shaded it on the day. No shame in that

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

When Dabo started walking forward more or less everybody around me started making comments or put their heads in their hands. I think a lot of people felt like he was going to miss.

I know it is one moment and very hard not to be knee jerk, but he's nowhere near good enough. In the 30 minute cameo he looked poor and in the several years for us he has never scored (only own goals), providing only a handful of assists. The last few years has been like a charity player. Need to get him gone.

I'm absolutely devastated to lose like that, and for what? After the first half I would have taken penalties, but it is so poor putting him forward to take one. No one was shocked when he missed. Why did it have to be that way? If Hamer wasn't injured he would have stepped up and maybe it would be different.

I feel sick.

Brighton Sky Blue

Lets look on the bright side, we'll be an attractive club to join now so should have a decent squad next season. That's what let us down - having to play KP45 in place of Hamer when he clearly wasn't fit because we had fuck all else, and then put on Eccles in place of him because - again - we had fuck all else. Players not having a rest because we have noone to replace them. A bigger squad and we'd have been even better than we were this season.

That was our chance right there. Won’t be back for another few decades

Users who are viewing this thread